Login

russian armor

Panther(both factions) vs Comet

8 Sep 2016, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2016, 15:20 PMRiCE

I think at the moment the Comet is a bit too much against infantry. But overall i think T34/85 is a bigger issue. At least Comet is not so cheap.

To start with, there is the Comets main gun which is pretty effective (especially against smaller squads). The following are the extras in AI it receive:
+ upgradeable commander ability, which makes it more accurate (useful for AI aswell)
+ throwable grenade (AI ability)
+ super speed to chase down retreating units
+ compared to the panthers moving accuracy modifier it has 0.5 while the panther has 0.7 (= more accurate while moving)

Now in addition of all these, it receives these vet bonuses:
* vet1 Phosphorus shell instead of smoke
** vet2 +35 rotation (speed), +30 accuracy (more AI)
*** vet3 +30% speed, +20% acceleration, Auto nade throwing on infantry (AI ability)

I think this much AI is plain overkill against infantry. If you decrease the accuracy of the main gun it would still be good.

Anyway, i just tried to reflect to your post. I dont really want a Comet nerf, but i think Panthers 0.7 moving accuracy modifier is unfair. Better moving accuracy on tanks like T34/85 and Comet is more painful, because they chase down your retreating infantry. Panther will never chase your infantry with coaxial and hull MGs. It needs moving accuracy against vehicles.

Most of what you wrote is based on the assumption that +%accuracy improves AI performance.
This assumption is completely wrong.

For low-accuracy guns (< 10%), accuracy makes absolutely no difference vs infantry. It's only scatter that matters.

As I already explained in my post, Comets get stellar scatter at Vet0. WP-shells withstanding, they get absolutely zero improvement in their raw AI performance.

To reiterate, the reason why Vet3 Comets seem godly vs infantry is because Vet0 Comets are already godly vs infantry.

As for grenades:
- Auto-fire nades have a long timer and deal reduced damage
- Manual-firing grenades will cause the tank to remain immobile for 3 seconds, during which you are a sitting duck (btw you can't abort a grenade toss; you really -are- a sitting duck).

Thus, nerf the Vet0 gun (and WP), but give some the performance back at Vet2-Vet3.
8 Sep 2016, 15:46 PM

Most of what you wrote is based on the assumption that +%accuracy improves AI performance.
This assumption is completely wrong.

For low-accuracy guns (< 10%), accuracy makes absolutely no difference vs infantry. It's only scatter that matters.

That rather depends if the accuracy buff work for main gun or mgs only...+30 accuracy on mg is notable...
8 Sep 2016, 15:56 PM

The other thing I forgot to mention is that UKF Emergency Warspeed and OKW Combat Blitz need to be toned down, and follow the OST Blitzkrieg model:
- Medium tanks shouldn't get more than 35% speed increase
- Panthers, Heavy Tanks+ shouldn't get more than 15% speed increase

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2016, 15:46 PMMyself

That rather depends if the accuracy buff work for main gun or mgs only...+30 accuracy on mg is notable...

Accuracy (and other modifier buffs) are only applied on a per-weapon basis. The vast majority of the time (99.9% of the time*), those modifiers listed in the COH.ORG Vet guide only apply to the main gun.

I have never really checked the Vet buffs for Comet with my own eyes. However I would strongly suspect this to be also the case for the Comet.

In any case, Brit tank MGs are significantly inferior to SOV/OST/OKW. Thus, even a 30% buff wouldn't make a difference.

* The USF mortar is the sole counterexample I have ever found of this observation; each of the scatter buffs applies to all mortar weapons (autofire/barrage/smoke).
8 Sep 2016, 17:54 PM

does tank commander still gives like -20% less xp requierement for vet? atleast vetting british tanks feels so effortless.
8 Sep 2016, 17:57 PM

the more reply ... the more prove UKF so strong ... NotLikeThis
8 Sep 2016, 19:23 PM

Accuracy (and other modifier buffs) are only applied on a per-weapon basis. The vast majority of the time (99.9% of the time*), those modifiers listed in the COH.ORG Vet guide only apply to the main gun.

As far as I can remember the Puma mg was getting the same bonus damage as the main gun causing issues...
8 Sep 2016, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2016, 19:23 PMMyself

As far as I can remember the Puma mg was getting the same bonus damage as the main gun causing issues...

Well, I just went and checked for myself.

Comet accuracy bonuses indeed apply to the main gun only; just like the rest of the 99.8% of the units in the game.
8 Sep 2016, 20:17 PM

The comet is clearly overperforming vs. infantry. Its ability to snipe models at distance, its easily acquired vet 1 ability which shreds infantry through the FoW, and its immense speed/armor make it very potent. To top this off during drive-bys it may occasionally wipe a squad with a stupid nade tossed without any player input. It also requires tanks to back up to acquire support from AT units, which are often infantry based and this makes the tank have a too powerful role on the field. I like the Comet as an idea, a very powerful tank that can slug it out with Panthers and Tigers, but I don't like that it can completely nullify infantry.

The panther is a separate issue. It is powerful, but with vet. I would like to see its stats moved around so that it starts powerful and gains less power through vet, with the tradeoff that it can afford to not be great at handling infantry because its ability to deal with tanks at vet 0 is sufficient for its high cost. Direct buffs will all but ensure it will be near god-like if it acquires vet 2, which is also inappropriate.
8 Sep 2016, 21:18 PM

50 meter is really too much considering its anti-infantry capability( and I believe the tiger, pershing, and king tiger are also slighty guilty here, but they were buffed partly in respond to the comet).

the white phosphorous round also have too much range. It should be separated from the stock smoke round and get a range nerf.
8 Sep 2016, 21:18 PM

i am grateful to be an idiot forever if it can make Panther better against tank.
my idea is just need Rof buff, not buff Panther to be a little KT !!!
and anyone is being retard like u said if dive alone.
even u mention about vet ,except OKW Panther vet 4 and 5 its still be suck compare to Comet vet is far better.

Playercard please. Comets as far as I know don't really gain much if at all combat effectiveness from vet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I only know of the white phosphorous shell and grenade thrown from the tank. Panther on the other hand... gets more hp, more accuracy and others from Vet. Comet has 170 pen? Panther has like 220? Panther will eat Comets all day long bro.
8 Sep 2016, 21:22 PM

i cant remember the panther to regularly oneshot units like the comet does.

Thank you for already stating what I already stated in my post. Doesn't change the fact that the 3 MGs still kill really well if you actually use it.
8 Sep 2016, 21:33 PM

I do believe comet need a price increase or som nerf to main gun and I'm not comparing it to panther in coparing it to t34/85 for 55 more fu and 120 more mp you get 10 more range ,60 more pen,same reload ,a bit worse hmg,less scatter,more speed and rotation rate ,almost double overall armor,smoke and nade,awesome vet ,tank commander
All this while is not doctrinal and cost the same tier to unlock (195fu)
And the t34/85 is doctrinal and considered the most cost efficient tank
Now you see the problem

Lol, why are you comparing UKF to SOV? I don't see you comparing that UKF has no rocket artillery or reliable artillery other than a stationary mortar pit. I also don't see you mentioning they have no mobile snaring infantry unless you want to go vet a sniper. it's like, why don't i get a stronger 222 instead of a m20 because I paid more for it? 222=215,15 m20=340,20
8 Sep 2016, 23:18 PM

Lol, why are you comparing UKF to SOV? I don't see you comparing that UKF has no rocket artillery or reliable artillery other than a stationary mortar pit. I also don't see you mentioning they have no mobile snaring infantry unless you want to go vet a sniper. it's like, why don't i get a stronger 222 instead of a m20 because I paid more for it? 222=215,15 m20=340,20
am i comparing su to ukf ? I'm just comparing 2 tank it doesn't have to be panther to show how strong is the comet after all t 34/85 has similar role and ukf can get snare in commander , the 222 is another issue has it need the mun upgrade back but only after fixing usf and lmg problem currently the only ost strat is sniper + 222 everything else just lose (btw m20 has more utility like mine smoke and zook it's not meta only cause Lelic is crap at balancing)
9 Sep 2016, 03:18 AM

It doesn't really matter what other faction you try to match the current panther against, it just doesn't trade cost efficient in either ai or at department towards Comets, multiple cromwells, T34/85s, Pershings.... It just does not fit in the game the way it performs atm
9 Sep 2016, 06:14 AM

Comet loses to the Panther the majority of times (1v1 engagements no other factors, stat wise) But the comet makes up for it too well with its AI capacity.

It needs a fuel increase or a debuff against infantry. Ideally, make it the same as the panther against infantry and leave the cromwell to do the AI stuff.

I know it requires 50 fuel to unlock but with that you get free war speed, gammon bomb unlock and vehicle tracking, on top of the comet so the price justifies itself even without the comet coming with it.
9 Sep 2016, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2016, 06:14 AMLatch
Comet loses to the Panther the majority of times (1v1 engagements no other factors, stat wise) But the comet makes up for it too well with its AI capacity.

It needs a fuel increase or a debuff against infantry. Ideally, make it the same as the panther against infantry and leave the cromwell to do the AI stuff.

I know it requires 50 fuel to unlock but with that you get free war speed, gammon bomb unlock and vehicle tracking, on top of the comet so the price justifies itself even without the comet coming with it.
actually tech cost is the same for panther and comet and btw comet absolutely win if it stay at range as panther can't shoot back
9 Sep 2016, 08:04 AM

the issue is: if u want to hunt a tank with a panther...forgett it..most tanks are faster, and a panther cant hit anythink if its drive...it will shoot 70% of its shots into the ground...

the comet is way stronger in a real game..not a in unrealsitic static panther vs comet theater
9 Sep 2016, 08:21 AM

Why would you build a panther when you can have 3 stugs
9 Sep 2016, 09:55 AM

Why would you build a panther when you can have 3 stugs

thats the point: panther is useless in it current state.

jagdoanzer4 > panther
stug > panther

would the panther a better anit infantery capability...like the comet..it would a reason to build.

But..its noch effecitive as tankhunter.

9 Sep 2016, 10:58 AM

Comet is fine leave it alone just panther needs some tweaks and thats it but honestly i dont know why people think panter is garbage, panther vet2 make it immortal yeah right but vet3 comet got free nades wow so awesome
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★