Login

russian armor

Ban Barton & Price For Harassing Shadowwada

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
18 Aug 2016, 11:40 AM
18 Aug 2016, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2016, 11:16 AMTalore
Why, though? How come a community website is so staunchly opposed to disenfranchising people who are such toxic community members? What does coh2.org stand to gain from such a stance?

It blows my mind that a website would go "oh just ignore it" rather than take action. Why is ensuring that trolls remain unhindered so much more important to coh2.org than providing any sort of buffer for community members from harassment?

Because those people are part of this community ?
Because banning assumed trolls would mean this portal is reserved to some members deemed worthy of it, thus creating sub communities ?

Its a forum here and looks like to me if some were not obnoxious they could progress.
18 Aug 2016, 12:23 PM

This thread is like asking for more :clap:
18 Aug 2016, 12:42 PM

What is your definition of trolling then ?

If you go public under the image of an overly competitive guy I think you should be prepared to meet people whose fun is to beat overly competitive guys over and over and who are prepared to use any weapon at their disposal.

At the moment you start repeatedly trolling someone, focusing him for whatever reason you believe is good, you are harassing.
People have the right to build whatever image they want of themselve, Wada can give himself the image super-pro player if he wants since he doesn't hurt anyone with. Using that image to troll him once a while is still a troll, using it eveytime against him is harassing.

Now if you can't understand that, I done with the explanation.
18 Aug 2016, 13:27 PM

Ladies and Gentelmen , Brothers and Sisters , Reborn Admins who hate me Kappa, you guys forgeting about 1 important thing - this is COH2 , this is Relic and Relic don't care about that stuff, i know many people from twitch and 90% of people who going to shadowwada stream and wait until he gonna start raging --- i always receive like 10-20 request on steam -- snipe Wada pls. Wada biggest fault is nr.1 - PRO title on stream (PRO means player never lose). nr.2 ---- Stop raging and talking about all kind of stuff 30 min, be real. nr.3 --- stop rage quit all the time when you see other smurfs when we not even playing COH2, nr.4 --- you are like 30 year old guy --- if someone sniping you take the challenge or you want me to start call you a female. nr.5 Stop showing sings on twitch with your hands like you want to masturbate when you beating opponent. nr.6 We don't hate you wada but many people want you see raging all the time(Comedy Show). Nr.7 If Barton typing something on game chat just ignore it --- becuase he don't hate you , he love you because --- he trolling you with words. Imagine someone saying Hate You --- I you know barton --- means Love You. Nr.8 - Find some Dojo and do some Yoga session to reduce anger. Nr.9 - Become a troll. Nr.10 - Result conflicts with talking - with no intention of trying to like -- you said something wrong i gonna ban you - like became more peaceful person. Nr.11 Remember there is more like me or Barton Trolls outside there who gonna feed on your anger. Nr.12 Don't throw any objects in your room.

Head hurts... eyes are bleeding...there may be some ideas here but I don't know.
18 Aug 2016, 13:34 PM

As much as I dislike harrassment, I can't say I support banning Barton and Price.

Two reasons I have as to why I don't support banning Barton and Price is mainly because it sets a very convoluted precedent, and what I mean by that is at what time does it stop being trolling and becomes harassment and vice versa? Everyone has their own definition regarding trolling and harassment, since Shadowwada and other people do consider what Barton did to be more than trolling IE. harassment, while quite a number of other people don't.

The last reason why I don't support banning Barton and Price is because Barton has done this not only to Shadowwada, but to other high level players for the longest time. I'm talking about the coh1 days specifically. Barton has done this for the longest time(L2P sandbags/wires, constant stream sniping and etc) since coh1, and Relic didn't ban him then, so why would they ban him now?

Another point to consider is that Barton does this to other coh2 streamers as well(follow spam, multiple troll hosts, stream sniping and etc). I was watching VonIvan's stream yesterday and Barton followed him and hosted him multiple times, while stream sniping but it was clear VonIvan didn't mind.

I'd only maybe support a suspension, but a ban might be taking it too far I think.
18 Aug 2016, 13:38 PM

I agree with an earlier post by Elchino. Barton and Price might deserve to be banned by Relic, but I don't really see a reason to ban them from COH2.org...yet.

Wada your tendency to rage and produce a highly visible reactions is what draws their behavior. Ignore them, attempt to play through the game until the bitter end (don't rage quit), ban them from your chat, and use any losses as a way to develop as a player not to get angrier. Posting this, I am afraid, only further shows them that they are getting the reaction they want from you.

If you have good evidence from COH2.org that they should be banned on this site I would PM a moderator, they are very responsive and take legitimate claims seriously.
18 Aug 2016, 13:39 PM
Donator 11

Ladies and Gentelmen , Brothers and Sisters , Reborn Admins who hate me Kappa, you guys forgeting about 1 important thing - this is COH2 , this is Relic and Relic don't care about that stuff, i know many people from twitch and 90% of people who going to shadowwada stream and wait until he gonna start raging --- i always receive like 10-20 request on steam -- snipe Wada pls. Wada biggest fault is nr.1 - PRO title on stream (PRO means player never lose). nr.2 ---- Stop raging and talking about all kind of stuff 30 min, be real. nr.3 --- stop rage quit all the time when you see other smurfs when we not even playing COH2, nr.4 --- you are like 30 year old guy --- if someone sniping you take the challenge or you want me to start call you a female. nr.5 Stop showing sings on twitch with your hands like you want to masturbate when you beating opponent. nr.6 We don't hate you wada but many people want you see raging all the time(Comedy Show). Nr.7 If Barton typing something on game chat just ignore it --- becuase he don't hate you , he love you because --- he trolling you with words. Imagine someone saying Hate You --- I you know barton --- means Love You. Nr.8 - Find some Dojo and do some Yoga session to reduce anger. Nr.9 - Become a troll. Nr.10 - Result conflicts with talking - with no intention of trying to like -- you said something wrong i gonna ban you - like became more peaceful person. Nr.11 Remember there is more like me or Barton Trolls outside there who gonna feed on your anger. Nr.12 Don't throw any objects in your room.

I am sad to agree with this.

This is game afte all.

If you win the snipe you win all.

Barton did snipe me when I streaming.

I do thank him for sniping me on twitch because he did take me out from the auto match noobs.

BTW do not use 2nd screen on me barton. when you use it I know it LOLOL.
18 Aug 2016, 13:52 PM

Best Thread ever. Just shows how sensitive people can become. I mean it's understandable that being competitive brings the worst out of someone when they lose, just doesn't make it appropriate when you hate hate hate.

Trolling should never be something that's punishable unless it crosses a line of being super inappropriate such as blatant insults or racism or anything derogatory.

Simply pissing wada off with spamming "l2p" is hardly a punishable offense

LUL
18 Aug 2016, 14:07 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Both Barton and Sprice have been banned on coh2.org previously for harassment. If they attempt to harass you here (by posting threads or trendings or whatever) or in one of our events, they get banned. Our moderators decide the severity and duration of the ban.

If the harassment is primarily occurring on Twitch, you need to contact Twitch (I've found them to be reasonable and considerate in the past), and if it's happening in-game, you need to contact Relic. Relic has banned Barton in-game in the past as well, so perhaps they will validate your claims and take action again.
18 Aug 2016, 14:10 PM

Trolls will be trolls. If you can find the strength to completely ignore them they will give up. They troll you because look at the clips of your reaction. Every time you lose your cool, they accomplish their goal.

18 Aug 2016, 14:13 PM

The fake names gave the illusion I was being attacked by a bunch of random people as well as throwing my skill into question due to them being random nobodies. If I knew it were just Barton trash talking, it probably wouldn’t have bothered me but the idea a bunch of random people hated me is really hurtful. Instead of just trash talking, Barton wanted to inflict emotional and mental pain.

While Barton & Price made it extremely hard to stream, I tried my best to give you guys the best show as I could. Again, thank you <444>3.

Oy, no worries, I've enjoyed watching when I could.
But Slurpee is right. Though I do think Barton / SPrice ought change their behavior, which is deplorable, and I think that any community has the natural right to oust anyone they want for whatever reason, I think you ought reform your own outlook. That way, you will be unaffected by such dastardly rusers, the likes of which we will face our entire lives. Better is it to go through with peace than tribulation.
And now it's time for some pithy philosophical quotes.

"If humble souls are contradicted, they remain calm; if they are calumniated, they suffer with patience; if they are little esteemed, neglected, or forgotten, they consider that their due; if they are weighed down with occupations, they perform them cheerfully." - St. Vincent de Paul.
"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." - Marcus Aurelius.
18 Aug 2016, 14:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Both Barton and Sprice have been banned on coh2.org previously for harassment. If they attempt to harass you here (by posting threads or trendings or whatever) or in one of our events, they get banned. Our moderators decide the severity and duration of the ban.

If the harassment is primarily occurring on Twitch, you need to contact Twitch (I've found them to be reasonable and considerate in the past), and if it's happening in-game, you need to contact Relic. Relic has banned Barton in-game in the past as well, so perhaps they will validate your claims and take action again.

First Twitch have to check the logs before banning a person --- like with making alt account - by checking in what IP new acc were made of + they can only check the only history what you typed in the past. Twitch can't ban you for this - because you harassed ingame - no outside the world.
So stop talking about nonsense. Btw i never harassed people - but streamsniping yes! --- learned from my master VonIvan --- Bless our BigBrother VonIvan
18 Aug 2016, 14:24 PM

i havnt heard of any of this till now, its some bullshit that they did that to u wada i think no one deserve any kind of harrassment. especially making fellow brothers or members look bad when they just trying to make ppl happy
18 Aug 2016, 14:24 PM

i still can't figure out if this thread is a joke. i don't like barton, but you can't do stuff like this and expect him to stop poking at you, man.

and no offense, but every time i read one of your posts you definitely project a self-important persona that no one really likes. your ability to play the game has little effect on this.

let it roll. they can harass you all they want, but if you don't react to it, it'll stop. posting stuff like this is just adding fuel to the fire.

there are assholes everywhere. don't let it get to you.
18 Aug 2016, 14:35 PM

some people prob misunderstood the meaning of stream sniping, and wada is best example, he does not want that but how he wants to avoid it? streaming makes it easier, and now at times where maybe 1% players are good, searching for ranked game i prefer to play vs wada than some random no name noob obviously, yesterday i've played vs vonivan, he's one of top players, at least games were good, he's not mad anyhow on this, he actually wanted it cuz he practise for tourney, and playing ranked vs noobs won't make him better.

So wada, if you enjoy bashing noobs all over again and claiming to be best US player ever then you must work harder for this title because i'm looking for some challenge from you in future :snfBarton:
18 Aug 2016, 14:37 PM

Permanently Banned
Coh2 - im asking you where are COH2 top players - where is community? Why searching games takes 10 min :(
18 Aug 2016, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2016, 09:53 AMEsxile
Shame on the people responding "don't feed the troll". trolling is something completely different from harassing and bullying.
And I don't agree you can simply tell to someone harassed or bullied, -You are looking from it with your attitude. Nobody deserves to be harassed because of its personality on a twitch channel/game or wherever.
You don't like someone twitch channel or attitude, just don't go there, it exists absolutely 0 valid reason to harass someone. I think each of our respective country has laws upon harassment problems and feeling free to do it on internet because of the law limitation between countries is really pathetic.

Thank you, x
18 Aug 2016, 14:40 PM

Prominent members of the community cannot harass other prominent members.

"Doesn't matter what members" should not harass other "doesn't matter what members" Period!!!

Other then that, couldn't agree more. This two guys deserve a real slap in the face. IRL, not nly from Relic. Instead they get invited to their tournament!!

:hansGG: Relic :hansGG:
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight