Login

russian armor

(Mr.Smith's) Quality of Life mod

8 Nov 2016, 18:27 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

What if I could find which entities the Stamp spawns and then invoke a /delete critical on these entities the moment they spawn?

I can very likely do this for the spawned MGs. However, I am not sure what the names of the donut wall sections are. Any help?

I would have to take a long long look in the worldbuilder, and throw multiple crashes find potentially nothing, BUT I have today off. So inbetween casting games and stuff for youtube, I'll look for the individual entities for the bases. Are you able to find UKF at all or no?
8 Nov 2016, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2016, 18:27 PMTric

I would have to take a long long look in the worldbuilder, and throw multiple crashes find potentially nothing, BUT I have today off. So inbetween casting games and stuff for youtube, I'll look for the individual entities for the bases. Are you able to find UKF at all or no?

The UKF one probably doesn't matter at all. I don't think anybody ever complained that the UKF base is too clustered. It's the USF one that's a huge pain.

On a related note, regarding the terrain deformation of those bases: it is visible through the fog of war.

Like, you can tell from looking at the fog of war where is the USF base, where is the UKF base and where is the OKW base. Is there a way to completely disable FoW-visible stuff?

Here's an idea to make anti-emplacement play easier: (kudos to Planetsmasher)

- Make the emplacements able to be abandoned. The crew shouldn't be easily hit by direct fire, i.e. small arms, tank cannons, AT guns, but they should be very vulnerable to explosives dropping directly on their heads (artillery, airstrikes) or incendiary munitions, but the emplacement (and the gun) itself would require much more punishment to be destroyed.

- To counteract this, allow British emplacement crews to be able to "De-crew" their emplacement, much like USF vehicle crews can "Bail Out" of their tank. The idea is, that when you come under artillery fire or air attack, you decrew your emplacement, and afterwards, you hop the crew back into the emplacement, and repair the emplacement with your Royal Engineers.

- Also, to avoid "The Joys of Overpopulation," make "Heavy Weapon Crews" take up a large amount of population cap. They could have just 3 men, yet cost 9 population. Also make them as durable as USF vehicle crews (very squishy).

- To make capturing (stealing) British emplacements viable, allow every other faction to do the same thing.

The way I thought of making mortar pit balanced is making it spawn with 1 mortar initially (you can buy extra ones), and allow the mortars to ungarrison. The ungarrisoned mortars will behave somewhere around the same power level as the soviet mortar.

While the mortars are garrisoned in the emplacement they will gain a range boost to their barrage.

And that's about it. No need for brace; no need for anything.
8 Nov 2016, 18:37 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The UKF one probably doesn't matter at all. I don't think anybody ever complained that the UKF base is too clustered. It's the USF one that's a huge pain.

On a related note, regarding the terrain deformation of those bases: it is visible through the fog of war.

Like, you can tell from looking at the fog of war where is the USF base, where is the UKF base and where is the OKW base. Is there a way to completely disable FoW-visible stuff?

The reason for that is again tied to the stamps, since the old the height, and for some reason they needed to drop all the objects 2-3m in the ground. As far as I know there is no way to disable it without just removing the height difference. At least in my knowledge of the worldbuilder, now a mod might be able to do that... but I have no idea where you would have to start... that sounds like janne territory to me.
1 Dec 2016, 07:51 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

This ability has been talked about a lot, thousands of posts.
When you take back the mod consider these changes:

WER Smoke

-Free cost (0 munitions)
-Reload hability with pios (as Royal Eng with Emergency War Brits)

Or perhaps improve the quality of life of the Winter Mod.
20 Dec 2016, 14:25 PM

To Prioritise vehicle now only affects the main gun.

Do you have to make a file for each tank and specify the tanks gun?
Because null just blankets the whole unit.
Can't it just be set to HardPoint_01?
I'd like to make Prioritize Armor work the same, but not if I have to make an ability for each one.
20 Dec 2016, 14:30 PM

To Prioritise vehicle now only affects the main gun.

Do you have to make a file for each tank and specify the tanks gun?
Because null just blankets the whole unit.
Can't it just be set to HardPoint_01?
I'd like to make Prioritize Armor work the same, but not if I have to make an ability for each one.

Every faction has their own "hold fire" ability. For each faction, I have added a separate change-targetting-thing (I can't remember the name off the top of my head) to every possible tank weapon. This list includes all vetted weapons (e.g., luchs) or shell-change weapons (e.g., HE shells).

In theory it sounds horrible/too much effort. In practice, there are only 10-or-so different tank weapons per faction. If you aren't in a hurry to code this by yourself, this prioritise vehicle fix is part of WBP. This means it will become available to the live game whenever the patch goes live (around February?)

You can download the files and see for yourself, here:
https://github.com/smithereenscoh2/qol_mod

If you want to do it by yourself, from scratch, put up each faction's roster, and every time you see a vehicle, just look up its guns: http://stat.coh2.hu/wm.php
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS