Login

russian armor

[1v1]USFvsOKWKharkov

30 Jul 2016, 21:03 PM

Fun match though I wasn't in the VP race at all. Just a micro test and decision making test essentially. Obviously, I lost handily :D Not sure how I should've dealt with his hyperagression

Lots of infiltration stuff (forget what the actual okw unit is called)and a few calliope blasts. I thought it was pretty exciting.

Any and all criticisms welcome. Thank you!
31 Jul 2016, 08:07 AM

Hi you want to review it or only discussion.

If you want to review it, just tell me, I´ll do it
31 Jul 2016, 18:59 PM

Thanks Hector. I got some feedback from a friend on this one already in the replays section of the site so don't worry about it. I'm sure ill pop up a few more later today that you can review if you have time ;)
1 Aug 2016, 10:55 AM

So if you don´t worry and you already get good advice I can copy that post here, close this replay and move on to other replays and posts

!I see that this guy was of the aggressive type. These games are much different than facing Ostheer, and they require a much different approach. Early on, it was a bad move letting him take control of the house by your fuel. Pop your rear echelon in there as your first unit don't even cap anything. Send your rifle squad to the cutoff, and monitor any units coming from the munitions point. Often times if they see you in the house(s) they'll just fuck off for a bit. Nothing is worse from an OKW perspective then sending a super early assualt and failing, meaning they have zero capture points and already in a hole for manpower. Just take the proper precautions especially against OKW (meaning secure the houses around important capture points) because that can really set the tone for the entire game. Putting you on the back foot early on. As you go up the ladder you'll find people who do this aggressive play almost every single game. For the first 3-5 minutes of the game the guy completely neglected his side. I would have taken your RE's off the front line and just shift-queued up that entire side all the way down to his fuel. It takes about 10-15 seconds to queue up and it really does pay off. Especially in getting your Stuart out faster. Speaking of the Stuart, you should really start utilizing the "Shell shock" ability. It stuns the enemy vehicle for a good 5 seconds allowing you to flank and park your Stuart right on the Pz. II's ass. The best way to do this is to situate your Stuart right behind the enemy vehicle and hit the Stop key. That way the enemy vehicle has a pathing FIT and they seriously spazz out. Allowing you to finish off the enemy vehicle. Keep in mind though this isn't smart if they have tons of support around. Just keep your captain and rifles close to fend off the Volks and this strategy works wonders. Because although this guy didn't do too much damage with his Pz. II, the higher you go up the ladder the more kiting the OKW players do and the slipperier they become! So seizing every chance to knock out enemy armor is critical. As the game progresses I'm really seeing how a fighting position on your side would have helped you. It can ward off those pesky volks squads and an AT gun would have been pretty good to keep the P4 out of there. Those Fallschirmjagers (infiltration unit) were pretty tricky to deal with but for two of those squads alone thats 880 man power. So always keep that in mind, try and play the attrition game. Squad wipes with from targeting squads with your Caliope is a great start. Looks like as I typed that, you did wipe his squad with the Caliope. That's great because he was down to 75 man power after he called that in and that was ZERO return on his investment. Awesome job with that. Always try and minimize the range in which the Caliope fires from, especially if you're going for squad wipes! If you can't win a certain area, cut HIS area off. Go behind him, capture his cutoff points, and force him into more favorable engagements for you. Also, keep an eye on your team weapons. When we played and also a general trend in your play is you seem to lose sight of your mortars and they end up taking them. Big mistake... Always keep an eye on your units especially your team weapons, because it just means they get something they spent 0 manpower to invest in. All in all, you're still in great shape. You haven't played many USF games, or many CoH2 games in general. Things will start to make more sense and you will start to improve you're still very new. You are leaps and bounds better than I was at this stage, so keep plugging away and just know that ALL of us COH2 players have been at this stage. Once you get over the hump it starts to get even MORE fun. You got this!Justin xv

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★