Login

russian armor

Raketenwerfer is awful

5 Aug 2016, 15:09 PM

Giving schrecks for Spios was a bad idea on the first place. In addition there is this raketen, with all its faults.

I agree, relic should change it to Pak40 and lock behind the first tech level. Make raketen a 0CP commander ability (break a commander with it, instead the whole faction :P )
5 Aug 2016, 17:05 PM

In my opinion commanders are the best place for t0 units to be of any kind.

Stock t0 units tend to be imbalanced, for better or for worse.
5 Aug 2016, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2016, 14:20 PMFul4n0

fixed for you.

Not even talking about garrison capabilities of the pupchen...

I like this one.

I already mentioned garrison and I'd prefer Pak 38 just so we have more alternatives, prob is it doesn't make sense as to why Wehr has the MG42 and PaK 40 while the OKW would be stuck with the MG34 and PaK 38, both earlier war weapons.
5 Aug 2016, 22:50 PM

It also seems to hit the ground more often with its rocket projectile vs other AT guns. In general its just OK since it can retreat and cloak but its still pretty meh for a faction that is now really struggling with AT.

And 99% of the time it ALWAYS misses vs a scout car in the first critical 5 mins
6 Aug 2016, 03:13 AM

This thing performance is way too polarized, on one hand with vet 1 it just serves as OKW's AT assassin, scout, point capper, on the other hand its rocket loves to miss at critical moments. Using this thing is really a gamble.
6 Aug 2016, 22:29 PM
Patrion 14

Can confirm - it sucks.

Death loops, piss poor accuracy, long target acquisition - all things critical for an AT gun.

I don't give a damn if it can cloak and retreat - it's job is AT and when your basic AT gun can't perform right, you have a big problem countering basic medium tanks. Between the shit raketen and the shit MG 34 - OKW are a severely limited faction.
7 Aug 2016, 02:32 AM

I can´t recount how many times I have been the victim of a pack of invisible rakettenwerfers hunting my tanks down.

Sorry to go off topic, but this conjures hilarious images of 50s style biker gangs. Leather jacket wearing raketenwerfer crews, with greased back hair, "hey Sherman, looks like you're on the wrong side of town..."
7 Aug 2016, 12:17 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Raketen is a gimicky flawed design from the start. It's retreat allows it to survive infantry flanks yet it's weak crew gets it one shot by tanks really easy, such a silly design for an AT gun. Raketen just needs to turn into a normal AT gun, lose it's cloak and retreat in exchange for more health and better stats. Which would then make it too strong in garrisons... so it would probably need to lose the garrison ability too. Raketen is the perfect example of unnecessary asymmetric design gone absolutely bonkers.
7 Aug 2016, 14:14 PM

Sorry to go off topic, but this conjures hilarious images of 50s style biker gangs. Leather jacket wearing raketenwerfer crews, with greased back hair, "hey Sherman, looks like you're on the wrong side of town..."

I lol'ed, nice one!
7 Aug 2016, 18:20 PM

Between the shit raketen and the shit MG 34 - OKW are a severely limited faction

You forgot shit isg and shit flak ht. It's like they don't have any good support weapons/vehicles at all.
7 Aug 2016, 18:38 PM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2016, 15:13 PMSlyzor
It has stupidly large aim time and unlike any other AT gun it dies from 1-2 tank shots.

It is really underperforming and deserves better imho.

No It Isn't you fanboi Kappa

in all honesty it is pretty bad with it's survivability, and it's aimtime is abysmal
7 Aug 2016, 20:01 PM

No It Isn't you fanboi
in all honesty it is pretty bad with it's survivability, and it's aimtime is abysmal

So you first disagree and then agree? I don't get it.
7 Aug 2016, 21:00 PM

Dislike OKW? Play Osthern, dont just try to mix both factions
7 Aug 2016, 21:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2016, 20:01 PMSlyzor

So you first disagree and then agree? I don't get it.

They doin' this.
7 Aug 2016, 21:56 PM

I've said before that IMO it's arguably the best AT gun in the game. If it needs it's projectile raised a touch, I won't dispute that, but it's very effective in its own way.
9 Aug 2016, 02:42 AM
Patrion 14

Raketen is a gimicky flawed design from the start. It's retreat allows it to survive infantry flanks yet it's weak crew gets it one shot by tanks really easy, such a silly design for an AT gun. Raketen just needs to turn into a normal AT gun, lose it's cloak and retreat in exchange for more health and better stats. Which would then make it too strong in garrisons... so it would probably need to lose the garrison ability too. Raketen is the perfect example of unnecessary asymmetric design gone absolutely bonkers.

plus one
11 Sep 2016, 08:11 AM

Rak shoots pretty fast, try zis youll want to kill urself.

Also i feel like cloak is pretty useful. Can ambush, you can push the gun a little further to get more than one shot if lucky plus the vet ambush bonus thing.

Tbh i feel like rak is really good pen is good for pretty much all allied armor, target aquisition time feels average, rof feels pretty fast, and vets quite quickly. Retreat is nice too. But thing is its the only AT for a loooong while and this is a problem... i do feel that okw needs a good reliable AT solution and the buffing the rak to certain degree might solve the problem. Since everyone talks about it dying so quickly, maybe give a ra boost, but retreat can make it invinsible. Maybe better range and arc too. I dont think it needs rof buff since it deals with allied armor but just a slight, why not. Maybe make it a little more mobile too since it might need to be moving around with the thing. I know that the puma exists but its a very tricky thing to buy since rushing tanks is a priority. So buffing it might be an actually good idea, i dont know if all of those butaybe some
11 Sep 2016, 10:55 AM

Can confirm - it sucks.

Death loops, piss poor accuracy, long target acquisition - all things critical for an AT gun.

I don't give a damn if it can cloak and retreat - it's job is AT and when your basic AT gun can't perform right, you have a big problem countering basic medium tanks. Between the shit raketen and the shit MG 34 - OKW are a severely limited faction.

I'll take shit MG-34 over .50cal any day.
Raketen non vet and raketen vet 1 are 2 completely different units, the problem is keeping shitketen alive till vet1.
11 Sep 2016, 13:34 PM

I'll take shit MG-34 over .50cal any day.
Raketen non vet and raketen vet 1 are 2 completely different units, the problem is keeping shitketen alive till vet1.
and I would always take cal 50 over mg 34 every day it's faster more pen more damage more suppression
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 26
Mexico 16
Germany 852

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %