Login

russian armor

Accuracy on retreaters

Vaz
31 Jul 2016, 17:54 PM

I think Axis has an unfair advantage on hitting retreaters, due to greater accuracy of their troops. It's common for axis to be able to make risky moves and survive the retreat, while the same scenario for other side results in a completely different outcome, often with no survivors, depending on the retreat path. The gap between the two is way too large, even for an asymmetric balance.
31 Jul 2016, 17:57 PM

Unless your specifically talking conscripts vs retreating units, you're wrong.

Tommies, rifles and penals have no worse accuracy then grens, volks or OKW elites.
31 Jul 2016, 18:10 PM

Nice avatar from C&C Generals, Vaz :D
Vaz
31 Jul 2016, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2016, 17:57 PMKatitof
Unless your specifically talking conscripts vs retreating units, you're wrong.

Tommies, rifles and penals have no worse accuracy then grens, volks or OKW elites.

You must be misunderstanding me, all those units have different accuracy values, so impossible for them to all be the same.
31 Jul 2016, 18:47 PM

you are right, just another #justaxisthings ...

funny thing is, for a faction that is based around the "smoke and flank" concept, doing so will put your units in great danger, while the defensive faction get almost no problem in doing so.

in CoH1 this problem was MUCH bigger. If you failed to flank a MG your rifles would just get wiped on retreat since the MG damage and accuracy was insane.
31 Jul 2016, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2016, 18:22 PMVaz

You must be misunderstanding me, all those units have different accuracy values, so impossible for them to all be the same.
You must be misunderstanding him, because he stated that they were no worse, not the same.
31 Jul 2016, 19:03 PM

Just keep in mind retreat paths and don't overextend, retreating through red cover through enemy units is a disaster for any faction.
1 Aug 2016, 00:21 AM

You must be misunderstanding him, because he stated that they were no worse, not the same.

You realize that the phrase 'no worse' tends to mean 'the same', right?

It's a colloquialism, but typically it's taken to mean the same, or similar.
1 Aug 2016, 02:39 AM

a lmg grenadier squad have the curious condition where its dps remain (roughly) constant through out its range, where as the BAR rifleman and conscript suffer a obvious dps drop off at long range.

this kind of make it easier for a grenadier to sniper retreating infantry if you're trying to retreat rifleman after a botch dive.
1 Aug 2016, 02:54 AM

In my experience its really easy for vet 2/3 infantry w anti-infantry upgrades to wipe infantry on retreat. I don't think that's a problem though.
1 Aug 2016, 05:10 AM

From my experience I can say, that Axis really has better chanses to kill retreaters, than Allies. But... I think that's not only about accuracy, that's also about reciving accuracy stat.

It's way more difficult to retreat-kill same Tommies, than Cons or Riflemen, just because their RA stat is 0.80 - one of the lowest in game at start. But... Axis units also dying pretty often on retreat, but here rules God of random, I suppouse. It always rules with soviet accuracy in general, USF accuracy is pretty low, you should know, for to compensate their semi-auto M1s.

So my point is - that's not only Axis problem, that's common problem, and accuracy stat is not so relevant here, I think...

I would say, that in general, it's nearly impossible to play with sneaky tactics in CoH 2. You move your units in enemy backs, do some damage and then trying to retreat. In 50% cases AI prefers worst way to retreat, through all possible enemy defenses and units. As result - you got more damage to your army, than you just did by sneaky backstab. And even if AI prefers normal way to retreat - it's still very risky, cos again you have to retreat through front line of defenses.

But... that's not that easy to fix it. Make squads less vunerable to enemy fire in retreat (like in DoW 2 for example) - and it will be nearly impossible to retreat-kill anyone, so there will be no punish for "2late retreat" of your enemy. I think that's problem of game mechanic in general, it will be pretty hard to fix it somehow, so we have to live with that.
1 Aug 2016, 05:16 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2016, 17:54 PMVaz
I think Axis has an unfair advantage on hitting retreaters, due to greater accuracy of their troops. It's common for axis to be able to make risky moves and survive the retreat, while the same scenario for other side results in a completely different outcome, often with no survivors, depending on the retreat path. The gap between the two is way too large, even for an asymmetric balance.

The difference in accuracy between the main fighting units is slight, compensated for by larger squad sizes and faster firing weapons, balancing out the dps. You don't want to be looking at the accuracy but at the dps of the weapon at different ranges to tell the effectiveness.

Fun fact, Volksgrenadiers are more accurate than grenadiers, but do less damage. Guess the grens go for headshots.
1 Aug 2016, 06:45 AM

on the flip, allied troops have more forgiveness when retreating due to higher model count. a con squad retreating after 4 loses has only slightly worse of a chance to survive than a gren squad who has lost half as many models
also more models firing at retreating squads means more chances to hit and a faster overall rate of fire

edit- seems i was too slow stating my point...
1 Aug 2016, 22:21 PM

on the flip, allied troops have more forgiveness when retreating due to higher model count. a con squad retreating after 4 loses has only slightly worse of a chance to survive than a gren squad who has lost half as many models
also more models firing at retreating squads means more chances to hit and a faster overall rate of fire

edit- seems i was too slow stating my point...

that, and rifleman vet 3 matrix passive.
3 Aug 2016, 13:18 PM

I play all factions and I can't say I feel there is any significant difference.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17
Germany 862
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak