Login

russian armor

New to OKW - which commanders and BO's to use

29 Jul 2016, 09:26 AM
Donator 11

Hi, I am playing mostly 1v1 and 2v2, and recently started playing OKW. I own the Feuersturm and the Overwatch commander from warspoils, but found both not very helpfull so far. Started playing with Special Operations, but waiting for command panther and still needing T4 for Obers to arm up seems clunky.

Before OKW, I played a lot of Ostheer and UKF, hence my playstyle tends more towards team weapons and waiting out for late game.

With OKW I struggle now with the following points:

1. which commanders to load, and use in which situation
2. what bulletins are useful (currently maxed out on Volks)
3. which general build-order beyond 3x volks or kübelwagen + 2x volks against which faction
4. what to look out for and how to counter (a) UKF emplacement spam, b) US riflespam + mortars c) Soviet heavy mortar into T76-85, ...)

Would be great if u could help be getting a better orientation =)
30 Jul 2016, 08:18 AM

I will comment on the commanders. The good news is that OKW is the least commander-dependent faction, being the only ones to have a non-doctrinal heavy tank (except for the Churchill, but nobody uses that). Personally, I pick the commander very late in the game, usually at 7-8cp, sometimes later.

My loadout at the moment (1v1) is:
- Scavenge: hands down the most well-rounded doctrine for OKW, with no useless abilities. This is my fallback option and works in most games.
- Luftwaffe: used to be a no-brainer when the MG34 was doctrinal, now not so much. The Fallschirmjagers are still great at harassing.
- For my 3rd pick I usually cycle between various doctrines, but I rarely use them. I believe most of the remaining 6 doctrines have something good to offer, apart from Overwatch and Breakthrough.

Most games you can rely on the OKW non-doctrinal arsenal to carry you since it contains an answer to everything the enemy might throw at you. The main benefit you get from OKW doctrines, imo, is infiltration units (Fallschirmjagers and Jagers) that spawn from ambient buildings to harass weapon teams and points.

I only play team games for the lulz but Fortifications is a really good pick there.
30 Jul 2016, 11:53 AM
Donator 11

Thank you CartoonVillain.

Regarding build orders, I found UKF the most trouble. Tried out T1 double Leig, but never did enough.

Now I go volks - kübel - volks volks into Luchs, and if he digs in Stuka zu Fuss to battle his emplacements, or Puma to battle AEC. Any advice there?
31 Jul 2016, 13:23 PM

Leig's are probably still your best bet against UKF. The trouble with them is that you need to constantly keep the barrages going otherwise you're giving them time to repair the emplacements.

Going mech HQ is a bit risky depending on your fuel situation, but if you have managed to secure enough fuel and deny the enemy their own fuel - which is easier said than done against UKF - the it can work too. If he was foolish enough to go for a mortar pit without denying you the fuel then the luchs can just go around it and harass his base or even kill it easily.

I have to say I have not faced UKF that much, so I can't give you much advice here.
31 Jul 2016, 17:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Against brits I almost always go mechanized. Get a luchs and hide it behind some volks when the aec comes out. Then get a puma. Puma can deal with aec at range and is still decent versus a cromwell when that comes out. With vet the OKW puma is amazing, especially stun shot. Turret lock their vehicles and just drive circles around them. Since the brits have no snares and piats aren't good against moving targets, prioritize taking out the aec and finish them off with the luchs. Base rush them hard from a direction you know doesn't have mines and win.

For build order I just play like normal. Get a kubel if the map is good for that sort of thing, or get 3 volks. If the map is building heavy get another sturmpio then 3 volks. Then tech, then branchout from there to adapt.

For commanders I roll Luftwaffe, Scavenge, and Feuerstorm. Fallschrimjaegers are good against soviets and for stealing mortars from USF if they get them. Try to keep them in heavy cover because they are so squishy, but their damage output at any range is amazing. Scavenge is good all around for any situation, I usually take it if I go for medics. Feuersttorm is good for building maps. The flamethrower sturmpios are the only reason to go this doctrine, but they are worth it. Get two of them and vet them up quick, they become monsters. Make sure you save a pio for sweepers if you face Soviets.

If brits get a bofors just base rape them with luchs. Super easy. If they only get a mortar pit try and ignore it until you have some support weapons or a vehicle to clear it out. Bring up an MG-34 when the mortar is braced to hold off their infantry while you wait for the brace to go down.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★