Login

russian armor

Game feels dead

23 Aug 2016, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2016, 06:25 AMUnited
Some new fucking content is what we need.

I want more maps. Just transfer some of the awesome coh maps, why not?
23 Aug 2016, 15:43 PM

Everyone knows that won't work. They did that with a map and look what happened... wait a second...
23 Aug 2016, 18:15 PM

Hey at least with mod tools and worldbuilder we can reconvert them to their former glory.
23 Aug 2016, 18:23 PM
Senior Editor Badge

coh2 so ded because OKW nerfed :(((

no more A-move panzerschreck blobs, okw so weak :(((((((

+1
23 Aug 2016, 18:26 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Maybe it's just me, but the game just seems really dead to me right now. I feel like nobody plays or there's just a lot less players and the over all experience is slowly becoming repetitive I guess?

Coh2 just doesn't seem the same or basically I just don't feel drawn into it as much anymore. Anyone else feel this way?

Ever thought of posting this on the Official Forums? You might get a answer faster from the Devs, if that is what you seek. ;)
23 Aug 2016, 19:08 PM

or take a look at the hundreds of maps in the workshop?
23 Aug 2016, 19:31 PM

This thread is so depressing :(

I had a very dreadful feeling before miragefla's patch happened. I voiced my prediction on OKW's demise when it was still a balance mod. When the patch hit, I was bitter but still decided to play the game and tried to ignore the blatant power creep of allies.

but now seeing all these replies now hit me with the bitter truth that I'd been avoiding. ded axis ded gaem.

sigh

You and me alike. I was saying that the new OKW feels a little UP and these last changes aren't the best of ideas. But then all the wise asses around here said I was wrong as they are quiet now. Anyway, I didn't play for a while, and I don't care about this game as I did. My firends quit playing long time ago. Yes, I believe it is dead.
24 Aug 2016, 02:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2016, 05:28 AMd0ggY
We could just start calling it : "Has wasted it's potential by far and it upsets a lot more people"

I have no idea why people keep on spamming "dead gaem" but are still wasting their time here. If you're convinced it's dead why not leaving it and spending your precious time on more enjoyable stuff?

Both this statements.
24 Aug 2016, 14:45 PM

Hey at least with mod tools and worldbuilder we can reconvert them to their former glory.

If you manage to get small and medium ressource points into the game :snfPeter:
24 Aug 2016, 15:05 PM

There are a whole bunch of vCoH maps converted over in the Workshop. I haven't tried all of them, and some of those I have tried have a few issues, but they are there.
24 Aug 2016, 15:14 PM

If we removed the timestamps from this thread we could play a game of 'Guess what year this thread is from!'

I remember this thread. There's been people calling the game dead for years now. Heck I remember reading that Relic was going to be shut down and everyone laid off by October of 2013.

I'm sure there's relevant issues (I'm totally not up on balance at all) that can be talked about, but "Game is dead" is an overused debating tactic. It's like starting a campaign speech with "We all know my opponent is worse than Hitler..." it might fire up people that already agree with you but it's so overused that everyone else just smiles politely and heads for the exit.
24 Aug 2016, 16:38 PM

Since the game is balanced enough to have fun, what we need is more content.

To have more content Relic need more money.

What i propose :

-Micro-transactions

Heroes units : Price : Around 1$ to 2$ each or they can also be bought using in game supply.

Mechanic of hero units :

-A hero unit can be fielded for 1.5 hour of game time, after that it must be benched for (1.5 to 3 or more) hours of in-game automatch vs player time depending on the heroes unit strength.

- Hero unit can always be used for skirmish vs cpu without restrictions, but only time in automatch vs player recharge off game units cooldown.

-A unit that trigger its cooldown in a match will automatically retreat to hq and retire from the game.

-While not in automatch, a player can voluntary trigger the cooldown of a hero unit to recharge it to full capacity.

-A maximum of 4 hero units can be slotted for a game, one for each tiers (t1,t2,t3,t4).

-Small amount of hero units should released each month after a bigger initial release.

-Nothing can alter or reduce the cooldown of a hero unit.

That should add some icing on the meta and some money into Relic's pockets.
With that, i would play a lot more for sure and gladly buy any hero units released. !

And it's not P2W !!!!!

25 Aug 2016, 00:07 AM

If you manage to get small and medium ressource points into the game :snfPeter:

My signature says I've done this...:snfQuinn:
25 Aug 2016, 00:39 AM

Game IS dead.

You just have to looking at steamchart to see this. Why ? Because Relic based all their communication on a lie. Lie about soviet theme, lie about "new&better communication with community", lie about P2W Commander (remember Windustry aka Tanya the wh*re), lie about 5 years plan, lie about "Pureshing", lie about BLOBS AND HOTFIX AND BALANCE AND 6 FCKING MONTH FOR A BALANCE PATCH EACH TIME ect ect ect ...

What we all see EVERYTIME ? "Lelic didn't even tested this game" :snfQuinn:

EVERYTHING they did was because of the money, not because they wanted to make a game better.

Absolutely, MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY FOR SEGA.

Relic, it's not only a ded gaem... it's a DEAD COMPANY. :hansGG:

Obviously we have ONLY 1 GUY for game support ... Kyle....

I hope the community will BOYCOTT DOWIII and will show LELIC that everything is paid oneday. Just go bankrupt
25 Aug 2016, 06:26 AM

Game IS dead.

I hope the community will BOYCOTT DOWIII and will show LELIC that everything is paid oneday. Just go bankrupt

I have to dissapoint you, but the player base is getting excited for DoW III.
25 Aug 2016, 12:22 PM

Why isn't there a sticky "dead game" thread where all the doom and gloom people can post since it has been a continuous topic from the first year of release?
25 Aug 2016, 13:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I have to dissapoint you, but the player base is getting excited for DoW III.

As far as I have noticed the reaction of the playerbase to DoW III is mixed at best.
25 Aug 2016, 14:29 PM

27 Aug 2016, 23:20 PM

Game has never been in a good place. It gets a lot of new players during periodic steam sales and then loses them again.

Non-withstanding the rampant balance issues (why did they do such a huge design change to OKW and then not follow up at all? ... typical relic), the game is just fundamentally broken on a technical level.

It has incredibly high input lag and slowdown in all end-game situations even on high-end computers.

So multiplayer keeps a game alive, but if it's broken ... nobody will care.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★