Login

russian armor

Hans banning Ivan

• This thread is locked
PAGES (8)down
22 Jul 2013, 21:22 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 21:13 PMntd
He just wrote a 500 word post about why vonivan was banned and your first question is "why was vonivan banned?". Do you have reading comprehension problems or something?

NTD self proclaimed coh expert is here! The things Noun listed Von did not do. If Von decided to stream snipe Hans while streaming himself how is that illegal or harassment in any way? Both players are streaming and no one is cheating, plus a little rivalry makes coh 2 more exciting, wouldn't you agree? After all this is just a game and nothing more.
22 Jul 2013, 21:25 PM

I don't even think stream sniping / cheating was the biggest issue Iron. You guys acted like school yard bullies for prolonged period of time. Perhaps you should reflect on your own clans actions than playing the innocent victim game.
22 Jul 2013, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 20:53 PMNoun
However purposefully ruining the playing experience of other players is against our Terms of Service and we will remove online access to those players who consistently demonstrate that they are doing that.

But taking that too far, bringing in race, sexual orientation or resorting to hate speech is a suspension or ban.

I hate to say it but IronRoman is right. VonIvan never did any of the above. However, purposefully ruining the playing experience of other players is quite arbitrary, as losing to VonIvan's T70 spam, for instance, can be felt as a bad playing experience.

Are there any precise criteria, other than interfering with other people's enjoyment to play the game? If so, can you contest a suspension/ban on any of these criteria?

22 Jul 2013, 21:43 PM

Truth about VonIvan - he always streams during his own games, yes he watches Hans stream while he's waiting for him or sth, never during games because let's be honest, who needs to stream cheat on Hans? probably nobody.

Also it's worth to mention that he's not fake player like 95% of whole community saying all over again "gl hf" at the start and "gg wp" after all, even if game was a pure stomp, ofc he will write something else, usually funny (at least for me but i know you won't agree with me, right? MVGame)

Why VonIvan got banned? probably Hans is Noun BFF because Hans is currently mostly watched stream, nice job Relic with making already dead game, congratz! but let's back on topic, VonIvan was stream sniping him very often and beat him in like 95% of games? of course Hans raged as he usually do, wrote to Noun and BAM, VonIvan banned.

@Noun, about what fucking "hack" are you talking? is such a hack that gets you matched with specific person even exist? even in other games? the only thing what VonIvan is doing to snipe Hans is watching his stream, nothing else

And btw, VonIvan isn't ruining Hans game experience, he just wants to make him better and finally force him to play tutorial (at least he should be after ESL finals) MVGame
4 of 10 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 21:46 PM

Players don't get suspended for saying things like "Play the tutorial."

I'm not going to be discussing this case any more. The player has contacted us and asked for his case to be reviewed. We have given him our answer.

We've only suspended one player from CoH 2 at this point. This isn't something that happens often, so players don't need to worry that if they accidentally slip up and swear at someone they'll be banned.

We take these things seriously, and suspend or ban people with great thought and for reasons.

If you have been suspended it's an opportunity to review your behavior and decide whether to alter how you play in the future to avoid being banned.

Rather than arguing why someone should not be banned, it will probably be more worth your time trying to figure out how to play in a way that makes the game better for people, and not in a way that makes the game worse for everyone but you.
22 Jul 2013, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 20:34 PMNoun
To be clear we have always suspended people for griefing.

LOL, hard to quantify "griefing" for certain.

Further I just watched a cast where the player in question claimed to have hacked the game in order to control who he matches up against.

Well, I would certainly love to see that cast and hear it for myself. I honestly think you are confused on what stream sniping really is. It goes like this: One player waits until the other player hits the search function in game. (while watching his stream on Twitch) You, at the same time, also hit search, in hopes you meet him for a game. That's 'the hack'...nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone hacking the game to affect multiplayer play is banned immediately. He initially only had a 2 week suspension, since I did not hear him claim this first hand, but I have heard him now so we're reviewing what to do with his account.

It seems to me like you are grasping at straws to find a reason why (besides being friends with the other person, 'in question') why you brought the ban hammer in. Using un-quantifiable terms like "griefing" and throwing phrases like "he could be HACKING booga booga" around confuses everything. Since 'the other person in question' is a friend of yours, I'm wondering if another unbiased party can see this "cast" where VonIvan says he has hacked the game to such a point as to control how automatch works?

22 Jul 2013, 22:08 PM

5 of 10 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 22:12 PM

I'm wondering if another unbiased party can see this "cast" where VonIvan says he has hacked the game to such a point as to control how automatch works?

I am an unbiased party. I am working to keep the game as fun for people as possible, and having someone stalking other players to troll them is not particularly fun.

22 Jul 2013, 22:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 21:46 PMNoun

Rather than arguing why someone should not be banned, it will probably be more worth your time trying to figure out how to play in a way that makes the game better for people, and not in a way that makes the game worse for everyone but you.

hahahaha yea we could say same thing to Relic, about the whole gameplay and balance you know?
22 Jul 2013, 22:38 PM

Barton, you must be afraid that the number of replays containing you send to info@relic.com are piling up. :P
22 Jul 2013, 22:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 22:12 PMNoun

I am an unbiased party. I am working to keep the game as fun for people as possible, and having someone stalking other players to troll them is not particularly fun.

"troll them is not particularly fun" So trolling is illegal than? Stream sniping for some fun rivalry = stalking and deserves a ban? So what you're doing Noun is making coh community less fun, more dull, no freedom, no fun rivalries, so pretty much taking all the fun out of this game and making it dull to the max, the opposite of fun. We all know if the streamer was not HelpingHans, Von would no be banned since there is no evidence what so ever, but since Hans went to Vancouver he knows the game developers and because of it gets a special treatment.
22 Jul 2013, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 20:34 PMNoun
To be clear we have always suspended people for griefing. We've banned people for this. We did in the original game for years, and will continue to do so.

Thanks for posting here Noun. Your contribution, as always, is assuring and welcome.

Although I agree with everything that you've posted so far, one thing I disagree with is banning people for griefing. Griefing in my book, is using unintended mechanics in the game and abusing those. It is not the fault of the griefer that these unintended mechanics are there eg Stag Spamming or Strafe spamming (the latter of which happens a lot on COH2 these days) - it is no-one's fault.

Instead, it is up to the devs to fix them once they have come out, which is what you guys do a great job in, but doesn't warrant a ban anywhere.

Thank you once again for posting here. It has been welcomed :)
22 Jul 2013, 22:53 PM

This thing as a whole smell so fishy from relic.
6 of 10 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 23:01 PM

"troll them is not particularly fun" So trolling is illegal than?

Seriously, dude have you read my posts at all? I've directly answered your question on this. I know English isn't everyone's language, but come on you seem to be okay at it.

Stream sniping for some fun rivalry = stalking and deserves a ban?

Yes, harassing a player to ruin their fun deserves a suspension the first time. If it continues it deserves a ban.

So what you're doing Noun is making coh community less fun, more dull, no freedom, no fun rivalries, so pretty much taking all the fun out of this game and making it dull to the max, the opposite of fun.

Being stalked isn't most people's idea of fun. I know there are those kinky clubs that offer that as a service, but it's has no place in our game.

We all know if the streamer was not HelpingHans, Von would no be banned since there is no evidence what so ever, but since Hans went to Vancouver he knows the game developers and because of it gets a special treatment.

Nope. As I say we've banned hundreds of people from vCoH over the years. We get reports in at info@relic.com and we review replays and other evidence in order to determine what action should be taken.

Let me be clear.

If a player's enjoyment of CoH 2 is based on making the game worse for other members of the community we may suspend or ban them. Deliberately ruining the play experience of other players is not allowed.

So there you go, I did answer your question yet again.
22 Jul 2013, 23:05 PM

Noun: "We've only suspended one player from CoH 2 at this point."

Yeah! Well, suspend my account too! I am tired of these lies. I've seen VonIvan leave matches he was put into in order to get back in queue to try to face HelpingHans. VonIvan is a good person and a legitimate player. I don't want to play CoH2 if people are falsely accused or doing things and suspended from the game for no reason. This is nothing but HelpingHans abusing his power and Relic and Ami going with his side.

edit: Noun, you don't know what you are doing.
ntd
22 Jul 2013, 23:07 PM
Admin Black Badge

I've seen VonIvan leave matches he was put into in order to get back in queue to try to face HelpingHans.

What don't you understand about the fact that this is a big part of the reason he's banned until the end of the month?
7 of 10 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 23:09 PM

Noun: "We've only suspended one player from CoH 2 at this point."

Yeah! Well, suspend my account too!

Was your account the one that VonIvan was playing on? If yes, then there's your answer.

I've seen VonIvan leave matches he was put into in order to get back in queue to try to face HelpingHans.

So he is stalking people.

edit: Noun, you don't know what you are doing.

Hope that made you feel better.
22 Jul 2013, 23:12 PM

I don't understand why you "trolls" are still not getting it through your thick skulls. It is not an acceptable way of treating people within our community and if you keep at it you will simply exclude yourselves further.

Understand just because a select few of you find it funny to stalk and abuse someone for weeks on end, others don't.
22 Jul 2013, 23:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 23:07 PMntd

What don't you understand about the fact this is a big part of the reason he's banned until the end of the month?

No the reason he was banned was because ''he'' claim that he hack the game and was able to get match againt w.e player he wanted. Wich is pure bs from noun to say he did hear von saying it wich didnt happen.
8 of 10 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 23:15 PM

Yeah! Well, suspend my account too! I am tired of these lies.

On this point, if you know someone has been suspended or banned from the game I'd advice against letting them play on your account especially if their plan is to do the exact thing that got them suspended in the first place.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS