Login

russian armor

Remove the flamer from penals or

15 Aug 2016, 13:07 PM
Donator 11

expensive ..... Only 20 more mp than riflemen and with less reinforce cost
It's like you get better rifle man but pay 20 more mo for extra men (they both are 7 pop cap don't ask me why )
When ober were strong light vehicle did exist but I guess they had a 5t man with a pak 40 on one hand and mg 34 on the other
Now they are tier 4 cost 400 mp and are 10 popcap

I don't get how unit without main strenghts of riflemen like weapon racks, snare, smoke, nades, T0, vet3 uber recived accurancy bonusses and so on can be called a "better riflemen".

Penals also have 0.5 moving accurancy modifier while riflemen have 0.6. This is pretty important as it completely nullifies the firepower of 6th man while they are on the move, compared to riflemen 0.5 * 6 = 0.6 * 5
15 Aug 2016, 13:12 PM

I don't get how unit without main strenghts of riflemen like weapon racks, snare, smoke, nades, T0, vet3 uber recived accurancy bonusses and so on can be called a "better riflemen".
well they don't need any fuel investment to get satchel charge ,sprint ,or flamer and they may not get snare but they are better at ai and have 1 more man
Btw they get 60% more accuracy at vet 3 + 23 recived accuracy (all not counting "to the last man" which make them even stronger )
If you really need at you can build tier 2 or pick guard or even try to rush t70 (wich works well as you spend almost no fuel with tier 1)
I just think they come too early for what they do
If ober where at med HQ guess what would happen ?
15 Aug 2016, 13:16 PM
Donator 11

well they don't need any fuel investment to get satchel charge ,sprint ,or flamer and they may not get snare but they are better at ai and have 1 more man
Btw they get 60% more accuracy at vet 3 + 23 recived accuracy (all not counting "to the last man" which make them even stronger )
If you really need at you can build tier 2 or pick guard or even try to rush t70 (wich works well as you spend almost no fuel with tier 1)
I just think they come too early for what they do
If ober where at med HQ guess what would happen ?

Maybe now that t1 is actually useful its the time to equalise the cost of soviet T1 with T2?
15 Aug 2016, 13:19 PM

Maybe now that t1 is actually useful its the time to equalise the cost of soviet T1 with T2?
that's not the problem what I would like too see is ober to md HQ like penal but flamethrower and mg34 upgrade only at tier 4
15 Aug 2016, 13:20 PM
Donator 11

that's not the problem what I would like too see is ober to md HQ like penal but flamethrower and mg34 upgrade only at tier 4

Just get a sturmoffizier :D
15 Aug 2016, 13:21 PM

Just get a sturmoffizier :D
or shook troops :snfPeter::snfPeter:
15 Aug 2016, 13:24 PM
Donator 11

or shook troops :snfPeter::snfPeter:

Well, shocks are better than penals but come later. They also greatly supplement T2 builds.

Sturmoffizier though comes at the time you are talking about and does what you want plus supports your units and is cheaper. Its a good practice to learn to use what you already have before asking for buffs.
15 Aug 2016, 13:29 PM

They don't start with the sprint, I can't see how satchel is an argument here, if you got hit by it, you probably should play chess or turn based strategy games, 1 more man is completely nullified by rifle rec acc, I would argue if flamer penal is better AI then dual BAR/M1919 rifle.
15 Aug 2016, 13:29 PM

maybe i will start next topic : remove Obersodaten to T1 vs Penal battalion ? Kappa OpieOp
15 Aug 2016, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 13:29 PMKatitof

They don't start with the sprint, I can't see how satchel is an argument here, if you got hit by it, you probably should play chess or turn based strategy games, 1 more man is completely nullified by rifle rec acc, I would argue if flamer penal is better AI then dual BAR/M1919 rifle.
the resources investment is different and no 1 more man is not nullified indirect fire and tank shells say otherwise
Satchel can kill mg and mortar some time inf
I would like to see what you say about 60% more accuracy though
Btw I'm talking from the Soviet side I'm only playing with guard motor 3 penal t70 rush and unless the opponent has 2 mg to cover each other and I'm still at 1 cp is pretty easy satchel are 0.2 sec faster then mg and mortar set up time
But the real problem is the flamer you litteraly force inf out of cover where they get slaughtered by the stv
15 Aug 2016, 13:56 PM

Well, shocks are better than penals but come later. They also greatly supplement T2 builds.

Sturmoffizier though comes at the time you are talking about and does what you want plus supports your units and is cheaper. Its a good practice to learn to use what you already have before asking for buffs.
sturm officer doesn't vet and really doc unit ? Wich is wrost then ober ?
15 Aug 2016, 14:10 PM

sturm officer doesn't vet and really doc unit ? Wich is wrost then ober ?

he is just offizer ... support unit not combat units
its better he have no vet ... cuz already have 2 skill and aura that no need unlock by vet
if he is not doctrine unit i will gladly choose him everygame
what r u expect from him Kappa
15 Aug 2016, 14:23 PM

he is just offizer ... support unit not combat units
its better he have no vet ... cuz already have 2 skill and aura that no need unlock by vet
if he is not doctrine unit i will gladly choose him everygame
what r u expect from him Kappa
you missed the point we were talking about ober go med HQ without mg34
15 Aug 2016, 14:58 PM

well i just reply only about stumoffizer bro ... Kappa

but about remove Ober to Med truck and unlock MG34 upgrade by T3 is not a bad choice ... maybe it is the right thing that can fix OKW T1 struggle problem
15 Aug 2016, 15:11 PM

well i just reply only about stumoffizer bro ... Kappa

but about remove Ober to Med truck and unlock MG34 upgrade by T3 is not a bad choice ... maybe it is the right thing that can fix OKW T1 struggle problem
mybe move search light HT to tier 3 after all is pretty advanced technology
15 Aug 2016, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 13:29 PMKatitof

TI can't see how satchel is an argument here, if you got hit by it, you probably should play chess or turn based strategy games

That is more your problem if you cannot see that you won't use satchels much against mobile units. What's wrong with easily destroying bunkers, garrisons, OKW trucks? Micro's got little to do with that.
15 Aug 2016, 16:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2016, 09:45 AMwuff
Penals are over performing.

Not so long ago the consensus was that rifle companies flamer unlock on riflemen was an extremely bad idea, since riflemen are front line infantry, 5 man squads and durable.

For some reason history has repeated itself and we're back but this time with a 6 man durable front line squad with flamers.

This doesn't work.

Flamers work on support units because they're not durable and ideally need support, this isn't the case for penals and thus is broken.

soviets have plenty of cover denial and building clearing abilities.

Topic opened after losing versus me yesterday in automatch . You were playing in the north spot of Langreskaya as OKW, outplayed by M3A1 during all the game and I only did 1 penal squad. What was your strategy,Wuff? Going a P II without fuel while I was rushing for a T34-76?
15 Aug 2016, 16:17 PM

Sounds about right for the thread.
15 Aug 2016, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 16:10 PMjesulin

Topic opened after losing versus me yesterday in automatch . You were playing in the north spot of Langreskaya as OKW, outplayed by M3A1 during all the game and I only did 1 penal squad. What was your strategy,Wuff? Going a P II without fuel while I was rushing for a T34-76?

But he is somewhat correct penals and m3 are somewhat overperforming against the okw at the moment. also you did not outplay him the okw's anti lv ability suck balls compared to the ostheers 222.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight