Login

russian armor

Hans banning Ivan

• This thread is locked
PAGES (8)down
22 Jul 2013, 13:02 PM

I do know, since Hans already stated his exact complaints on his stream and this website. It is hard to believe the cummunity managers are unaware of the existence and behaviour of some of the members of COHEXPERTS. Regardless, they should know about these things and I think they actually do. The fact they did not act on this persistent behaviour by themselves is a clear sign they do not mind.

Furthermore, I would appreciate if you did not copy my sentences every single time you respond to me on this forum and then replace the last part with a line such as: "you have no idea what you are talking about". If you disagree with me just state the reason, instead of disqualifying my statements on personal grounds.

Hans has stated what is bothering him, but you STILL have no idea what he told anyone at Relic, and what kind of proof he backed his story up with.
You are assuming things you cannot possibly know.

Also, i am not copying your sentences every time, and when i do, it is to emphasize the wrongness of exactly that part.

It is quite obviously NOT clear that the community managers should have an idea what any random individuals/groups of CoH2 players are doing whilst they are playing, unless they get input on their behavior or unless they happen to stumble upon it somehow. They do have a job (Community Manager), and that jobs focus doesn't encompass "stalking the gamers to find wrong-doers".

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 00:34 AMkafrion

hacking is ''breaking the law'' no questions asked its the refery who says if there is any hacking or not , abussive and harrasive behaviour on the other hand ... its alot more subjective to determine that

...and, to keep your analogy, in sports it's also the referee that decides whether you get a red card/yellow flag/2 minute/timeout/hat of shame for the offense. i have never seen a referee ask a player what his thought process was behind calling the other player a "son of a bitch".
22 Jul 2013, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 13:02 PMcr4wler
It is quite obviously NOT clear that the community managers should have an idea what any random individuals/groups of CoH2 players are doing whilst they are playing, unless they get input on their behavior or unless they happen to stumble upon it somehow. They do have a job (Community Manager), and that jobs focus doesn't encompass "stalking the gamers to find wrong-doers".

First, they SHOULD know, since COHEXPERTS are a controversial part of this community, who can most certainly not be described as a random group of individuals, as most of them are known players and some of them are known to be very good players.

Second, they DO know, as they are in HelpingHans' stream regularly and they read posts on this and other websites, where COHEXPERT members both post and are part of the subjects of other people's posts.

Conclusion, the community managers are aware of the persistent behaviour of some of the COHEXPERTS, which has carried on for months, and ALLOWED it. Untill HelpingHans adressed his issues and VonIvan got suspended, which is a friendly favor creating a bias.
22 Jul 2013, 13:56 PM

First, they SHOULD know, since COHEXPERTS are a controversial part of this community, who can most certainly not be described as a random group of individuals, as most of them are known players and some of them are known to be very good players.

Second, they DO know, as they are in HelpingHans' stream regularly and they read posts on this and other websites, where COHEXPERT members both post and are part of the subjects of other people's posts.

Conclusion, the community managers are aware of the persistent behaviour of some of the COHEXPERTS, which has carried on for months, and ALLOWED it. Untill HelpingHans adressed his issues and VonIvan got suspended, which is a friendly favor creating a bias.

i'm pretty sure, that if you were the community manager, you would know every player, every group of players, every forum, every thread, every post and every replay ever posted.

don't assume that others would do the same. don't draw conclusions on assumptions.
22 Jul 2013, 14:12 PM

poor troll got banned

Seriously, there is way too many people going around acting like they know exactly what happened and how the decision was made when they actually know dick all about it. So stop filling in the blanks by making your own bleep up to fit your perception of events.

The "I am just a troll" defense for being a complete asshole is lame as it is. It goes a step beyond troll when a person practically wakes up every morning and has his first thoughts of how to destroy someone else's day. Every indication is that he even got a warning, but tbh, I don't care if he did or not. If you are being an asshole on that level, you deserve to go. "he was just trolling a little and prideposting etc... no big deal" Don't bother responding with this anymore, clearly it's been going beyond that. And no, relic does not need to live up to some kind of precedence with this decision, they can handle it like every other game, on a case by case basis.

Hans is a great promoter of relic's game, sure, and Ivan was being destructive to that end, he got banned. There is really only one valid question worthy in response...

22 Jul 2013, 14:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

And the fires of Mordor will burn once more.
22 Jul 2013, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 13:56 PMcr4wler

i'm pretty sure, that if you were the community manager, you would know every player, every group of players, every forum, every thread, every post and every replay ever posted.

don't assume that others would do the same. don't draw conclusions on assumptions.

Be reasonable and refrain from hyperboles. These community managers know these players as they are present on forums such as this one, stream their games and some of them do well in tournaments.

It is not an assumption that the community managers actively read posts on various websites, since they reply to them. Next to that, they talk in HelpingHans' stream chat. Additionally, they have appeared on streams themselves and met with HelpingHans in person.

Conclusion still applies.
22 Jul 2013, 14:35 PM

oh, and btw... is he just banned from multiplayer? because he could probably really use this time to brush up his skills in single player by PLAYING THE TUTURIAL! MVGame

bahahahahaha
22 Jul 2013, 14:42 PM

Hans position arises from the fact he has a direct connection to these Admins as he met them and thus knows them. Next to that, they visit his stream and play the game with him.
The position of the average player is a position where you do not know these Admins, possible just by name alone.

It is striking I need to explain the concept of "friendship bias" to an admin of this website.

It is quite clear that Noun did not judge by himself, because he only acted upon a complaint by Helpinghans. If the situation was severe enough, he should have known as community manager and suspend VonIvan, before a complaint was filed.

It sounds like u jelly, big time. And if there is no complaint there would be no action, so it is quite clear that they judged it, simple as that.
22 Jul 2013, 14:48 PM

I mean sure VonIvan is a retard, but should we ban him because of that? No! because that would be wrong, if we start banning retards where would it end?

Then again, he wasn't banned for being a retard, he was banned for being a cunt. There is a small and subtle difference and that makes it OK.
22 Jul 2013, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 14:42 PMI984

It sounds like u jelly, big time. And if there is no complaint there would be no action, so it is quite clear that they judged it, simple as that.

The premise "no complaint, no action" is quite interesting in itself, but I am afraid I cannot find justice in it.

Assuming "jelly" means jealous, to some extent we all wish from time to time we can snap our fingers and get people suspended at will.
22 Jul 2013, 14:59 PM

Assuming "jelly" means jealous, to some extent we all wish from time to time we can snap our fingers and get people suspended at will.

Provide evidencde that this has happened.

22 Jul 2013, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 14:59 PMI984

Provide evidencde that this has happened.

Page one of this thread provides sufficient evidence.
22 Jul 2013, 15:55 PM

Conclusion still applies.

conclusion has never applied, and never will.

your logic is a non sequitur par excellence.
repeating it doesn't magically make it right.
22 Jul 2013, 16:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

why is this still going its amazing really. the 2 week ban was given out in 2 weeks we shall see what happens. nothing is and will be done or changed by arguing about whos right.

unfortunately life never will be completely fair because life isn't fair to begin with. :P
22 Jul 2013, 16:21 PM

Page one of this thread provides sufficient evidence.

Opinions of random people is not evidence.
22 Jul 2013, 16:36 PM

People saying the Relic Devs/Admins didn't do anything "before" means they automatically approved of it.

This is illogical.

Its very simple... Some people defend VonIvan's conduct as something they tolerate. Thats cool, but a precedent has been set here: That kind of conduct its not cool in this game.

Sure, if Hans wasn't popular, his complaints would have been harder to get through, but then again: If you are stupid enough to harass someone with the proper connections, then expect the burn to come at one point or another.

I'm going to go get a piña colada...

22 Jul 2013, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 15:55 PMcr4wler

conclusion has never applied, and never will.

your logic is a non sequitur par excellence.
repeating it doesn't magically make it right.

I am repeating the conclusion after explaining the validity of the arguments. Since you are unwilling to accept the following facts:

1. The community managers are present on this and equivalent websites. They read posts and reply to them. COHEXPERTS have a high attendency on these websites.
2. The community managers are present in HelpingHans' stream. They talk in the chat. They watch the gameplay.
3. The community managers have been present on streams themselves (SNF, HelpingHans at Relic).
4. The community managers met HelpingHans at the Relic studios in Vancouver.
5. The community managers know about tournaments. For instance, Barton versus HelpingHans in the ESL final. Behaviour is known.

I suggest you "check" these facts yourself and draw your own conclusions about the knowledge of these community managers.

People saying the Relic Devs/Admins didn't do anything "before" means they automatically approved of it.

This is illogical.

Nobody literally said they approved. I said allowed in caps...

If they have the means to act on this persistent behaviour yet do not act, it means they allow this behaviour, which effectively means it is not a suspendable offence.
22 Jul 2013, 17:08 PM

22 Jul 2013, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 16:21 PMI984

Opinions of random people is not evidence.

Sigh...to specify page one: post number 2.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment