Login

russian armor

Invites for Relic tourney

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
9 Aug 2016, 02:59 AM

Don't get what all the hub bub in the thread is.

The 16 highest scoring ESL players got invites, don't know what else people were expecting. There's no favoritism like some are believing, it's a merit based system.

I'll be playing even though I'm out of town on the first day (so I'll have to play at sub 30 fps on a tablet...).

For the record I have been playing for the past few weeks, only took a break from coh 2 for June and most of July.

Edit: wait where's Paulas invite? The fuck happened there
9 Aug 2016, 03:12 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Paula is an ass and we will not be working with him again
9 Aug 2016, 03:22 AM
Donator 22

Considering how Kyle reacted to Paul, I dont see him being invited to this tourney :sibDZ:
https://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/v/81566989?t=44m16s
9 Aug 2016, 03:59 AM

"Paula if I find you in there, I might just kick you right out. hehe."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
9 Aug 2016, 04:28 AM
Donator 11

sorry but who the fucks are the: 8,11,13,15,16 and 1,3,4,6 from waitlist in no specific order? At least they made it fair to put DevM in waitlist. Hope he cant come so atleast you will have a chance lol.

You don't know Red Wings, Talisman and Assbag?
9 Aug 2016, 04:29 AM
Patrion 14

Well, I've made it out of CoH2 obscurity to "who is that player?". I think my life's work in this game is complete.
9 Aug 2016, 05:44 AM

Considering how Kyle reacted to Paul, I dont see him being invited to this tourney :sibDZ:
https://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/v/81566989?t=44m16s

Holy shit.

Paula's face must have been priceless
9 Aug 2016, 08:08 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I can understand, that Paula got denied. But then acutally Price and BartonPL should be as well denied, to make it fair^^

But well what ever ...
9 Aug 2016, 10:26 AM

Hahahah Paula total :hansREKT: :brad:
9 Aug 2016, 10:27 AM

Why not spending this money on a 3rd axis faction or on fixing the stupid balance issues/maps/bugs etc.

Nobody's gonna watch this tourney with such big flaws.

"Oh look! Player X made a bigger rifle blob than Player Y's Volks blob!"

"wow, that demo just 1-click wiped out 2 squads when he couldn't detect it!"

"Cheers to xxx! His sniper spam and calliope abuse just won him the game!"
9 Aug 2016, 10:39 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Don't get what all the hub bub in the thread is.

The 16 highest scoring ESL players got invites, don't know what else people were expecting. There's no favoritism like some are believing, it's a merit based system.

Edit: wait where's Paulas invite? The fuck happened there

It is a favouritism in there, because paul didnt get the invite he should have.

Which is sad. Because even though he is a special fellah, he deserves that invite. You could set clear rules that things like breaks and stuff are allowed etc, but have to be done in a anmount of time.

But Rivalry and hate belong to a "eSports"-Community , but well.

And in my opinion, EVERYONE should start at the same Stage, and not be passed through to a certain stage of a tournament.

But well, i hope it turns out to be a good thing
9 Aug 2016, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 10:39 AMd0ggY

Which is sad. Because even though he is a special fellah, he deserves that invite. You could set clear rules that things like breaks and stuff are allowed etc, but have to be done in a anmount of time.

And in my opinion, EVERYONE should start at the same Stage, and not be passed through to a certain stage of a tournament.

that's how Relic has been all that time, I don't like you personally so i'm just gonna keep you out of my stuff, like a bunch of kids.
9 Aug 2016, 11:40 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Paula is an ass and we will not be working with him again

Ofc Paulas behaviour is very embarrassing, but wait " We"?

Are you now a Staffmember from Relic?
9 Aug 2016, 11:45 AM

Ofc Paulas behaviour is very embarrassing, but wait " We"?

Are you now a Staffmember from Relic?

I think that was a parody of GabeN's infamous statement towards one of dota 2 major's casters when valve fired him.

here ya go, source of it: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/47sc46/update_from_the_shanghai_major/
9 Aug 2016, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 10:39 AMd0ggY

Agreed. Like it or not, Paul is one of the best players in the game. Momo, only confirming that 'those who we're involved in the process' or "Paula is an ass and we will not be working with him again" (WTF? who the fuck is We? You don't even hide the fact that you played a hand in making sure Paul doesn't get to play?) makes this whole tournament seem like some sort of friendship game. Its cheesy, its low ball and it makes you look like weaklings who are afraid of Paul.
9 Aug 2016, 14:29 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 13:50 PMGdot

You don't even hide the fact that you played a hand in making sure Paul doesn't get to play?) makes this whole tournament seem like some sort of friendship game. Its cheesy, its low ball and it makes you look like weaklings who are afraid of Paul.

You can't seriously believe that Relic would allow participants to veto other particpants? :S

It's most likely that Paula's awful behaviour and aggressiveness to Relic has pushed them into not being willing to offer him a place. That's certainly how it looked from Kyle. Barton & Price still remain in the tournament but they aren't nearly as bad in comparison.

Just being a good player doesn't get you auto-immunity in tournaments. If you're going to act in a certain way there are consequences. Surely you understand that?
9 Aug 2016, 14:44 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

His point is that if you're going to not invite somebody based on some kind of behavior guidelines, you should be clear about what those guidelines are. Inviting Barton and Sprice and not inviting Paul looks like an unfair double-standard.

Personally, I think Paul's performance in ESL and events before that absolutely warrants a top16 invite.
9 Aug 2016, 14:52 PM

You can't seriously believe that Relic would allow participants to veto other particpants? :S

It's most likely that Paula's awful behaviour and aggressiveness to Relic has pushed them into not being willing to offer him a place. That's certainly how it looked from Kyle. Barton & Price still remain in the tournament but they aren't nearly as bad in comparison.

Just being a good player doesn't get you auto-immunity in tournaments. If you're going to act in a certain way there are consequences. Surely you understand that?

Barton and Price made you and A_E look like fools as you casted for ESL 1v1 on langreskaya that 1000 people we're watching. If I remember you didn't seem irked but A_E certainly was and understandably so. How does this even compare to paul and momo having a rivalry?

Also knowing how closely RtN worked with Brad, coupled with momo's previous statement, I don't even think its a stretch to say something at least suspicious is going on.
9 Aug 2016, 15:04 PM

So happy to hear that, finally Relic will put their foot down and ban not only Paul, but Barton, Price and Momo from the tournament!

.......Right?
9 Aug 2016, 15:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 14:52 PMGdot

Barton and Price made you and A_E look like fools as you casted for ESL 1v1 on langreskaya that 1000 people we're watching. If I remember you didn't seem irked but A_E certainly was and understandably so. How does this even compare to paul and momo having a rivalry?

Also knowing how closely RtN worked with Brad, coupled with momo's previous statement, I don't even think its a stretch to say something at least suspicious is going on.

I know that Momo has links to Relic at least from ESL but it's quite simple, Paula is not on Relic's good books.

Barton & Price did make us look like fools, but at the same time they made us learn early on in the series that we needed to check more carefully for this kind of trolling. It was unfortunate but Barton and Price don't aggressively flame Relic to my knowledge. They are critical but in a good mannered way.

A_E was so riled up about it... it was frustrating
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight