Login

russian armor

Railway artillery

23 Jan 2015, 19:36 PM

Agree that this arty needs to be looked at. Currently very niche (while also being completely unlike the historical piece). Could reduce shells up accuracy, but how would this be different than Stuka dive bomb?

Increase shells, time to target, and reduce damage but then its not really railway, it is 105mm with a different name.
23 Jan 2015, 20:13 PM

I'll take it over:
-Major artillery
-300 muni Fortifications offmap

I've actually used the Fortifications one to great effect a few times.
23 Jan 2015, 23:33 PM
Patrion 28

it has a pathetically short cooldown, is super cheap for what it does, and it looks awesome whether it hits or not. it's decent against people in buildings and for destroying ice. that's about it. definitely my favorite global.
24 Jan 2015, 01:14 AM

OKW: only Elite Armor. The other 5 are pretty good or at least useful.
USF: only Dodge, pretty gimmicky and that's it. Not too much above is the Greyhound Comm which at least is a wiping machine and the pathfinder can be useful to nuke forward OKW bases.

Elite Armor, Luftwaffe GF, and Spec Ops are all pretty underwhelming due to not really offering much the OKW player doesn't already have. Scavenge, Fort, and Jadg give the player more options at least and can fill holes OKW has it it's unit list.

For instance the StG 44 IF has lower DPS than the MG34 LMG, Fallsch are very squishy and very expensive, and the command panther is just to expensive when you might as well get a KT.
24 Jan 2015, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2013, 16:41 PMAzza
I use it to counter the Russian heavy artillery piece, which Russian players occasional get to counter my Pak-43. So a counter to a counter, but otherwise very little use for it.

Nah, B4's and any other Russian Arty is better countered by recon + Stuka Dive Bomb. Actually it turns out Close Air Support Doctrine for the Ostheer perfectly counters the B4's doctrine (I don't really know the doctrine by name)
24 Jan 2015, 01:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2015, 01:30 AMSierra

Nah, B4's and any other Russian Arty is better countered by recon + Stuka Dive Bomb. Actually it turns out Close Air Support Doctrine for the Ostheer perfectly counters the B4's doctrine (I don't really know the doctrine by name)

Jaeger Armor is a better counter to B4 due to you also having an elefant, but yeah Close Air Support and Luft Supply work as well.
24 Jan 2015, 02:11 AM
Patrion 310

Elite Armor, Luftwaffe GF, and Spec Ops are all pretty underwhelming due to not really offering much the OKW player doesn't already have. Scavenge, Fort, and Jadg give the player more options at least and can fill holes OKW has it it's unit list.

For instance the StG 44 IF has lower DPS than the MG34 LMG, Fallsch are very squishy and very expensive, and the command panther is just to expensive when you might as well get a KT.

Spec ops is farm from underwhelming. STG44's at long range have less dps, but gain a lot of dps up close which is often where allied troops will try to get to. I find them much better for mid - close range fights against most allied infantry. Not to mention you cannot drop an lmg34 for your enemy to pickup. Not sure why you are saying you may as well get a KT instead of a Command Panther. KT requires 40 + 40 + 80 + 260 = 420 Fuel. Command Panther realistically will cost you 40 + 40 / 80 + 200 = 320 Fuel. Never mind it can come out earlier than a KT and specifically in team games can really boost your allies vehicles. The extra sight range alone is imo worth it, since you can easily kill most allied armour with little threat to your self. It can even kill Jacksons pretty easily since it has greater sight range and will often bounce shots. Combine Command Panther with a second panther and they are very hard to kill, especially as the CP gains vet.

The grenades are really good too. Destroys buildings often in 1 or 2 volleys, works well against blobs and pretty much allows you to use them on cd without harming shrecks.
24 Jan 2015, 03:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stg44: Double the DPS at close mid range, same DPS till 20-25m. At range they still have more DPS than LMG grens. They don't drop. And they partially ignore cover modifiers. Yep, "useless".

Falls: PG on steroids which come from ambient building. When you can't get Obers, they are your best bet as elite infantry. PD: they get a working snare if we compare it to PF.

Command Panther: gets better if we add players into the equation. Being a call in makes it cheap tech wise. You are basically paying 25f + 70mp for all the buffs the Co PV gives (extra sight range, mobility and with veterancy accuracy, range and later infantry is affected as well)

Also Luft and Spec ops are the vanilla commanders, and are the first options to get Infiltration nades and MG34s.
24 Jan 2015, 08:37 AM

Spec ops is the commander I use most of the time.
The Stg 44 upgrade allows you to counter shocks and greatly increased the potential of wiping squads.
The command Panther is better much at destroying tanks than the KT since it has mark vehicle and is fast enough to chase enemy tanks to finish them off. Recon flares are much harder to notice for your enemy than a recon plane and thus work very well with a Stuka. Infiltration nades allow you to clear buildings, which is what okw usually can't really do and it punishes blobber, likewise wipes Riflemen that use hit the ground.

Luftwaffe doctrine allows you to rely on falls in situations where you can't get obers like when you have to go first T2 flak track then t1 for healing and a jagdpanzer. Volks and sturmpios just don't work after 15 minutes if you face allied elite infantry.
Additionally they kill snipers when popped our correctly.

Valiant assault allows you to chase tanks with your volks or kiting snipers. Luftwaffe assault gives you a free squad when you are low on manpower and the strafing stukas pin and kill enemy infantry, very useful in late game vp struggle games.
24 Jan 2015, 17:34 PM

Spec ops is the commander I use most of the time.
The Stg 44 upgrade allows you to counter shocks and greatly increased the potential of wiping squads.
The command Panther is better much at destroying tanks than the KT since it has mark vehicle and is fast enough to chase enemy tanks to finish them off. Recon flares are much harder to notice for your enemy than a recon plane and thus work very well with a Stuka. Infiltration nades allow you to clear buildings, which is what okw usually can't really do and it punishes blobber, likewise wipes Riflemen that use hit the ground.

Luftwaffe doctrine allows you to rely on falls in situations where you can't get obers like when you have to go first T2 flak track then t1 for healing and a jagdpanzer. Volks and sturmpios just don't work after 15 minutes if you face allied elite infantry.
Additionally they kill snipers when popped our correctly.

Valiant assault allows you to chase tanks with your volks or kiting snipers. Luftwaffe assault gives you a free squad when you are low on manpower and the strafing stukas pin and kill enemy infantry, very useful in late game vp struggle games.

A commander is about what it gives that you use often, I would rather get the infiltration nades from Scavenge because the doctrine helps me get shreks out faster and more reliably. And Fallsch while good units on paper suffer from the fact they cost a massive amount of MP and have very little health and armor. You are better off just getting a either infantry from another doctrine or just more volks. Valiant Assault is good for tank chasing but ultimately is a munition dump mid game that could be better spent on shreks, imho.

The Commander Panther might be better than a KT a AT on paper as well, but in the current IS2/Jackson meta it's just going to get raped if it gets attacked by a IS2 and friends, I would much rather have a King Tiger which will bounce shots of it's armor and has enough health I can retreat it and repair it with out some insane micro.

On the subject of the StG44, the killing in cover and better close range is good but at 90 munitions you are better off giving a volks squad a shrek and using Infiltration nades if you need to clear an enemy out of cover.

In terms of usefulness from personal experience Jadg > Fort > Scavenge=Spec Ops > Luftwaffe > Elite Armored.
24 Jan 2015, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You could just remove Elite armored or add way more >>> :P
24 Jan 2015, 20:51 PM

That's why people are so frustrated with okw; Schreck, Ober blob is a boring way to play and bleeds a lot of manpower, through blobbing.

Falls are good if you keep them alive and don't let models drop + retreat in time for healing.

The Command Panther can solo any tank in game, it solos IS2 and ISU up front without any problems and eats Jacksons for breakfast.

StG44 counter wipes shocks, infantry makes me problems as OKW, not tanks. Once Shocks get near LMG obers you have to retreat them, like every other infantry okw has. Stg 44 obers counter because of that a lot of commanders.

24 Jan 2015, 21:10 PM

That's why people are so frustrated with okw; Schreck, Ober blob is a boring way to play and bleeds a lot of manpower, through blobbing.

Falls are good if you keep them alive and don't let models drop + retreat in time for healing.

The Command Panther can solo any tank in game, it solos IS2 and ISU up front without any problems and eats Jacksons for breakfast.

StG44 counter wipes shocks, infantry makes me problems as OKW, not tanks. Once Shocks get near LMG obers you have to retreat them, like every other infantry okw has. Stg 44 obers counter because of that a lot of commanders.

Falls are good yeah if you have intense micro, but they get wiped way to easy and your better off just getting Obers, not to mention the fact Luftwaffe as a whole is an underwhelming commander.

The commander panther could theoretically solo any tank in the game yeah, but you could say the same for the IS2, Panther, KT, ect. It's just that is costs to much for what you can get out of it.

The StG44 44 once again, is 90 muni which is pretty expensive. Your much more likely to have your infantry die to enemy tanks as OKW than shocks. I would rather just keep microing my infantry forces to kill shocks than put 90 muni into making Obers worse at range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★