Login

russian armor

Announcer shit at his job?

31 Jul 2016, 00:20 AM

It's happened on more than one occasion now where I will lose a territory point and due to game happenings and be completely oblivious to it due to the announcer deciding not to tell me.

It doesn't matter what the point is either be it fuel, VP or just a normal territory. From what I can gather if he is about to mention it and a squad dies, gets built or you reach a CP, that will override what he was going to say, its stupid and really needs to be fixed.

Unless of course, I am stupid and he does say it but I just don't hear it, in that case, these aren't the droids you are looking for.
31 Jul 2016, 00:23 AM

In my experience it can be overwrite and lost alongside a lot of other bad messages such as announcing wipes or vehicle losses.
31 Jul 2016, 02:32 AM

nope, this is a problem, and its even worse when you are playing a soviet commander that has decryption and the sound of that early panther doesn't play and you get completely surprised.
nee
31 Jul 2016, 04:07 AM

He's a sissy traitor to his motherland, that's why!

Wait, which faction is this??
31 Jul 2016, 07:39 AM
Senior Editor Badge

In my experience it can be overwrite and lost alongside a lot of other bad messages such as announcing wipes or vehicle losses.

Exactly. This does happen, especially as things happen in quick succession.
1 Aug 2016, 06:11 AM

I have began to notice grenades regularly not being announced. Cannot say if it is random or if there is a particular bug. Previously stun grenades were the main issue but now seems to be affecting other grenades.

Just had a game where 2 flame nades and a grenade from JLI went unannounced. Checked replay and still nothing. The game was lagging as my opponent was Chinese but that shouldn't effect replay.
1 Aug 2016, 17:43 PM

CoH 2's sound notifications compared to CoH's is shit in general.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 56
Poland 10
United States 16
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %