Login

russian armor

[2v2] I wasted opportunity, did I?

9 Aug 2016, 02:40 AM

I think I did quite well early to early-mid game stage. I repeled the Brit player's great assault (Around 20-minute mark) and hold my ground fairly well, I guess. However, after that, when it came to armour stage, I just started falling down rapidly. Many mistakes were made that eventually costed me the game. I basically wasted my early game advantage and probably a golden opportunity at 20-minute mark.

I think the main reasons that costed me the game were my late game build order and me being too defensive, I guess? I also think my commander choice was a bad idea. But then what should I have done differently (Especially late game)?

P/S: I'm Royal Weapon (OKW) in the replay and also, I hope the video is qualified (It's about 50-minute long but I really need help with my late game management)
13 Aug 2016, 21:02 PM

Hi William, I will take a look at this in just a bit. Sorry for the slow replay.
13 Aug 2016, 22:09 PM

Overall

You correctly asked yourself, what is my build order? I agree with this, what is your build order. I don't mind you opening with the volks and a rakenten, but you get a second rakenten after you already have shreks on the sturms, what is the point of that?

You invest extremely heavily in ISGs which you never move to the middle of the map to help shell your opponent and your teammates.

You lose a lot of squads throughout which becomes very costly.

Your play is far too passive. Get aggressive push forward spread out, constant pressure.

Most importantly, you are overly focused on a single objective and fail to try to out think your opponent. What does this mean? Take for instance your insistence on attacking an MG position over and over again. At no point did you have to. You could easily have flanked around and ignored it. The MG just provided him cover as he tried to cap the vp, but pushing around his flanks would force it out of place and bring it to fight where you want it.

Specific
Squad preservation, squad preservation, squad preservation. You lost too many squads to nades or late retreats, especially with OKW it is key they make it back alive. This was especially true of your SPs with their shrek.

You lost the Kubel right off the bat for no reason. There is never a good reason to engage an MG in a building with Kubel. It has minimal impact and is very vulnerable to the vickers high damage output. It also gives vet to the vickers which you want to avoid for as long as possible.

You need minesweepers, preferably before you hit your first mine, but definitely after the 10 minute mark.

You send tanks out alone too often, especially when you know there are mines. These are really support units that don't die to infantry, they bleed them, but they need to be supported at all times.

You had the Brit player down to 3 squads at one point because of his poor play, and you did not capture one point in all the time it took him to come back. You need to get a feel for your opponent when he is on the ropes really start to hurt his income.

You ran away from the Brit base artillery numerous times, when it did land it killed one model. Brit base artillery is at best a deterant, not a real threat. Walk past it and keep on fighting.

If you go panther because of tank spam keep it close to a rakenten, it is too valuable to lose to a flank.

You could have had Spec Ops and a CmdPanther as soon as you unlocked it, since you had the resources and the fuel, MT his firefly and watch them burn. Each one not only costs fuel and MP but you use up all his munitions too. Just keep your tanks on the move.

Remember to salvage, there was lots of stuff lying around that would have made your life better.

Always, always, always steal a vickers as OKW. If you get vet 1 good luck to the Brit.

Don't buy ISGs unless you have a plan to sit still and fight it out (emplacement spam). Otherwise forgo the ISG and get more units. Feel free to get one, but you had almost 700 mp that game get ~10 kills. That ratio is not good enough to win.

Don't pass up gifts. MGs on the ground, mortars, abandoned vehicles, etc. take them.

Plant mines. You should be regularly planting mines to make it hard for him to push deeply into your lines. Planting them well behind where a minesweeper can go will make sure that tank that pushes too far will die.

Use the tactical map often.

Don't become overly fixated on a point. Think about the larger goal, draining your opponent of VPs, and your short term goal, getting tech faster. Figure out how to do these, don't say you have to kill that MG unless not killing it prevents you from winning the game right now. Cap around, force movement, set up ambushes.

Those are my suggestions for now. You are developing as a COH2 player and I think if you spend some time you will find that you can get much better very quickly.
14 Aug 2016, 04:02 AM

Thank you for reviewing my replay! I'm trying to be more aggressive with my play style now and by far, it's paying off! Thanks for all the tips, I appreciated your corrections
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★