Login

russian armor

People complaining about USF mortar

23 Jul 2016, 19:04 PM

What about the ostheer sniper mortar?

That mortar is seriously overperforming, on all units.
If you have one of your units in green cover, forget about escaping the monstruous aoe this mortar has.
23 Jul 2016, 19:30 PM

They're pretty similar. As someone who plays wehr a lot. I don't see the big deal. The USF mortar is easy to wipe and has near same performance and costs more than the Ost one.
aaa
23 Jul 2016, 19:34 PM

they are retarded imo
23 Jul 2016, 19:58 PM

They're pretty similar. As someone who plays wehr a lot. I don't see the big deal. The USF mortar is easy to wipe and has near same performance and costs more than the Ost one.

Playing vcoh huh?
23 Jul 2016, 21:19 PM

dude it has the same scatter as the Soviet one 8 while usf has 5
Ost mortar has more rate of fire just that and less squad member

And in almost every case it's firing against factions with generally larger squad sizes; hence more HP pool, lower chance of 1-shot RNG. Ost mortar is pretty much fine, USF mortar is completely bugged.
23 Jul 2016, 21:25 PM

It's funny you say that, because 1shot RNG is really comon with wehr mortar.
I've barely had it with ISG, and with usf mortar I don't get as surprised cuz I know its broken.

But werh mortar one shoting units, it happened so much times, even when the units aren't "blobbed" in one point.
I would lose a whole squad of cons to it.

It doesn't have the same scatter as the 82mm, the werh mortar performs like a 120mm.
ok dude http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=pm41_82mm_mortar_mp
stop being a fucking fan boy
23 Jul 2016, 21:44 PM

It's funny you say that, because 1shot RNG is really comon with wehr mortar.
I've barely had it with ISG, and with usf mortar I don't get as surprised cuz I know its broken.

But werh mortar one shoting units, it happened so much times, even when the units aren't "blobbed" in one point.
I would lose a whole squad of cons to it.

It doesn't have the same scatter as the 82mm, the werh mortar performs like a 120mm.

Unfortunately, the stats just don't back up your claim (as others have pointed out).

RNG isn't weighted, so it can't be "more common" on any unit. Scatter, RoF and (iirc) even damage are superior on the USF mortar, so I just don't see any way that the OST mortar could possibly be performing better.
24 Jul 2016, 00:07 AM

Playing vcoh huh?

No. Just being unbiased and realistic.
24 Jul 2016, 02:26 AM

Did the Longshot_Cobra deleted all his replies or something? I see quotes tho.

It has been very much obvious to everyone that the usf mortar is bugged. The Ost one is fine, imo. 2 usf mortars just completely destroyed Ost units due to the bug and the small Ost squad size. I'm fine with the small squad size, but seeing people go duel mortars as usf every single game then rifleblobs Ost to dead just breaks the game right now
24 Jul 2016, 02:59 AM

The mortar is obviously overperforming, it just doesn't miss. As long as the unit it's aiming at doesn't move it'll pretty much always hit, and on top of that still has the fastest ROF.

It's op even without the tracking bug.

I feel bad using it, but there are just some maps where going full rifles is just like tying a hand behind your back. I just wish a patch would come out already so I can use it without all the guilt
24 Jul 2016, 04:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tried to clean the thread. Once and for all, i'm gonna do the hardwork and paste the stats.
stats.coh2.hu links for AA and barrage

When it list reload, it's the compound of Reload time, the average of min/max rdy aim time and wind up/down. Not sure if it should include fire aim time as well, but to make it simple i'll just take this "general" reload. I haven't check the files, so i'm assuming the values are correct.

RELOAD AA/Barrage:
USF: 6.71/3.31
OH: 8.31/4.31
SU: 10.94/7.01 n 120mm 13.65/8.80

Scatter max distance AA/Barrage
USF: 5/8
OH: 8/7
SU: 8/6 n 120mm 10/8

Scatter max angle AA/Barrage
I owe you this atm cause i found something more interesting (see MHT/USF mortar)

If someone is willing to explain how scatter max distance and angle works do so cause i'm not gonna bother with it.

Damage: they all cap at 80.

AoE:
Distance and damage profile for normal mortars
1.0: 80 2.0: 40 3.0: 20
Distance and damage profile for 120mm AA
1.5: 80 3.0: 40 4.5: 20
For 120mm barrage
1.1: 80 3.5: 40 4.5: 20

If anyone wonders why the USF is a sniper, it's because on top of it's stats, it get's a perfomance boost at vet1 -20% scatter which later stacks at vet2 as well. Other mortar only benefits once at vet2.

Range:
On AA it's 80 for all and 100 on the 120mm. They all get an increased barrage range at vet 3 (33%).

Take what you want from it.
24 Jul 2016, 08:29 AM

If anyone wonders why the USF is a sniper, it's because on top of it's stats, it get's a perfomance boost at vet1 -20% scatter which later stacks at vet2 as well. Other mortar only benefits once at vet2.

Range:
On AA it's 80 for all and 100 on the 120mm. They all get an increased barrage range at vet 3 (33%).

Take what you want from it.

actually, the USF have two -20% scatter bonus at vet 1 and another two -20% scatter at vet2.

the final bonus is around -60% scatter at vet 2. (.80 ^4)

the USF 81mm also have a +33% bonus on its autofire range at vet 3, the only mortar to do so.
24 Jul 2016, 16:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

actually, the USF have two -20% scatter bonus at vet 1 and another two -20% scatter at vet2.

the final bonus is around -60% scatter at vet 2. (.80 ^4)

the USF 81mm also have a +33% bonus on its autofire range at vet 3, the only mortar to do so.

I was wondering if that was correct
Code

0xC4DDB307/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/weapon_scatter/target_type_name = "hardpoint_01"
0xC4DDB307/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/weapon_scatter/usage_type = "multiplication"
0xC4DDB307/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/weapon_scatter/value = 0.8

squad_actions/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/range_weapon_modifier/$REF = "modifiers\range_weapon_modifier.lua"
squad_actions/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/range_weapon_modifier/application_type = "apply_to_weapon"
squad_actions/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/range_weapon_modifier/exclusive = false
squad_actions/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/range_weapon_modifier/modifier_id = ""
squad_actions/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/range_weapon_modifier/negative_tooltip = 11001780
squad_actions/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/range_weapon_modifier/positive_tooltip = 11001781
squad_actions/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/range_weapon_modifier/target_type_name = "hardpoint_01"
squad_actions/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/range_weapon_modifier/usage_type = "multiplication"
squad_actions/apply_modifiers_action/modifiers/range_weapon_modifier/value = 1.33

The first part been repeated at vet 1 and vet 2. Also, what's the point on having hardpoint 1 2 3 and 4 ?
24 Jul 2016, 16:36 PM

I was wondering if that was correct
[code]
The first part been repeated at vet 1 and vet 2. Also, what's the point on having hardpoint 1 2 3 and 4 ?

Since the veterancy system changes they implemented back when people raised a stink about stacking, veterancy will only apply to the hardpoint targeted rather than to all weapons on the unit. As such, if you want to improve alternate attacks or secondary weapons, you'll have to have the bonuses repeated for every hardpoint you wish them to apply to.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
Korea, Republic Of 3
Russian Federation 114
unknown 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %