russian armor

Invites for Relic tourney

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
10 Aug 2016, 12:36 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Relic have already officially in writing announced

3. Krebs is casting ^_^

Krebs isn't actually casting lol. He's not been seen in this community for years

:help: :loco:
10 Aug 2016, 12:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Dusty and Momo's invites should've been given to Paula, cruzz, DevM or Aimstrong.

The way I see it, tournament invites should be given out to the best players in the coh2 community, granted they haven't cheated in past tournaments.

Hasn't Paula been done for smurfing multiple accounts before? Pretty sure the same problem was brought to attention on this forum too many times. Not only that, he acted disgracefully during ESL. Deliberately making opponents wait and breaking time rules. The amount of complaints against him from players and moderators during ESL... my word. I had access to that discussion group and it was not pretty lol. Not everyone will know that kind of thing that ESL moderators have to put up with the same way that you wouldn't have known that Jesulin was nearly disciplined in the same way for that kind of behaviour too. Why would they need to tell you?

But of course yeah, you should be able to blow like 50 chances with Relic and still get free invites just because you play the game quite well. :S
10 Aug 2016, 12:42 PM
Senior Caster Badge

:help: :loco:

You can't actua... OMG HAHAH You guys actually believe Krebs is casting CoH2 tournaments??
10 Aug 2016, 12:55 PM

You can't actua... OMG HAHAH You guys actually believe Krebs is casting CoH2 tournaments??

Don't even play with the idea. :foreveralone:

10 Aug 2016, 12:59 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Well

A) Its Relic

B) After I saw the playerlist i believe almost everything^^

C) At this time here, you should mark next time your irony very apparently :)

Yes they did. He is replacing me and Generals Gentlemen if we hit milestone 5
10 Aug 2016, 13:02 PM
Donator 11

But of course yeah, you should be able to blow like 50 chances with Relic and still get free invites just because you play the game quite well. :S

Relic can use this argument against Paula, or against someone else. But then they must have same rules for everyone, if they want to be fair, and they should explain why they didn't pick Paula, but pick for example Sprice and Barton. This can be easy to explain, if they want to do it.

But I bet that Assbag, Cruzz, DevM, Aimstrong (who have not done anything wrong) can beat some people on Relic's list, who maybe are on the list because Relic think they are "good guys". That is more difficult to explain, if Relic want the best players to participate in the tournament.
10 Aug 2016, 13:05 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Well

A) Its Relic

B) After I saw the playerlist i believe almost everything^^

C) At this time here, you should mark next time your irony very apparently :)

Haha, i'm sorry dude. I honestly thought that Krebs casting was so unbelievable that nobody was taking it seriously. And now I feel bad for leading you on.

This is the invites list that confirmed points 1 & 2 in writing though.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/08/06/war-paint-championship-invitees

If you are interested to know, it's myself and Callum from Generals Gentlemen who will be casting this fine event for you.
10 Aug 2016, 13:09 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Relic can use this argument against Paula, or against someone else. But then they must have same rules for everyone, if they want to be fair, and they should explain why they didn't pick Paula, but pick for example Sprice and Barton. This can be easy to explain, if they want to do it.

Maybe they will make a statement on it seen as it's apparently caused a commotion. I think the important thing to remember though is that Paula isn't banned from the tournament or anything serious like that. They haven't gone that far with it, he just hasn't been given a free ticket.

Maybe Barton has been given one because hey... he needs it otherwise he'll be out in the first round ;) :rofl:
10 Aug 2016, 13:14 PM

Hasn't Paula been done for smurfing multiple accounts before?

Is having alt accounts a bannable offense in tournament? You also need to specify if you're talking about his alt accounts while ranked matchmaking, or if he did sign up for OCF, ESL cups orw/e other tourney with an alt account.

Paula to my knowledge never got banned from OCF or any of the ESL cups, so why bar him from an invite for this tourney?

Pretty sure the same problem was brought to attention on this forum too many times.

Paula having a lot of alt/smurf accounts is no new revelation. Everyone and their mum knows that Paula smurfs, has many alt accounts and etc, but that isn't a good reason to not give him an invite. Paula has played in the tournaments he's signed up for with his main account, so I don't really see why Relic would decline Paula an invite since he would be playing on his main account, and he's never cheated or been disqualified from a tourney before.

Not only that, he acted disgracefully during ESL. Deliberately making opponents wait and breaking time rules.

I have no clue what went on behind scenes, so I'll trust you're being 100% honest and truthful. Yes, Paula did do some moves to stall some games, but it appears it was sorted out by the ESL admins since the games were played eventually, and since he never got DQ'ed I assume he stopped those kind of antics when the ESL admins got involved.

SO with that being said, Paula didn't conduct himself 100%, but is that a good enough reason to not invite him(Who FYI is one of the best coh2 players in the community) to a high level tournament?

If we were to go by that logic that Paula didn't get invited because he acted disgracefully, then why is Price and Barton on the invite list? Hell, you can even look at the Olympics and any other competitive sport tournament to see that a lot of athletes don't exactly conduct themselves properly 100% of the time.

Paula got warned by the ESL admins and followed the rules...that's good tournament conduct

That ship sailed there if you've seen a few of the people on the invite list

All i'm saying is that high level competitive play should be prioritised. I'm not alone in believing that Momo and Dusty have less accomplishments and are less skilled than say people like Paula, DevM, Aimstrong, cruzz, and etc.

The invites make it seem like high level competitive play is taking a backseat to people who are on good or relatively good terms with Relic.
10 Aug 2016, 13:15 PM

But I bet that Assbag, Cruzz, DevM, Aimstrong (who have not done anything wrong) can beat some people on Relic's list, who maybe are on the list because Relic think they are "good guys". That is more difficult to explain, if Relic want the best players to participate in the tournament.

Why do you have it in your head that invites were done by who ever is a good guy?

I had better results and more points at the end of the ESL series than Assbag, DevM, and Cruzz. Meritocracy. My invite was earned fair and square, and so is everyone elses on that list.

10 Aug 2016, 13:22 PM

Dusty, you are aware you played in NA ESL, right? Pretty easy to rack up NA ESL points, just saying :romeoMug:

Assbag,cruzz, DevM and etc played in EU ESL which has better and harder competition.
10 Aug 2016, 13:23 PM
Donator 11

Why do you have it in your head that invites were done by who ever is a good guy?

I had better results and more points at the end of the ESL series than Assbag, DevM, and Cruzz. Meritocracy. My invite was earned fair and square, and so is everyone elses on that list.

For example I find it strange that DevM who has won so many tournaments in the past, is not included in Relic's list. For example in football, they count the past few years, not only the past season, when they do their rankings.

This is against common sense, at least against mine.

And then it is difficult to compare European ESL and NA ESL players, because they participate in different leagues, so I don't understand for example, that you claim that your results and points are better, when you and the other guys participate in different leagues. It should be impossible to claim that, because we can't make that comparison on that ground.
10 Aug 2016, 13:33 PM
Donator 11

Hasn't Paula been done for smurfing multiple accounts before? Pretty sure the same problem was brought to attention on this forum too many times. Not only that, he acted disgracefully during ESL. Deliberately making opponents wait and breaking time rules. The amount of complaints against him from players and moderators during ESL... my word. I had access to that discussion group and it was not pretty lol. Not everyone will know that kind of thing that ESL moderators have to put up with the same way that you wouldn't have known that Jesulin was nearly disciplined in the same way for that kind of behaviour too. Why would they need to tell you?

belive or not stormless. I never did that in tourment. if you want my proves.

You can PM me on steam. I saved those poves.

As a PC player since I was 13.

I have joined count less tourney for CS SC WC SC2 COH.

And win some of it. I never cheated or I never creat problems in tourney.

In the other hand I give my opponent a chance to meet me on the ESL fairly and I beat him there.
10 Aug 2016, 13:34 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Relic's criteria is the player's performance in their latest 4 months cup series. I don't see anything wrong with that. No matter if it's NA or EU, the first 8 guys will be selected. Sounds fair to me. Besides, if you are determined and capable of playing it should't be too hard to score amongst the top 8 in one of the two qualifiers.

Btw, Paula is going to love the attention he gets in this thread :D
10 Aug 2016, 13:38 PM
Donator 11

Is having alt accounts a bannable offense in tournament? You also need to specify if you're talking about his alt accounts while ranked matchmaking, or if he did sign up for OCF, ESL cups orw/e other tourney with an alt account.

Paula to my knowledge never got banned from OCF or any of the ESL cups, so why bar him from an invite for this tourney?

Paula having a lot of alt/smurf accounts is no new revelation. Everyone and their mum knows that Paula smurfs, has many alt accounts and etc, but that isn't a good reason to not give him an invite. Paula has played in the tournaments he's signed up for with his main account, so I don't really see why Relic would decline Paula an invite since he would be playing on his main account, and he's never cheated or been disqualified from a tourney before.

I have no clue what went on behind scenes, so I'll trust you're being 100% honest and truthful. Yes, Paula did do some moves to stall some games, but it appears it was sorted out by the ESL admins since the games were played eventually, and since he never got DQ'ed I assume he stopped those kind of antics when the ESL admins got involved.

SO with that being said, Paula didn't conduct himself 100%, but is that a good enough reason to not invite him(Who FYI is one of the best coh2 players in the community) to a high level tournament?

If we were to go by that logic that Paula didn't get invited because he acted disgracefully, then why is Price and Barton on the invite list? Hell, you can even look at the Olympics and any other competitive sport tournament to see that a lot of athletes don't exactly conduct themselves properly 100% of the time.

Paula got warned by the ESL admins and followed the rules...that's good tournament conduct

That ship sailed there if you've seen a few of the people on the invite list

All i'm saying is that high level competitive play should be prioritised. I'm not alone in believing that Momo and Dusty have less accomplishments and are less skilled than say people like Paula, DevM, Aimstrong, cruzz, and etc.

The invites make it seem like high level competitive play is taking a backseat to people who are on good or relatively good terms with Relic.

I never do things stall ESL. but my opponent does. I have a lot of proves but I cant post it here because some one will ban me for that.
10 Aug 2016, 13:42 PM
Senior Caster Badge

You also need to specify if you're talking about his alt accounts while ranked matchmaking, or if he did sign up for OCF, ESL cups orw/e other tourney with an alt account.

I was just speaking about Paula's behaviour in general. I don't know the exact reasons behind this issue, but i'm just giving my general opinion of why it's most likely been the case. It is bad conduct and probably doesn't help his situation.

I have no clue what went on behind scenes, so I'll trust you're being 100% honest and truthful.

I am super honest about these things. I have nothing to lie about. Paula didn't really follow the rules at all on multiple occasions. I'm glad I didn't have to put him during NA games but it sounded like a real nightmare. You've got other top players completely frustrated because of his actions and the casters too.

ESL staff were the ones who were not keen on bans etc in general and a lot of issues did just get resolved and pushed on. I have to hand it to ESL staff how professionally they dealt with those issues as literally nobody in the community noticed at the time. But he was quite out of order to some players, Momo4sho was one of those.

All i'm saying is that high level competitive play should be prioritized. I'm not alone in believing that Momo and Dusty have less accomplishments and are less skilled than say people like Paula, DevM, Aimstrong, cruzz, and etc.

There is a valid explanation for this. 8 players from NA and 8 players from EU were picked. DevM, Aimstrong and Cruzzi are all EU and were placed based against other EU players. You can't take out NA players and replace them with EU players cause that's not how the system worked.

You have to treat the selection of NA invites and EU invites as independent.
10 Aug 2016, 13:45 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2016, 13:34 PMluvnest
Relic's criteria is the player's performance in their latest 4 months cup series. I don't see anything wrong with that. No matter if it's NA or EU, the first 8 guys will be selected. Sounds fair to me. Besides, if you are determined and capable of playing it should't be too hard to score among the top 8 in both qualifiers.

This criteria can in fact prevent us from seing the best quality matches in the tournament that is possible otherwise if the criteria were defined in some other/better way. In other words, I am not sure if this is the best way to be sure that the best players participate in the tournament.

I only want to see that the best players play against the best.
10 Aug 2016, 13:45 PM
Donator 11

I was just speaking about Paula's behaviour in general. I don't know the exact reasons behind this issue, but i'm just giving my general opinion of why it's most likely been the case. It is bad conduct and probably doesn't help his situation.

I am super honest about these things. I have nothing to lie about. Paula didn't really follow the rules at all on multiple occasions. I'm glad I didn't have to put him during NA games but it sounded like a real nightmare. You've got other top players completely frustrated because of his actions and the casters too.

ESL staff were the ones who were not keen on bans etc in general and a lot of issues did just get resolved and pushed on. I have to hand it to ESL staff how professionally they dealt with those issues as literally nobody in the community noticed at the time. But he was quite out of order to some players, Momo4sho was one of those.

There is a valid explanation for this. 8 players from NA and 8 players from EU were picked. DevM, Aimstrong and Cruzzi are all EU and were placed based against other EU players. You can't take out NA players and replace them with EU players cause that's not how the system worked.

You have to treat the selection of NA invites and EU invites as independent.

stormlees. you need to PM me on stream. and stop this thing to me.

when you deal with people who lies on the internet.

you need proves. you understand me?
10 Aug 2016, 13:47 PM

This criteria can in fact prevent us from seing the best quality matches in the tournament that is possible otherwise if the criteria were defined in some other/better way. In other words, I am not sure if this is the best way to be sure that the best players participate in the tournament.

I only want to see that the best players plays against the best.

The football example is not good though. Professional football players have careers that span 10-15 years and teams will have mostly the same players for several seasons. In Coh you can be a top player today and quit a month later. Four months seems fair to me.
10 Aug 2016, 13:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge

belive or not stormless. I never did that in tourment. if you want my proves.

You can PM me on steam. I saved those poves.

As a PC player since I was 13.

I have joined count less tourney for CS SC WC SC2 COH.

And win some of it. I never cheated or I never creat problems in tourney.

In the other hand I give my opponent a chance to meet me on the ESL fairly and I beat him there.

I don't believe you've ever cheated. But I could see that people were having issues with your tournament etiquette.

I know that perhaps it feels like a kick in the teeth, but Relic hasn't banned you or anything like that. You still have the same ultimate opportunities as anyone else. You may even end up on a paid flight to Relic HQ lol.

But c'mon, to say that you behaved in a admirable way wasn't true was it. People genuinely believed you were stalling the 15 mins between games and just pushing limits constantly to cause problems. Relic wouldn't just feel this way towards you for no reason you know?
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment