Login

russian armor

Invites for Relic tourney

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
10 Aug 2016, 13:51 PM
Donator 11

The football example is not good though. Professional football players have careers that span 10-15 years and teams will have mostly the same players for several seasons. In Coh you can be a top player today and quit a month later. Four months seems fair to me.

Other solution is of course: no inviting, everyone qualifies.
10 Aug 2016, 13:53 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

This criteria can in fact prevent us from seing the best quality matches in the tournament that is possible otherwise if the criteria were defined in some other/better way. In other words, I am not sure if this is the best way to be sure that the best players participate in the tournament.

I only want to see that the best players play against the best.

And what stops these best players from joining the qualifiers? I get the feeling you are too focused on the invites that you forget the other half of the brackets. I personally think it's weird inviting people who may have performed well in past tourneys but haven't touched the game in months.

I'd be cool with 4 qualifiers for 8 players (to proceed) and no invites.
10 Aug 2016, 13:55 PM

Agreed, no more controversy.
10 Aug 2016, 13:56 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Paula I just want to say too, it's not my place to defame you or whatever. As I said before, I do not know the reason this has happened to you. But I can comment about what I've seen during ESL.

You know too as well you've done some raw things here in the community. I hope you can make a good light of yourself in this tournament and shake off any bad opinions of you.

PM me if you want, I wont say anything more about you here other than these things don't happen for no reason whatsoever.
10 Aug 2016, 13:57 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The problem that Relic needs to address is the lack of consistency. That Paul would not be invited based on some "etiquette issue," while other repeat perennial sour grapes are on the list, is a double-standard, plain and simple.

Using ESL as the invite standard is fine IMO, but if that was the only standard, Paul would definitely be on the list. Relic has not explained the details of why they snubbed him.
10 Aug 2016, 13:58 PM
Donator 11

I don't believe you've ever cheated. But I could see that people were having issues with your tournament etiquette.

I know that perhaps it feels like a kick in the teeth, but Relic hasn't banned you or anything like that. You still have the same ultimate opportunities as anyone else. You may even end up on a paid flight to Relic HQ lol.

But c'mon, to say that you behaved in a admirable way wasn't true was it. People genuinely believed you were stalling the 15 mins between games and just pushing limits constantly to cause problems. Relic wouldn't just feel this way towards you for no reason you know?

first. when I play round 1. I waited some player like 30-45 mins .

then. when I play someone good. I needed to use rest room.

and everyone think I am playing some tricks.

because I am a guy who hate by most of the "pro player".

another good example, when ciez asked me to reschedule the final mach on ESL. I dented , then he ask ESL admin . and ESL admin dented. someone tell the relic staff.

and after that relic staff B and K do a public speech on relic stream that.

"someone do not want to reschedule" I take it like a public shame.

now they dont invited me this time. is a public shame also. I take it.

Again. I cant not post proves here. I never did anyting to break the rules.

admin say 15mins break is fine. if not I got kicked out.

I dont know why you bargain about that 15 mins if ESL admin give me that time.

I dont have problem playing VON DUSTY in ESL.

why? because they are adult.
10 Aug 2016, 13:59 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2016, 13:53 PMluvnest
And what stops these best players from joining the qualifiers? I get the feeling you are too focused on the invites that you forget the other half of the brackets. I personally think it's weird inviting people who may have performed well in past tourneys but haven't touched the game in months.

Of course, you have a point. But there are two things involved here:
1) Those good player's that didn't got an invite. You are right that they can join the qualifiers.

2) Those players that got an invite that doesn't necessary deserve it, and in that way take the place from someone else who maybe deserves it better. By inviting people, there are always the same number of less places in the tournament. Your suggestion doesn't solve this problem.

10 Aug 2016, 14:02 PM
Donator 11

oh I forgot to say. ciez forfited in another week on esl after he knew he will meet me on 2nd round.

then ESL admin changed the rules. who ever forfited have no prize.

even if you hit final.

this is the answer for ciez's reschedule.
10 Aug 2016, 14:16 PM

Paula I just want to say too, it's not my place to defame you or whatever. As I said before, I do not know the reason this has happened to you. But I can comment about what I've seen during ESL.

You know too as well you've done some raw things here in the community. I hope you can make a good light of yourself in this tournament and shake off any bad opinions of you.

PM me if you want, I wont say anything more about you here other than these things don't happen for no reason whatsoever.

It is likely based on Paula's poor behaviour in the community in general and not limited to his tournament etiquette in the past.

Relic could pick and choose certain players for any number of reasons, and there isn't much anyone can do about it.
10 Aug 2016, 14:50 PM
Donator 11

raw things LOL

I am a simple person.

If someone did dirty work to me.

They have to pay.

Simple.

now check the proves that I PM you.
10 Aug 2016, 14:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Paula's behavior is unsatisfactory yet Barton and Price interrupted how many tournament casts by impersonating the players and trying to get their fake games casted? I remember them contemplating banning them for this at the time. Jeez Relic's memory span is sure short.
10 Aug 2016, 15:01 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2016, 14:57 PMBudwise
Paula's behavior is unsatisfactory yet Barton and Price interrupted how many tournament casts by impersonating the players and trying to get their fake games casted? I remember them contemplating banning them for this at the time. Jeez Relic's memory span is sure short.

I should be the first person to be pissed off about that, cause we looked foolish. But actually they didn't break any rules at all. It was actually admittedly our fault for not checking Steam ID's which we now do for every game out of caution. We were naive and we paid the price.

I certainly wouldn't say Barton is the most sportmanlike of players but, I can't honestly say to myself he did anything to break the ESL rules that were set out.
10 Aug 2016, 15:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

You were not the first nor likely the last Stormless.
10 Aug 2016, 15:27 PM

I still don't have a full picture on wtf happened with Krebs.

He did a bunch of stuff with COHO and then next thing I knew there were seas of HAET for him.
10 Aug 2016, 15:30 PM

I still don't have a full picture on wtf happened with Krebs.

He did a bunch of stuff with COHO and then next thing I knew there were seas of HAET for him.

Abandoning coh 2, some drama where he insulted other streamers and youtubers, and a super hilarious story that Rogers told about the Vancouver visit (which is still on vonivans channel I think) all contributed to I think.

The workout videos were just icing on the cake
10 Aug 2016, 15:50 PM

Funny how much of an indictment abandoning coh2 used to be.
10 Aug 2016, 16:04 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2016, 15:03 PMBudwise
You were not the first nor likely the last Stormless.

It still burns now... I have nightmares about it -_-
10 Aug 2016, 16:48 PM

raw things LOL

I am a simple person.

They have to pay.

Simple.

now check the proves that I PM you.

They have to pay.

And that is the kind of super high level socially isolating nerd logic that make people dislike you.

Have you ever thought about joining a cringe list?

You'll fit right in

10 Aug 2016, 17:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Sad to see Aimstrong being left out.. :(
10 Aug 2016, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2016, 17:06 PMSpanky
Sad to see Aimstrong being left out.. :(

He performed badly in ESL.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23