Login

russian armor

Penalties for abusive /quit .

4 Dec 2016, 16:38 PM

up
4 Dec 2016, 16:44 PM

up

Well, Kyle seems to be on forum, maybe he can see this.
5 Dec 2016, 14:57 PM

For what it's worth, I agree with everyone who stated that it would be absurd to punish "leavers".

1) I am married, with 3 kids. After everyone goes to bed, I have maybe 1.5 hrs to myself to play 1 or 2 games, before I too have to sleep before getting up to be at work for 0700. I don't have time to fuck around in a game that is clearly lost, with random teammates that refuse to surrender.

2) Likewise, since I usually play Allies, the game is tough enough in 4v4 against Axis, without having to play 2v4 after two guys drop.

3) I also won't play with teammates who appoint themselves "boss", and throw a fit when the team doesn't follow their plan. The constant pinging gets annoying, and in any case, it usually ends with them bombarding my base. Which leads me to...

ABSOLUTELY PUNISH ABUSIVE PLAYERS !- I can put up with imbalances, biased maps, etc...but nothing makes me want to quit the game more than these inbred, small-minded troglodytes. It's kind of halfway understandable if they're losing and start hurling abuse, but it's especially obnoxious when they're winning, and you graciously offer up "hey well played, GG", and they still throw abuse. As someone has mentioned, some of these comments are entirely inappropriate as well. FYI, opposing players like this will also cause me to leave. "Allied" players who engage in teamkilling also deserve a penalty. Overall, the maturity level of the players of this game seems to be higher than other games, but there is no lack of players who have discovered the magic of the Axis "I win" metas, and think it makes them pros. Again, if that's how you wanna play, fine. You don't need to be a dick about it. So...

Disable "all player" in-game chat, leaving it enabled only for team, or...
Develop a system wherein toxic players have shuriken teleported into their small intestines.
5 Dec 2016, 16:16 PM

it might have been already said, but cmon everyone complaining about that, just switch to 1 vs 1.

this is seriously the best thing to do, even if it's hard at the beggining, at the end it's better.
5 Dec 2016, 21:17 PM

For what it's worth, I agree with everyone who stated that it would be absurd to punish "leavers".

1) I am married, with 3 kids. After everyone goes to bed, I have maybe 1.5 hrs to myself to play 1 or 2 games, before I too have to sleep before getting up to be at work for 0700. I don't have time to fuck around in a game that is clearly lost, with random teammates that refuse to surrender.

2) Likewise, since I usually play Allies, the game is tough enough in 4v4 against Axis, without having to play 2v4 after two guys drop.

3) I also won't play with teammates who appoint themselves "boss", and throw a fit when the team doesn't follow their plan. The constant pinging gets annoying, and in any case, it usually ends with them bombarding my base. Which leads me to...

ABSOLUTELY PUNISH ABUSIVE PLAYERS !- I can put up with imbalances, biased maps, etc...but nothing makes me want to quit the game more than these inbred, small-minded troglodytes. It's kind of halfway understandable if they're losing and start hurling abuse, but it's especially obnoxious when they're winning, and you graciously offer up "hey well played, GG", and they still throw abuse. As someone has mentioned, some of these comments are entirely inappropriate as well. FYI, opposing players like this will also cause me to leave. "Allied" players who engage in teamkilling also deserve a penalty. Overall, the maturity level of the players of this game seems to be higher than other games, but there is no lack of players who have discovered the magic of the Axis "I win" metas, and think it makes them pros. Again, if that's how you wanna play, fine. You don't need to be a dick about it. So...

Disable "all player" in-game chat, leaving it enabled only for team, or...
Develop a system wherein toxic players have shuriken teleported into their small intestines.

There's nothing worse than what I call Sore-winners: total jerks that have to vaunt their egos because they won. It would be nice to disable [ALL] chat. Sometimes, I don't want to see the smak-talk, especially the neurotic per-pubecent teen angst with inane mother insults.

Glad to see I'm not the only one waiting for the family to go to bed before some gaming.

it might have been already said, but cmon everyone complaining about that, just switch to 1 vs 1.

this is seriously the best thing to do, even if it's hard at the beggining, at the end it's better.

1v1s are fun, but when you have a team game, there's a certain "magic" to it when you get an ally that you sync up with and actually do team play. Sure, both are fun to win, but 1v1 it's all focused on you winning, versus making a team win.
6 Dec 2016, 14:40 PM

This thing ruining the game since 2013.

Its simple, if you want to get ranked in coh2 (like some forum masterchief "show ur playercard" do) you can't rely on random matchmaking

What kind of idiot would stick around in a pug team to be raped by a premade team of 4?

Anyone that sticks around for that deserves the loss.
7 Dec 2016, 00:09 AM

You are not helping, please see yourself out.

1v1s are fun, but when you have a team game, there's a certain "magic" to it when you get an ally that you sync up with and actually do team play. Sure, both are fun to win, but 1v1 it's all focused on you winning, versus making a team win.

+1 on team games being more rewarding

What kind of idiot would stick around in a pug team to be raped by a premade team of 4?

The kind of idiot who wants his loot drop.

7 Dec 2016, 00:40 AM
Donator 11

The fact that teams are on the same ladder not only means they play against each other but also that the arranged team will usually contain worse players than random one. The matchmaker creates matches based on past matches, so on real outcome of matches. This means it takes only the data about outcome of all factors, not different factors themselves, into calculation, including the factor of arranged team. This just means that no matter if you are AT or not you still have the same chance to win if you play it fair instead of running away.
7 Dec 2016, 00:52 AM

You are not helping, please see yourself out.

well i'm actually helping you.
you don't like your teammates, so i'm telling how everyone does:
go for 1 vs 1 until some of your friends are connected and then play with them.

randomn team games will always result in that kind of abuse/quit, and you won't force relic to make a penalties system when it takes them 4 month to do hotfix.
7 Dec 2016, 03:13 AM

Then there is the type of player who is so terrible that CPU would be better than him and you wish he would quit, but he doesn't.

Then another type who, rather than quit, decide to tell the opponents he is going afk for the next 10 mins and to rape you while he is gone.

So many types of dickheads in the randoms. It is probably most frustrating matchmaking system I've ever come across.
7 Dec 2016, 03:16 AM

Yes of course with 1v1 you only have yourself to blame, but I for one just find 2v2 more enjoyable. With 1v1 wins I don't really feel joy, I just feel relief of stress. With 2v2 quite often I feel actual fun happening somewhere in my brain.
7 Dec 2016, 08:51 AM

The kind of idiot who wants his loot drop.

Wahahahaha!
7 Dec 2016, 08:57 AM

The fact that teams are on the same ladder not only means they play against each other but also that the arranged team will usually contain worse players than random one. The matchmaker creates matches based on past matches, so on real outcome of matches. This means it takes only the data about outcome of all factors, not different factors themselves, into calculation, including the factor of arranged team. This just means that no matter if you are AT or not you still have the same chance to win if you play it fair instead of running away.

If you want premade teams to stop abusing the matchmaking system, you gotta drop every game they try to play until they're left playing against CPU. This may discourage further matchmaking abuses.

This is why strong teams rename themselves and enter the lower ranked ladders, yes? To manipulate the matchmaking system and rape pugs?

You are naieve! Else you are playing dumb and are an active twink that rapes pugs.

Any pug player that sticks around for the entertainment of a premade team deserves the raping, because they are actively encouraging the premade teams to form themselves and find means to play against weak pug teams.

If you want premade teams to stop abusing the matchmaking system, you gotta drop every game they try to play until they're left playing against CPU. This may discourage further matchmaking abuses.

And again! This is not a player problem, this is a Relic problem in that they designed a terrible matchmaking system that actively encourages griefing behaviour by the players!

So quit making these terribly naieve posts about people dropping and instead clearly tell Relic to sort their code out for the next game they are making, to spare human beings some pain.

After all, actual people play these games.

Any pug player that sticks around for the entertainment of a premade team deserves the raping, because they are actively encouraging the premade teams to form themselves and find means to play against weak pug teams.
7 Dec 2016, 10:24 AM

wow broh, yes premade team are harder to beat for unknown but you can't blame them or relic for teaming up with friends.

and you can't just split the playerbase in 2 with on one side the randomn nubs and on the other, the premade team.
7 Dec 2016, 11:14 AM

wow broh, yes premade team are harder to beat for unknown but you can't blame them for teaming up with friends.

You fail at comprehension. Irrelevant!
7 Dec 2016, 19:58 PM
Donator 11

This is why strong teams rename themselves and enter the lower ranked ladders, yes? To manipulate the matchmaking system and rape pugs?

You are naieve! Else you are playing dumb and are an active twink that rapes pugs.

And again! This is not a player problem, this is a Relic problem in that they designed a terrible matchmaking system that actively encourages griefing behaviour by the players!

So quit making these terribly naieve posts about people dropping and instead clearly tell Relic to sort their code out for the next game they are making, to spare human beings some pain.

After all, actual people play these games.

Are you on some kind of crusade or something? What I said is not naive, it's undeniable, especially for a dev. What are you going to fight for next? Flat earth theory?
7 Dec 2016, 20:31 PM

I'm glad you see the validity of my post; and as such it is possible for two people to be correct at the same time, when their opinions don't differ drastically.

You've exemplified this, so we should bear it in mind going forward. well done
7 Dec 2016, 21:13 PM

The fact that teams are on the same ladder not only means they play against each other but also that the arranged team will usually contain worse players than random one.
AT or not you still have the same chance to win if you play it fair instead of running away.

Mate, I have only won against 1 arranged team, and that was because they started blobbing inefficiently.
I think ELO is to blame again for AT teams

well i'm actually helping you.
you don't like your teammates, so i'm telling how everyone does:

Except not everyone does it.
How do you expect to make friends if you keep playing by yourself?

Wahahahaha!

Lol, glad you like it, but I was srs.

Are you on some kind of crusade or something? What I said is not naive, it's undeniable, especially for a dev. What are you going to fight for next? Flat earth theory?

But the Earth IS flat!!
It was proven back in the 1600s! /s
7 Dec 2016, 21:21 PM

Except not everyone does it.
How do you expect to make friends if you keep playing by yourself?

To make a 1 vs 1, there need to be at least 2 guys :)
when batle is over, i usually speak a few words and if the dude is cool, you can add him later on steam.
7 Dec 2016, 22:23 PM

would be nice to get a majority surrender (instead of unanimous) This would solve alot of these issues with holdouts and having to quit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★