Login

russian armor

Schwerer Flak Truck Balance ideas

PAGES (9)down
15 Aug 2016, 00:27 AM

Holy crap, I'm gone for like 3 months, and I return to see allied fanboys still crying about the shewr...

Your poll was missing a "Nerf it when you nerf Bofors AAA" option.

Also, you are forgetting that once you lose the truck you lose heavy tanks.

Hit it with Arty, mortar and some light tank destroyers.

Suchka can hit it with it's long range, and so can any other tank for that matter...
aaa
15 Aug 2016, 01:11 AM

Holy crap, I'm gone for like 3 months, and I return to see allied fanboys still crying about the shewr...

Suchka can hit it with it's long range, and so can any other tank for that matter...

2v4 hero surely knows better.
Surprisingly after you lose this truck you dont lose acces to anythung needed. Since 1 mediu,m is produced then you just wait for KT which can be supported by almost heavy com pant
15 Aug 2016, 01:14 AM

We could say the same about a maxim beating a pre-set MG-42.

Well the suppression on that gun is kinda annoying, first bullet drops squads to the ground.

I obviously didn't say Maxim is not a noob weapon :p
15 Aug 2016, 01:51 AM

So basically, most of people here complained about its AA capability. Then fix the AA capability only! Right now, OKW actually seems like how they used to be: low on resources and numbers. Most of the time, I alway see Allies medium rolls in minutes before the OKW player can even  have his first Pz4. 

If you go Med HQ then your fuel situation could be very much fine (If you don't go Flak HT) but you'll struggle to maintain your foothold and your MP situation, which is bleeding to no end due to your army composes of infantries mainly. And when the first Allies medium tank rolls in, your only form of AT would be raketens which are not the good form of frontline AT (It's suitable for ambushing tanks rather than take it on frontally like Pak40 can; but raketen is good, fix it aim time and it completely fine) and Spio's Schreck (Be honest, how many people would get this over the sweeper theseday? Too risky, unless you have another Spio squad).

If you go Mec HQ then of course, your fuel situation would be mainly spend on light vehicles. But it just doesn't easy like get Luch then tech-up. Sure you can do that but most of the time, I see people have to stay at the tier longer than it should, they'll get Puma next after the Luch or even a Stuka too, mainly to deal with superior Allies infantries and Allies medium tanks, and that would dramatically delayed the Schwerer. Unless you can play Mec HQ without buying extra Puma and Stuka then it would be fine (But I rarely go Mec so someone might give better idea)

The Schwerer in my opinion is more than just a tier building (Well basically yeah it is), it's something to help you hold ground. Just play OKW in 2v2 for example (3v3 and 4v4 are slugfest, what do you even expect!?) and you will understand the struggle. Every armour vehicles count! Every fuel drops count! You lost the Luch? Well good luck then cause if you rebuy the Luch, you delay your teching speed. Allies medium with his infantries roll in? All you have to stop them would be raketens and possibly a Puma. Good but it won't help you much late-game. That's why you need something to help you hold ground and also something to help you fight late-game: The Schwerer. Putting another side upgrade to get the Flak would starve OKW even more (That 15 fuel could be a matter of life or death since Allies can just bomb-rushed it with indirect fire) and possibly no reason to put it forwardly which make them basically dead stuck at the base sector.

Conclusion: Just reduced its AA capabiliy and that's it! The prioritize feature can be good if there is a cool down between switches. We don't want another thread about Allies complaining that all they can do against Schwerer is indirect fire (Seriously, 1 Sherman, AT gun along with horde of 3 riflemans with zooks from different directions and the Schwerer is dead!).‎
15 Aug 2016, 02:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 01:11 AMaaa

2v4 hero surely knows better.
Surprisingly after you lose this truck you dont lose acces to anythung needed. Since 1 mediu,m is produced then you just wait for KT which can be supported by almost heavy com pant

The Schwerer is 120 fuel, and if he builds it as fast as possible, he still have to wait like 280 (or 310? I can't remembered since I haven't call in that thing for ages) fuel more to call it in. Not to mention he have to build the other building Med or Mec to finish the conditions to get the King. That's a crap ton of time for you to finish him off before he can call the KT in! And if the King even got to field now, Jacksons, SU-85s and Fireflies just laugh at the KT's face! There is no point of getting the King theseday so your excuse of the King call-in is just ridiculous! Unless you sir play 3v3 and 4v4 most of the time then fine, remember to tell us that next time. In 2v2 and 1v1 however, you would be the fool of the year to wait to call the KT in and say it's gg for you!‎
aaa
15 Aug 2016, 02:16 AM

I alway see Allies medium rolls in minutes before the OKW player can even have his first Pz4. .‎

What you see is irrelevant. fact all axis mediums are significantrly cheaper to unlock than than ANY su medium. This is on top of everithing for axis is a lot cheaper lights espesialy, support weapons absoltely everithing.
15 Aug 2016, 03:08 AM

If you actually read most of my past posts you would find it very hard to call me an allied fan boy, also I mostly play Axis.
15 Aug 2016, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 02:16 AMaaa

What you see is irrelevant. fact all axis mediums are significantrly cheaper to unlock than than ANY su medium. This is on top of everithing for axis is a lot cheaper lights espesialy, support weapons absoltely everithing.

It is cheaper on papers only! In game, however, you will may have enough fuel to unlock them but will you have enough to buy them? OKW, Wehr and even Soviet are having problems to get enough MP to buy their armours due to the fact that their MP bleed like hell thanks to duel lmgs riflemans and duel brens tommies! (Soviet infantries struggle too but I rarely see them having hard time to get tanks). OKW struggle with their MP and if you don't go Med HQ, your infantries just drop like flies (The Sturm's med packs work but you are spending plenty of MU to do that, which will prevent you from using commander abilities/tank upgrades). Meanwhile, if you do go Med HQ, you can keep squad's veterancy but struggle to hold ground. Allies infantries are stronger when up-guns with lmgs/brens so you basically play defensively and results in massive MP bleed. Technically, you can have enough fuels to unlock your medium armours earlier than the Allies, but you lack MP to actually purchase the things.‎
15 Aug 2016, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 02:16 AMaaa

Lmao again, why don't you try to play the faction before you talk about it? You could open your own thread like 'Price increase needed for Axis on everything' instead of randomly flinging your feces.
15 Aug 2016, 07:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2016, 20:28 PMaaa

There is no such thing as axis side tech. Unit unlock is already so cheap that its beyond words. I was thinking that they just missed it

So the medic and repair pioneer unlocks aren't side tech? The amount of resources you lose once you lose your fragile and static med truck? I can buy a KT for that man power or a Panther and some Volks.
15 Aug 2016, 07:41 AM

So the medic and repair pioneer unlocks aren't side tech? The amount of resources you lose once you lose your fragile and static med truck? I can buy a KT for that man power or a Panther and some Volks.

UKF forward assembly is fragile.
Soviet FHQ is fragile.
USF major+ambu combo is fragile.
Wehr command+medic bunkers are fragile.

Trucks are anything but fragile.
15 Aug 2016, 07:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 07:41 AMKatitof

Soviet FHQ is fragile.

A slightly stronger breeze better not blow the thing away given how MUCH it costs...

15 fuel for truck, then whatever the buildings cost applied on top.
15 Aug 2016, 07:50 AM
Donator 11

If you actually read most of my past posts you would find it very hard to call me an allied fan boy, also I mostly play Axis.

Can you post your playercard please?
15 Aug 2016, 08:03 AM

Soviet FHQ is fragile.

Trucks are anything but fragile, sure, but you loose access to tech if you loose a truck. Everything else in your list is optional, not a necessity for the faction. Soviet FHQ is as or more durable depending on the building it's set up in, no?

Again, the more beneficial a truck placement is the more vulnerable it is usually. Major+ambu is more fragile, sure. But then again it is mobile, and a risky placement doesn't jeopardize your tech options either.
15 Aug 2016, 08:24 AM

Soviet FHQ is fragile.

None of those are 650 man power and 40 fuel when fully upgraded, well maybe except for the Soviet FHQ but nobody uses that anyway.

The med HQ is a tech building that also produces your units unlike any of the ones you mentioned.

Plus you can move the Major and Ambi, unlike any of the others.

I'm forgetting the cost of the truck itself, so 100 mp and 15 fuel on top of that, so 750 and 55 fuel in Total, any of those cost as much?
15 Aug 2016, 08:35 AM

None of those are 650 man power and 40 fuel when fully upgraded, well maybe except for the Soviet FHQ but nobody uses that anyway.

The med HQ is a tech building that also produces your units unlike any of the ones you mentioned.

Plus you can move the Major and Ambi, unlike any of the others.

Actually it's a bit more, besides losing access to your units (isg, flak HT, IR search light) and healing, replacing the entire thing would be 55 fuel and 700 MP, so pretty much irreplaceable:

truck:15/100
set up: 25/200
medics: 15/100
retreat point: 300
15 Aug 2016, 08:49 AM

leave it the way it is, right now its the only thing stopping okw from being over run
15 Aug 2016, 09:23 AM

So you are perfectly ok with an important staple of the game being ruled out for allies in half of 1v1 matches and lots of team games for something that could easily be changed wow

i am for the reason that air planes that loiter are not an important staple of the allied arsenal and second the doctrines that have loiter units generally have arty or units that can quickly clear out an okw truck.

of the 3 usf doctrines that have loiter 1 has the calliope and the mechanised doctrine has arty at his disposale that has a good chance of 1 shotting the truck. only airborne is screwed,
15 Aug 2016, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 09:23 AMZyllen

i am for the reason that air planes that loiter are not an important staple of the allied arsenal and second the doctrines that have loiter units generally have arty or units that can quickly clear out an okw truck.

of the 3 usf doctrines that have loiter 1 has the calliope and the mechanised doctrine has arty at his disposale that has a good chance of 1 shotting the truck. only airborne is screwed,

The only thing I saw consistently being shot down are the supply drops from Land Lease. IL-2s and P-47s seem to be less vulnerable to the FlakHQ, they still deliver most of their payload while under fire from it. The strafing runs from Tactical Support and such are directional, so just avoid the Flak.
15 Aug 2016, 10:09 AM

Actually it's a bit more, besides losing access to your units (isg, flak HT, IR search light) and healing, replacing the entire thing would be 55 fuel and 700 MP, so pretty much irreplaceable:

truck:15/100
set up: 25/200
medics: 15/100
retreat point: 300

Yeah sorry, since I was used to it being free I didn't factor the price of the truck it and edited in but forgot to put the Edit: thing in front of it since I'm on my phone.

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS