Login

russian armor

Ban Barton & Price For Harassing Shadowwada

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
18 Aug 2016, 01:01 AM

For the past month, Barton & Price have harassed me. While they are known as trolls, they have escalated to full blown harassment. As Barton, Price, and I are prominent members of the community, this harassment is a community issue. Prominent members of the community cannot harass other prominent members. Barton & Price are a pox on our community. They do nothing but bring it down. As a community, we cannot allow such heinous crimes to go unpunished. As to the crimes, I will present the facts of this ordeal.

Firstly to bring those who don’t watch my stream up to speed, the harassment started shortly after Tightrope’s Pacific Invitational 3. Using multiple names, Barton stream sniped me so he could say hurtful comments. The fake names gave the illusion I was being attacked by a bunch of random people as well as throwing my skill into question due to them being random nobodies. If I knew it were just Barton trash talking, it probably wouldn’t have bothered me but the idea a bunch of random people hated me is really hurtful. Instead of just trash talking, Barton wanted to inflict emotional and mental pain. On stream, I expressed I wasn’t cool with these malicious comments but Barton didn’t and hasn’t stopped. Once finding out Barton was behind it all, I’ve tried again and again to come to an amicable resolution with him but he won’t stop. The only reason he stopped the in-game harassment is because I threatened to get him banned. However despite knowing how much I dislike it, he continues to troll & harass me. Lastly, I expressed all my frustration with the current situation and instead of Barton empathizing and relenting, he posted the clip to coh2.org shoutbox as a trophy. Punishment is the only thing to make him stop.

While Price wasn’t active in the initial harassment, he has escalated the situation by joining in. Price changed his name to Wada-centric names, including “IGonnaKillWada” A death threat isn’t a joke, especially from a harasser to the harassed. This alone should be enough to ban Price.

Now up to speed, I will address the specifics (Evidence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRzwcDQdDVQ):

Barton used the names Adam21777, Panzerfaustine Mech Div., ZbysiuStongoga, Sucking Wada to harass me.

Price used the names Shadowwada Masturbating, MasturbatorWada, WadaICanTeachYouPlay, IGonnaKillWada, ILoveWadaWhenMasturbate, IloveWadaWhenTouchingMyBoobs. Price has streamed using these names so he is brazenly making fun of me to his audience and instigating others to follow their example to harass me; While doing 2s with Tightrope, Troll Master Water Mage & Orc Master Fire Mage verbally harassed us in-game and specifically said “Barton knows best” Also “Megas3an” spam hosted my twitch channel and he was talking trash about me in Price’s chat so he is following their example. SturmtigerFrost changed his name to BartonPL and sniped me. Random smurf “Don’t Ban Me Bro” sniped me 3 times in a row.

As said earlier, IGonnaKillWada is a death threat.

Barton & Price continue to stream snipe.

Barton impersonated DimitriTheCanonFodder to harass me. Dimitri is a really nice and good player so Dimitri doesn’t deserve Barton dragging his good name through the mud. Thankfully, we realized it was Barton so Dimitri’s reputation is good.

Barton & Price using smurf twitch accounts to spam follow/host my twitch channel. Technically it could be anyone but given the situation, it is obviously them. For proof, twitch can track the IPs of the accounts. Multiple twitch accounts is against twitch TOS so they need to be banned from twitch.

Proof wadababydontcry & dhseavixen are Barton smurfs: Barton posted a twitch clip made by them into the coh2.org shout box.

Barton uses his main twitch account to spam follow & host my stream. It has gotten to the point where Barton host/followed within 3 minutes of starting my stream (August 11,2016)

Price’s sent message over twitch: “Noob to understand trolls you need to become a troll like me barton or vonivan - and stop typing 1vs1 PRO - because you don't even deserve a title of PRO or you don't even know what does PRO means”

Barton used “barlonpl” “wadababydontcry” “wadayadagaga” twitch account to circumvent shadowwada’s chat ban. Barlonpl account currently deleted. Multiple twitch accounts and using them to circumvent chat bans is against twitch TOS.

Barton spammed calls over steam. After getting tired of Barton’s stream snipe, I went to play 2v2s so Barton continued to harass over steam. Barton did it two consecutive days and only stopped because I blocked him on steam

Barton joined my 4v4 viewer game, even though the point of going to 4v4s is to get away from him.

Price colluded with Barton, giving the idea for “L2P Wada” sandbags (Was on frontpage of trending).On Price stream, they were speaking in Polish so they could deny this.

In closing, I just want to thank everyone for their support during this time. I do it for you guys. While Barton & Price made it extremely hard to stream, I tried my best to give you guys the best show as I could. Again, thank you <444>3.
18 Aug 2016, 01:15 AM

I'm an outsider to this environment, even though I'm around since 2014 I think. I say this because I don't care that much about twitch accounts and stuff, I just discovered youtube channels. Yeah, I'm not that old but on this I'm on grandpa levels.

I "know" (sorta) Barton and Sprice for their specific playstyle (I like to watch The Propagandacast), and you too are no unknown personality for me. I don't think that anyone should be harassed on a game, because that is, well, being an ass.

That being said, jesus man, all that wall of text, seems so much work. Smurf accounts, alternate accounts, changing player names, it's nonstop working. The text made of sandbags, that alone is much more than I can accomplish.

I'm saying this because you should seriously consider that they are actually in love with you. Only so much passion can explain why they go such lengths to demonstrate this or that feeling about you. Usually bad words and intense demonstrations means a deeply seated, often negated attraction. We see such demonstrations on hate crimes such as the homophobic beatings, or, to bring back a recent scenario, the miami gay bar terror crime.

Being loved that much, you should be proud. Maybe it's not your inclination. Just say "thank you" and move on. Eventually, they'll come to their terms and life goes on.

See ya.
18 Aug 2016, 01:18 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Try not giving a fuck. You put yourself out there and stream so you have to expect that. There will always be haters (especially when they feel strong on the internet). I kinda feel you got the wrong attitude towards this kind of behaviour, raging in general (as I've seen a couple of clips popping out lately of you). Trolls will take advantage of that behaviour. If you let them, you just give them the satisfaction and attention they want.

Don't wanna be rude or anything, but you just might wanna get a thicker skin in that regard.
18 Aug 2016, 01:51 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2016, 01:18 AMluvnest
Try not giving a fuck. You put yourself out there and stream so you have to expect that. There will always be haters (especially when they feel strong on the internet). I kinda feel you got the wrong attitude towards this kind of behaviour, raging in general (as I've seen a couple of clips popping out lately of you). Trolls will take advantage of that behaviour. If you let them, you just give them the satisfaction and attention they want.

Don't wanna be rude or anything, but you just might wanna get a thicker skin in that regard.

As much as I have to agree with that statement I think punishment for these two is long due.
18 Aug 2016, 01:58 AM

I'm pretty sure the harassment has gone way too far at this point.
18 Aug 2016, 02:08 AM

Ban them. This is relatively mild by itself, but they should've been banned many times already. In the past Barton has: defamed people by using their names and acting like a fuckhead, suspended from Relic Online and GR for exploiting, exploited twitch bugs to make game crash for Relic devs while they are live streaming, harassment, bullying, continued bug exploiting in COH2, and the list goes on. Not sure about Price, but I know he exploits the shit out of bugs and hangs with Barton 24/7, so wouldn't be surprised.

And I don't like banning people because they did or said something that was a little mean, but when they are legitimate bullies, plus exploit the game and impersonate other people (which believe me has gotten people falsely banned from Relic before) they need to go. QueenRatchet and Nullist are both permabanned for less.
18 Aug 2016, 02:22 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Prepare for "hurr durr we are not the Twitch police"
18 Aug 2016, 02:29 AM

[...]There will always be haters (especially when they feel strong on the internet). I kinda feel you got the wrong attitude towards this kind of behaviour, raging in general (as I've seen a couple of clips popping out lately of you). Trolls will take advantage of that behaviour. If you let them, you just give them the satisfaction and attention they want.

+1
You look cool on stream wada, don't feed the troll and behave like the dream californian guy we all wanna be.
And dont forget, tournament money coming... mind games... dunno, just an hypothesis.

Its just a game after all...
Or are you member of the trolling gang ?
18 Aug 2016, 02:36 AM

this is a troll thread, right?
18 Aug 2016, 02:39 AM

As much as I have to agree with that statement I think punishment for these two is long due.

Well said, mate.

One can feel ok and cheer oneself up doesn't mean the perpetrator should go unpunished:clap:
18 Aug 2016, 02:40 AM
Donator 11

+1
Sorry Wada, just don't engage these trolls its all they want.
18 Aug 2016, 03:02 AM

I agree with you but I shouldn't have to deal with this level of harassment, especially from other top tier players. The question is do we want these people in our community. If we allow these crimes to go unpunished and if we allow them to continue in our community, it reflects poorly on us all. As I said, prominent members of our community cannot harass other prominent members.

I always believed Barton and Price would stop if they realized how deeply I feel about all this; I laid bare all of my frustration and Barton saw that as a success for him. My fatal error was believing Barton was better than he was. It pains and saddens me to admit there is no redemption for him. I gave him too many chances and he just kept pushing. He doesn't care about me or this community.
18 Aug 2016, 03:17 AM

Regardless of what someone might think of the situation or the personalities involved, I think stream sniping then harassing ANYONE about 'beating them' is a real dick move, and shows a lot about the character of those engaging in the activity, especially when they go to such lengths to be so malicious about it.

EDIT: "walking away" or "ignore it" isn't really good advice either when someone's being stream sniped constantly.
18 Aug 2016, 03:20 AM
Patrion 14

There's a difference between mindless trolling and intentional harassment - a difference both twitch and Relic have addressed in the past.
18 Aug 2016, 03:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What i don't get is what are you trying to accomplish here.

-If you want them banned from the game, for either harassing and/or multiaccounts (smurfs) you should take it to @Relic or the official forums

-If you have issues related with Twitch, well talk/contact Twitch.

Before i continue, disclaimer that i don't approve of their behaviour.

-If you want them banned from here, what should they be banned for? Have they done anything HERE that deserves that? I think the politic here is that for this type of cases Relic is the one who should step up, not coh2org. For the same reason cheat accusations are not handle here.

18 Aug 2016, 03:25 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I always believed Barton and Price would stop if they realized how deeply I feel about all this; I laid bare all of my frustration

That is the exact opposite of what you should do.
18 Aug 2016, 03:58 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Report to Relic. Maybe they'll remove these fucktards from the tourny.
18 Aug 2016, 04:03 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2016, 03:58 AMBudwise
Report to Relic. Maybe they'll remove these fucktards from the tourny.

Meh as if they would do this when they stated why they didn't him for his trolling during ESL.

"He is a well known player and banning him would hurt the scene"
18 Aug 2016, 04:06 AM

So literally, relic's excuse is "he is too famous to touch".

KEK
18 Aug 2016, 04:10 AM

I'm sorry you've had to suffer through this barbarous and cruel behaviour, particularly from people whom... in my humble opinion, should have been punished for less egregious offenses for quite some time.

I hope the situation is resolved, no one deserves that sort of treatment, hich leads me into my greater point: Wada, I say this as respectfully as possible, but your tone can be construed as... not necessarily the most likeable, when you; not to disparage your outreach, your work or your achievements, consider yourself a "prominent community member" and ask for preferential treatment.

I can understand your frustration, and your hurt. You've laid a lot of vulnerabilities out for the world to poke and pick at. That takes a courage and an openness, a humanity which isn't often seen on the internet, for which you should be commended. But rather, I'm disappointed that it had to come to that point for you to get help, that you felt that your only option was to go public and you felt the need to... draw attention to yourself, your persona, and your position in the community, in order to get help. It feels a bit, elitist and... disagreeable... but, that's an us issue, we saw similar stuff with the likes of Alex, and people turned on him. I don't wish to see more genuinely good people, valuable people, driven away and for that I am sorry.

My tone here could be understood as attacking, I hope it hasn't, perhaps I say what I do as a caution to think about what you wish to share, and in what realms. Optics, is a very powerful thing.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS