Login

russian armor

Panther(both factions) vs Comet

10 Aug 2016, 12:05 PM

All faction need spend a lot of resource to research late tech for build premium medium tanks.
For allies premium mediums Must be spam for stand a chance against Axis armor in late game but not for Axis Panther.
Because all allies premium medium tank is worth for deal with infantry and tanks but Panther only worth for beat tanks.

well we cant directly compare Panther vs EZ8, T-34/85 because both of them are doctrine units.
Compare Panther vs Comet might be a well position because both of them are non-doctrine units.
Comet is really good and worth to spam more 2 or 3, panther is only good against tank even they are almost the same price.

But the real problem is ... i don't think Panther is not good enough for his job ... really hard to beat allies tanks .. and always got outnumber by allies mediums ... Rate of Fire is like ... maybe loader need go to toilet before loading next round.

I think just buff RoF should make Panther serve the role "the medium tank that expert in tank battle" more than the current is .
10 Aug 2016, 12:08 PM

All faction need spend a lot of resource to research late tech for build premium medium tanks.
But for allies premium mediums Must be spam for stand a chance against Axis armor in late game but not for Axis Panther.
Because all allies premium medium tank is worth for deal with infantry and tanks but Panther only worth for beat tanks.

well we cant directly compare Panther vs EZ8, T-34/85 because both of them are doctrine units.
Compare Panther vs Comet might be a well position because both of them are non-doctrine units.
Comet is really good and worth to spam more 2 or 3, panther is only good against tank even they are almost the same price.

But the real problem is ... i don't think Panther is not good enough for his job ... really hard to beat allies tanks .. and always got outnumber by allies mediums ... and Rate of Fire is like ... maybe loader need go to toilet before loading next round.

I think just buff RoF should make Panther serve the role "the medium thank that expert in tank battle" more than the current is .
rate of fire is ok maybe a sec less but it needs to have 0.75 accuracy on the move
10 Aug 2016, 12:32 PM

320 armor + medium tank mobility, what exactly you don't like? Panther don't kills infantry with main gun? Ost have brumbarr and panzerwerfer for this.
10 Aug 2016, 12:34 PM

welcome to the site....
10 Aug 2016, 12:35 PM

All allies PREMIUM medium tanks? I know only Comet, if we speak about non-doctrinal premium medium tanks. USSR's stock medium ends with T-34-76, USF's - with M4A3. Unlike Axis, which both have non-doc almostheavy tank.

Comet has it's own problems. Pretty random accuracy at long range, specially at infantry targets is worst my problem with that. But... Comet comes very late, costs a lot (if we adding upgrade price), so... I would say it performs fine, not too powerful, not too weak. Yet, I don't like that UKF design allows to UKF have both top of the line infantry, tanks, snipers, defenses... But, that's design issue, that's for another discussion.

If we speak about allies doctrinal premium tanks - I wouldn't say, that they are better than panther, or even equial with it. Panther has higher than some heavy tanks frontal armor, it has very high speed, it has gun with nice combat stats and range of fire... And it has also a lot of MGs in hull, turret and on turret, so - it may be also used as more or less fine AI. And don't forget - Panther is undoctrinal.

T-34-85 and E8 are doctrinal, from other side, they are more universal, I agree. But... as AT, Panther beats them all.

And Panther is actually very good AT tank, even if it stands against enemy medium spam. You don't actually have to counter enemy tanks ONLY with panthers, you also have good AT guns, you may use doctrinal AT units (Personally, I like to snipe enemy tanks with PaK 43 or JT :D ), you may also use mines, which can stop even worst spam, you may also use AT infantry... Look at combined AT power of Axis in general.

So, I think, that current state of buisness is fine. Panther is pretty nice tank, specially in right hands (that's why I never use it at all), Comet is also nice tank, which I would actually compare not with Panther, but with Tiger, cos it really reminds me non-doc british Tiger 1. Do UKF deserve to have such tank with all their power - big question for me, but not for that thread, all other allies medium top-tanks are also fine. They are obviously not more powerful, than Panther, which counters them fine and I wouldn't say, that skilled axis player would lose to that spam.

10 Aug 2016, 13:44 PM

Comet OP for regular main line tank

Very universal
10 Aug 2016, 13:57 PM

The Ostheer Panther is shit. Deal with it.

Neither is it good as a damage sponge nor as a damage dealer nor does it arrive early enough to make a difference. It´s an absolute and utter failure filling a role that isn´t needed in the game.

StuGs and Pak walls win you games. The Ostheer Panther does not.

1. Facing Medium tanks? - Panther sucks because of the low rate of fire. Also it´s going to be outnumbered.

2. Facing Infantry? - Panther sucks.

3. Trying to absorb fire? - Panther sucks as it has a mediums health pool. The armor is penetrated on a regular basis by everything but the cheapest mediums (Crommwell, Sherman, T-34/76).

4. Trying to fight off heavies? - Panther is meh. Heavies aren´t around often. And then two StuGs will beat any IS-2 for cost. The Churchill variants are designed to easily withstand the Panther with a high health pool that laughs at the Panther and its slow rate of fire.

--> The Panther needs a total redesign imo. The least that could be done is giving the Ostheer one the OKW stats since it arrives later, yet performs worse.
10 Aug 2016, 14:17 PM

Yeah OH Panther is shite but OKW is borderline OP with vet and how early it arrives. The only redeeming feature of OH Panther is that you can either stick a scope on it, hull-down or stick a Command P4 behind it. Also smoke, without extra goodies from doctrines OKW one is better in every way. Esepcially if you can get Command Panther + other AT, Allied tanks just melted.
10 Aug 2016, 15:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

The Comet flat out embarrasses axis armor save for maybe a Tiger or KT which cost 100+ fuel more.
10 Aug 2016, 15:13 PM

Oh god this topic again. Videos were made about 8 months ago on another thread. Panther will beat comet like 9/10 times. Panther has 3 mgs and can kill infantry just as fast as comet does. It just doesn't do 1 hit kills with main gun.
10 Aug 2016, 15:58 PM

In 3v3 and 4v4, Panther is just great. However in 2v2, going Panther would basically a waste of resources. The RoF is its downfall, too slow to reliably defeated enemy tanks without charging dangerously into the back of their line and most of the time, it would just dead! I would rather go Pz4 + Jadgpanzer combo than the Panther.

But I must say, Panther (OKW one) doesn't need any changes right now. I mean, if we buff its RoF, it would be unstoppable in 3v3 and 4v4. At least that's my opinion.
10 Aug 2016, 15:59 PM

Oh god this topic again. Videos were made about 8 months ago on another thread. Panther will beat comet like 9/10 times. Panther has 3 mgs and can kill infantry just as fast as comet does. It just doesn't do 1 hit kills with main gun.
ahahaah more like 2/3 of the time (btw comet is generalist ,pather is a tank hunter the fact that it lose at from front is already a problem )
and no the panther doesn't kill inf like comet dat test was biased in no cover (urealist) some one made a video in green and yellow cover comet win by a mile cause spacing and cover bonus means nothing to tank shell
10 Aug 2016, 20:15 PM

Comet is not doctrinal but it gets locked out if you go Anvil so you might not always meet it when playing against a Brit player, I've seen a lot of Anvil played recently and the Churchill getting more use after it's resource decrease so yeah.

For a more generalist tank that costs a bit more than both Wehr and OKW Panther I THINK it's ok, and again, may be locked out, unlike both of the Panthers, which you can get as long as you tech up to the last tier.

But yeah if not for the OKW Panther I can agree on the Wehr one needing some special treatment in the buff department cause it's lacking all around, I haven't tried spamming StuGs in it's place YET but I might as well next time I played Wehr, in a few years, lol.
10 Aug 2016, 21:14 PM

... Rate of Fire is like ... maybe loader need go to toilet before loading next round

:clap: top f'in kek. :clap:
10 Aug 2016, 21:44 PM

Comets are op af.

And they cheat at getting vet.
10 Aug 2016, 22:20 PM

I rarely build a comet. I rather have 3 Cromwell's than a comet. Add in a 6 pounder and you can fight anything.

If anything is over performing, it is the absurdly cheap and easy to rush for Cromwell with insane crush and stats that somehow rape Panzer IVs and DanegeschutZ 3s
10 Aug 2016, 23:08 PM

This isn't a good argument per say to make. I understand where you are coming from but the game also uses commander to augment units on the field.

The panther through different commander has access to amazing abilities.

Blizkeieg to drive faster than planes can fly to get into or out anything what so ever.

German magic pixy dust to make your panther disappear (german defensive smoke) and combined that with blitz...if you lose a panther you're doing something wrong.

If you put it on your panther or not or the 222, "map hack" abilties to spot the whole map with spotting scopes.

OKW gets the APCR shells to pen anything, more damage and longer range.

Command Panther gets mark target (50%), speed and sight range.

By itself as amazing armor that bounces shots all day from allied tanks and speed any real and decent HP and gun range.

It also has great vet, esp vet 2 with armor.

I feel the Panther is in a really good spot right now, yes it doesnt kill infantry with its gun like the comet does but it performs more that ok in its anti armor role plus with its disgusting speed you can just crush those allied boyz.
11 Aug 2016, 00:47 AM

This isn't a good argument per say to make. I understand where you are coming from but the game also uses commander to augment units on the field.

The panther through different commander has access to amazing abilities.

Blizkeieg to drive faster than planes can fly to get into or out anything what so ever.

German magic pixy dust to make your panther disappear (german defensive smoke) and combined that with blitz...if you lose a panther you're doing something wrong.

If you put it on your panther or not or the 222, "map hack" abilties to spot the whole map with spotting scopes.

OKW gets the APCR shells to pen anything, more damage and longer range.

Command Panther gets mark target (50%), speed and sight range.

By itself as amazing armor that bounces shots all day from allied tanks and speed any real and decent HP and gun range.

It also has great vet, esp vet 2 with armor.

I feel the Panther is in a really good spot right now, yes it doesnt kill infantry with its gun like the comet does but it performs more that ok in its anti armor role plus with its disgusting speed you can just crush those allied boyz.
I think op is comparing ost panther and comet
Blitzcrieg < Brits speed hack and is free (don't need vet 1)
Smoke is on commander while comet get it from the get to go and is even ranged + at vet 1 become phosphorus and kill inf
Comet still has 0.75 accuracy on the move
11 Aug 2016, 08:48 AM

reduce the comet' range to 40 meters and its prices to 490mp 175 fuel.

multiple comet is extremely hard to take down to its range. The panther might have the same range, but the main gun is poor against infantry.

this is tangentially related, but the Firefly needs a price decrease. It's a lot better after the reload buff, but it's still too expensive for 440 155 fuel.

most british player rush to the comet or croc ASAP, because every other tank is kind of meh or crap. Cromwell have short live expectancy after the size nerf, Firefly is still too expensive, and the anvil churchill is still crap.
11 Aug 2016, 08:58 AM

Comet a little bit too good for its price. Good range, good pen, fast, good AI and AT. 185 fuel maybe is not enough. 200 fuel like an okw panther could be appropriate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★