Login

russian armor

M42 AT gun, brainstorm and solutions

8 Aug 2016, 14:20 PM

The faction already has a reliable AT gun, and TDs in every size and color. Its just overkill.. Soviets are no need of another doctrinal AT gun. Just remove it..
8 Aug 2016, 15:24 PM

Keep in mind this unit comes inside a commander that gives buffs to units near the FHQ. As a result, buffing this gun has serious consequences since it will make counter play near impossible. If you make it better against Infantry than German players cannot use MGs to control conscripts around the house. If you make it better AT than it always pays to go this commander since you don't need T2 for any form of AT.

Remove the unit and possibly add some more late game (Howie would be good) to a commander which is all or nothing after the 8 minute mark.
8 Aug 2016, 17:28 PM

Keep in mind this unit comes inside a commander that gives buffs to units near the FHQ. As a result, buffing this gun has serious consequences since it will make counter play near impossible. If you make it better against Infantry than German players cannot use MGs to control conscripts around the house. If you make it better AT than it always pays to go this commander since you don't need T2 for any form of AT.

Remove the unit and possibly add some more late game (Howie would be good) to a commander which is all or nothing after the 8 minute mark.
M-42 is in 2 commanders
8 Aug 2016, 23:08 PM

Just give it better accuracy and aim time so it can work against light vehicles, allowing for a t1 start that doesn't require you choosing the 1 or 2 good doctrines with guards.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2016, 14:20 PMRiCE
The faction already has a reliable AT gun, and TDs in every size and color. Its just overkill.. Soviets are no need of another doctrinal AT gun. Just remove it..

Or just this.
9 Aug 2016, 02:44 AM

M-42 is in 2 commanders

Fair enough, but my original point still stands. Changes to the M-42 disrupt critical functions within a commander.

Instead why not replace a functionally useless unit with a unit already in the meta (although I will admit the Howie is not a perfect example of this)?
9 Aug 2016, 15:02 PM

I would be concerned a year ago, but not now

FHQ got indirectly nerfed to oblivion with the starting resource changes

you know, I already made a thread that showed the changes I wanted for M42, FHQ, and a few other useless abilities with a mod that showcases those changes, so I'll post the link to that thread instead.
9 Aug 2016, 19:12 PM

Give it flares!

Kappa.
9 Aug 2016, 20:39 PM

And why not? Static heavy AT defenses would work very good for USSR. Such as static AI defenses.

They're anti-tank gun is decent. No need to go further.

At this point, they won't spend time,resources, and manpower just for a single person. Tweaking things is rather easier than making a new unit and voicelines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★