Login

russian armor

rear echelon squad volley fire

29 Jul 2016, 13:35 PM
Donator 22

Hey guys

what do you think about the current volley fire ability? It seems to me kinda useless. Takes ages to suppress some infantry.
30 Jul 2016, 12:49 PM
Patrion 14

same. with no upgrades, only time i've been able to use it to success was by using buildings.
1 Aug 2016, 20:23 PM

Yes, it's a waste of muni. They need to bring it back to what it once was, IMO.
1 Aug 2016, 20:38 PM

It was hilariously op in WFA alpha but was nerfed back to the prehistoric days. Definitely needs a buff!
2 Aug 2016, 22:00 PM

Does volley fire with other RE's stack? and is it more effective the closer you are to the target?
2 Aug 2016, 22:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2016, 22:00 PMUnited
Does volley fire with other RE's stack? and is it more effective the closer you are to the target?

It doesn't stack like modifiers - multiplicatively, there is no reason for it not to stack additively, like all the other suppresion sources, though.
2 Aug 2016, 23:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2016, 22:00 PMUnited

Its more effective the closer you are as the RE squad, along with just about everything else small arms in the game fires faster the closer you get.

More shots= more suppression going out.

You may not feel that in actuality though as the squad takes increased damage while doing the ability, so those sturm pioneers charging you could care less about your extra suppression, you'll like drop 1-2 models immediately at the most effective suppression range.

The best possible scenario of using volley fire is from garrison against a squad that's right next to the garrison.
2 Aug 2016, 23:33 PM

The extra damage you take make it a tricky ability to use.

but I think if you get a LMG you can supress reliably
3 Aug 2016, 10:31 AM
Donator 22

The best possible scenario of using volley fire is from garrison against a squad that's right next to the garrison.

thanks. never tried this before :)
3 Aug 2016, 11:26 AM

They need to remove the received accuracy penalty when using this ability because your RE's will just drop like flies when its active.

In competitive mod I believe the change was already made, hopefully it gets put in the main game.
4 Aug 2016, 19:26 PM

I only use it if the enemy squad is firing at another squad. i.e.; rifle+RE vs sturm. if it looks like the rifle will lose and the re's are close enough for the ability to be useful, i'll pop volley. worst case he switches to shooting the re's giving the rifles more chance to do damage.

I have used it and gotten 2 squads suppressed a few times in a scenario similar to what ive described, just with more enemies. using it against a small blob makes suppression ramp up quickly.

just be super careful if/when they start shooting at the RE's
4 Aug 2016, 19:53 PM

They need to remove the received accuracy penalty when using this ability because your RE's will just drop like flies when its active.

In competitive mod I believe the change was already made, hopefully it gets put in the main game.

I think there should be another buff and possibly the 20ammo price decrease to 0ammo, but the penalty is a nice thing which forces them to cooperate with someone who draws fire
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★