Login

russian armor

has RELIC given up on COH2-DOW3 has been announced ?

13 Aug 2016, 16:05 PM

I think you're relatively new to COH scene so I'll fill you in. This was exactly the attitude everyone had going back to the pre-release and beta days. Community members even helped Relic find leaked gameplay videos on youtube to get taken down just to be nice and build bridges. Relic proceeds to shit on said community by disregarding what most the top players were saying about balance and mechanics, milking DLC after having said they would not, their Toxicity™ thread here, and so on.

This is not how I remember things. The shitposting started long before release, during beta, because some could not - and still have not - come to terms with the fact that vCoH was no longer being supported and extended. On top of that, there was plenty of this bad blood and Relic-hate, for reasons just as silly and spurious, from the VCoH days anyway.

So no, this idyllic pre-lapsarian paradise of community involvement is, I think, a complete fiction, a figment of your imagination. Or indeed, of self-justification.
13 Aug 2016, 16:43 PM

The efforts leading up to 2.602 and then up until beta were very optimistic and involved. I remember that energy without the aid of rose tinted glasses. But one thing I know though is that this was not well broadcast or made public outside of gamereplays. And that has not helped at all. People aren't wrong for feeling snubbed and nor are people wrong for not knowing about any of the dealings before coh2 release.
13 Aug 2016, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2016, 16:05 PMsquippy

This is not how I remember things. The shitposting started long before release, during beta, because some could not - and still have not - come to terms with the fact that vCoH was no longer being supported and extended. On top of that, there was plenty of this bad blood and Relic-hate, for reasons just as silly and spurious, from the VCoH days anyway.

So no, this idyllic pre-lapsarian paradise of community involvement is, I think, a complete fiction, a figment of your imagination. Or indeed, of self-justification.

Well you thought wrong. The reality is you just weren't involved in it. How many Relic devs have you had come join your own teamspeak/vent server? My money is on zero. Reborn has had on PQ, Pierro, Eagleheart, and if you include SNF interviews then Tribalbob and Quinn Duffy. Just because some guys on the fringe were salty all along does not represent the community as a whole (particularly the original content producers and staff).
13 Aug 2016, 21:29 PM
Patrion 14

Well you thought wrong. The reality is you just weren't involved in it. How many Relic devs have you had come join your own teamspeak/vent server? My money is on zero. Reborn has had on PQ, Pierro, Eagleheart, and if you include SNF interviews then Tribalbob and Quinn Duffy. Just because some guys on the fringe were salty all along does not represent the community as a whole (particularly the original content producers and staff).

you mean some of the same original content producers and/or staff that called Relic a shitty little company back in the day right?
13 Aug 2016, 21:37 PM

Permanently Banned

you mean some of the same original content producers and/or staff that called Relic a shitty little company back in the day right?

critical hit! -> ship sunk
16 Aug 2016, 10:07 AM

Well you thought wrong. The reality is you just weren't involved in it. How many Relic devs have you had come join your own teamspeak/vent server? My money is on zero.

This is special pleading cobblers; I made no claims to special insight, only that the quite open and easy-to-sea carping has always been present. I don;t need to rub shoulders "with insiders", learn their secret handshakes, or roll up one trouser leg to do that.

Just because some guys on the fringe were salty all along does not represent the community as a whole (particularly the original content producers and staff).

Nobody represents the community as a whole. Obviously. However, you're clearly admitting that I am correct, that there was "salt" all along. Whether or not this "represents the community" is neither here nor there.
16 Aug 2016, 12:41 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

I for one am glad DOW III will replace CoH2.

+1 :)
16 Aug 2016, 13:18 PM

Constant beam lascannons were recently replaced with automatic fire lascannons.
Lascannons by lore is slow firing, charge up weapon.

Gabe Angelos jumps in a terminatr armor, last time I've checked, he wasn't a primarch.

I'm waiting for DoW3, but my concerns arise each time they release new clips.
16 Aug 2016, 20:08 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2016, 13:18 PMKatitof

Constant beam lascannons were recently replaced with automatic fire lascannons.
Lascannons by lore is slow firing, charge up weapon.

Gabe Angelos jumps in a terminatr armor, last time I've checked, he wasn't a primarch.

I'm waiting for DoW3, but my concerns arise each time they release new clips.

Last I checked he has robot legs, sooooo if they wanna make him jump, whatever.

They change how weapons fire each game. Great thing about 40k is that the universe is so vast as to be purposely vague about what exactly can be in it.
17 Aug 2016, 20:48 PM
Donator 11

18 Aug 2016, 12:51 PM

Edit for readability.

It was perfectly readable before you decided to space someone else's text up. Plenty of books have thicker texts, and they are perfectly readable too.

It won't. People will probably play both, so long DoW3 turns out good enough.
18 Aug 2016, 13:18 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It was perfectly readable before you decided to space someone else's text up. Plenty of books have thicker texts, and they are perfectly readable too.

It won't. People will probably play both, so long DoW3 turns out good enough.

I'm pretty sure that a lot people from here won't play it. Although, DoW Franchise is more mainstream consumer targeted than coh2, so might end up with more people buying it. I also saw a TV advertisment already of it
18 Aug 2016, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2016, 13:18 PMd0ggY

I'm pretty sure that a lot people from here won't play it. Although, DoW Franchise is more mainstream consumer targeted than coh2, so might end up with more people buying it. I also saw a TV advertisment already of it

Well I know I was all stoked about the thought about DoW3 since I loved DoW2, but when I saw it I just feel meh. Why did the Spacemarines suddenly have skinny legs in the trailer with the storm? Obviously not due to mistake but concious developer choice. So the developers chose to stray from universe to fit what they must think is more appealing to the masses. Very nice ehehee. Not. Fuck that shit, here we go again. I will still check it out and hope it will be good, I just don't expect it to be anymore.
18 Aug 2016, 13:40 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Well I know I was all stoked about the thought about DoW3 since I loved DoW2, but when I saw it I just feel meh. Why did the Spacemarines suddenly have skinny legs in the trailer with the storm? Obviously not due to mistake but concious developer choice. So the developers chose to stray from universe to fit what they must think is more appealing to the masses. Very nice ehehee. Not. Fuck that shit, here we go again. I will still check it out and hope it will be good, I just don't expect it to be anymore.

I don't really like the Dawn of War franchise myself, just not my game. But it's obvious, cause lasers are cool :D
18 Aug 2016, 13:49 PM

I'm still holding out for the Imperial Japanese Army faction as the final Axis faction. What Relic says and does are two completely different things. For example, Relic said coh2 would be focusing on the Eastern Front, since coh1 was about the Western Front :romeoHairDay: Relic also said the USF wouldn't get a Pershing :romeoHairDay:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★