30 Jul 2016, 06:25 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2016, 20:32 PMGdot

Just check the Events page. :bananadance:

I dont see any about the SNF 6 ?
Seb
13 Oct 2016, 14:47 PM
Admin Black Badge

In short: sorry for the downtimes, doing our best to fix them, making progress.

So just to give a quick feedback, after many hours of investigation after every crash (and I'm not proud to say that's a lot), I think I finally found how to properly debug those strange issues we were having.

I can't promise it is fixed for good, I'm actually very pessimistic that it will happen again, but I'm sure now that every future crash will get us closer, which hasn't always been the case.

More technically for those interested, PHP is having segmentation faults. Often it recovers, and sometimes it snowballs into crashing everything, including corrupting the database and making the server totally unstable. This seems linked to some parts of the code. If that's true, we should be good when we detect and fix all of them.
13 Oct 2016, 14:51 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2016, 14:47 PMSeb
In short: sorry for the downtimes, doing our best to fix them, making progress.

So just to give a quick feedback, after many hours of investigation after every crash (and I'm not proud to say that's a lot), I think I finally found how to properly debug those strange issues we were having.

I can't promise it is fixed for good, I'm actually very pessimistic that it will happen again, but I'm sure now that every future crash will get us closer, which hasn't always been the case.

More technically for those interested, PHP is having segmentation faults. Often it recovers, and sometimes it snowballs into crashing everything, including corrupting the database and making the server totally unstable. This seems linked to some parts of the code. If that's true, we should be good when we detect and fix all of them.

Thx for all the work :)
Seb
14 Oct 2016, 15:38 PM
Admin Black Badge

So to help us better debug those issues we are currently on a new server! Some stuff might not work as expected until I finish setting up everything.
14 Oct 2016, 19:06 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Whoah... this other server is like turbomode compared to the old one. Does it seem much faster to everybody else?
14 Oct 2016, 19:10 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Whoah... this other server is like turbomode compared to the old one. Does it seem much faster to everybody else?
Yeah it's pretty good. One thing I've noticed is that certain things give error messages. The two I noticed so far are looking at what another user is browsing from their profile, and searching a specific query. I haven't done any repeat testing though.
Seb
14 Oct 2016, 19:11 PM
Admin Black Badge

Please explain how to reproduce if you find anything still not working. I have fixed most of what I knew I should.

And yes I think it's faster too, at least on the best case it's much faster, the average probably faster but by less.
14 Oct 2016, 19:19 PM
Patrion 14

the site keeps going down. would it be like this from now on?
Seb
14 Oct 2016, 19:25 PM
Admin Black Badge

What kind of going down, and since when are you talking about?

If you mean before today, that's what we're desperately trying to prevent!

If you mean 2 or 3 times in the last few hours, and if it only lasted few seconds, it might just be that I had to restart when I applied new config and stuff like that to make sure everything is in order.

The last restart was around 1 hour ago, if you saw it down since then I would like to know more.

I might however do more of those quick restarts in the near future as I see fit.
15 Oct 2016, 21:56 PM
Patrion 14

well, last 1-2 months, i've gotten anything from literally no response, 404, "Oops! we can get to...". it seems though there are crashes every week.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★