Login

russian armor

Maxim vs OKW issue

1 Aug 2016, 17:15 PM

Sometime ago USF also did not have a mortar which counters MGs. If the micro was too tough for one faction why shouldn't it be changed with the others?

Exchanging smoke for the AT snare on panzerfusilers would help give OKW more options to deal with MGs if they chose that doctrine.

Hah, good point. But there are differences between old USF and current OKW. Old USF had really only 1 (!) combat reliable unit in T0 without opions of insta getting more unit by building first tiers. Rears and Medtruck are not really combat units, so... USF had to use ONLY Riflemen for to deal with everything, that stands against them - from volks to HMGs and mortars in early. That's why they got second more or less combat reliable unit in T0. Yet I still think, that T0 USF sniper would be way better, than mortars, but that's another discussion.

OKW has 3 combat reliable units in T0 right now - CQC infantry, which are also engineers, long-range meatinfantry and T0 AT-gun. Kubel is not really combat reliable unit, I suppouse, it is scout and capture mostly. But it's still very painful to play against kubelspammers at start, cos single Kubel might be not dangerous but 2 or 3 of them can even wipe your squads!

So... I see reasons, why USF got mortar in T0, but see no reasons why OKW should have anti-HMG counter there. Giving smoke to OKW would be equial to giving stock Bazookas or PTRS for USSR infantry, actually. That is fixing of problems, which are not really problems. Weakness of OKW in early is design issue, OKW is late-game faction. Such type factions suck in early, get their power in mid and become almost unstoppable in late. Vice versa for USSR - powerful early, weaking mid and pretty poor late with only T-34-76 in T4 and TD-only SU85.

1 Aug 2016, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2016, 16:20 PMNEVEC
Please, i am trying hard to take this thread seriously, but i can't.

Oh please share your wisdom with us.. or something constructive maybe?!
1 Aug 2016, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2016, 17:39 PMRiCE

Oh please share your wisdom with us.. or something constructive maybe?!

Your thread don't deserve it, so no.
1 Aug 2016, 18:24 PM

I am not sure maxim spam is a problem. I agree it is boring to play against, but the OKW have quite a bit of power in dealing with it. Not to mention the amount of off map elite units specifically designed to crush it. Go Scavenge more if you are still struggling.

Kubels offer two ways to deal with it: 1) cap around the maxim, make him come back and 2) drive it in close and let the gun do max DPS. You will pick off models and force him to move it. Once the maxim moves get in close with your volks or Sturms. You can ignore the scripts initially and force the retreat. Then turn on the scripts. After about 4 minutes the Kubel's effectiveness will wear out quickly as more units hit the field and light AT arrives. At this point you should have enough units to make his day hell when he tries, and you can even get an MG if you want to fight from green cover. I find myself not using nades on the maxim but getting STGs faster and letting DPS from the models clear off models. Of course if you manage to kill a maxim steal it, even if it means losing a volks squad. The cost to replace is lower than the Maxim cost.

Suggestions for you to try, not sure balance is the thing needed here.
1 Aug 2016, 19:10 PM

So when axis have a problem it means they should l2p but when allies fanboys cry about an issue its fine mama should give them milk!
1 Aug 2016, 19:19 PM

So when axis have a problem it means they should l2p but when allies fanboys cry about an issue its fine mama should give them milk!

And they give them tier0 turbo mortar ;) but seriously ISG should get smoke...
1 Aug 2016, 19:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

ISG needs a smoke barrage like all the other indirect team weapons in the game.
1 Aug 2016, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2016, 18:22 PMNEVEC

Your thread don't deserve it, so no.

Yeah sure.. just as i thought. :)
1 Aug 2016, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2016, 19:28 PMTobis
ISG needs a smoke barrage like all the other indirect team weapons in the game.

Or infantry smoke nade locked behind teching... but yes
1 Aug 2016, 20:08 PM

Kubel is proper HMG counter if you know how to use it.[...] OKW has everything they need for to deal with HMGs. All other problems in l2p. Giving them mortar will be ridiculous, such as smoke nades.

Kubel is not really combat reliable unit, I suppouse, it is scout and capture mostly.

Make up your mind, you keep disagreeing with yourself in the very same thread. And that's just one shamble out of many!

This thread, that started as a valid discussion point, has been completely derailed.
1 Aug 2016, 20:49 PM

Holy shit, the entertainment. Zero and Madame Commissar and all the other greats of the community.
1 Aug 2016, 20:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

even funnier when a soviet adds a doucheka into the mix.

Good luck accomplishing anything vs a good Soviet player with a dooshka on the wrong map. Who am I kidding its every map. If it's open you're screwed, if it's full of buildings you're screwed :P

They definitely need LEIG smoke and a total rehaul. yet again
1 Aug 2016, 21:09 PM

Of course if you manage to kill a maxim steal it, even if it means losing a volks squad. The cost to replace is lower than the Maxim cost.

Or you can, you know, salvage dat shiz.

Everyone always forgets about salvage with OKW.
1 Aug 2016, 21:55 PM

Or you can, you know, salvage dat shiz.

Everyone always forgets about salvage with OKW.

Who will choose 5 fuel over a good mg ?
1 Aug 2016, 22:00 PM

Exchanging smoke for the AT snare on panzerfusilers would help give OKW more options to deal with MGs if they chose that doctrine.

Seems like a fair trade, lets remove nades from somewhat elite unit in forgoten doctrine and give faction smoke. Thats like removing m42 light at gun and giving cons 2 DP once they tech tier 3
2 Aug 2016, 01:21 AM

Kubel + spios are adequate in extreme early game I've found. It's really easy to flank with compared to all other starts. Maxim in buildings? Use the cap advantage. Exept on the maps where some buildings are too dominant, but that's a map problem, and goes for more factions. Kubel is also amazing at pushing infantry out of cover for your spios to chew on, if your opponent doesn't go for hmg's first thing.
Leig needs some serious love though, smoke and maybe cost decrease? It hurts really bad to buy them. Not cost effective atm imo, and doesn't work as a counter to maxims mid game as they are too mobile.

I agree that the cost increase of the maxim was the wrong approach though. Reinforce cost increase would've been more effective to punish spam.

2 Aug 2016, 03:41 AM

even funnier when a soviet adds a doucheka into the mix.

Good luck accomplishing anything vs a good Soviet player with a dooshka on the wrong map. Who am I kidding its every map. If it's open you're screwed, if it's full of buildings you're screwed :P

They definitely need LEIG smoke and a total rehaul. yet again

There is already a suggestion by miragefla that more or less addresses the topic:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/54949/let-s-talk-isg-performance
2 Aug 2016, 04:44 AM

Who will choose 5 fuel over a good mg ?

I find more than 2-3 mugs are a poor use of pop
2 Aug 2016, 07:18 AM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
Germany 4
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #