Login

russian armor

(OKW Recon Pass)

24 Jul 2016, 02:51 AM

Omega you are losing your credibility more and more with all these allied biased rants. There is a reason problems such as USF mortar takes up a lot of space on The forums: it is a problem that breaks The game.

You should nuance your posts more. The allied biasness is too obvious

Are you insinuating that I believe this issue is more important then the USF mortar, because i definitely don't. I even believe allies have the advantage this patch. It's just that we've been talking about the damn mortar for a month now and it's getting repetitive.

I was simply trying to point out the ridiculousness of relics implementation of things like this. Perticularly in such an obvious case where there is such an obvious disparity between other similiar abilities. It's actually very similiar issue to the crappy balancing that's given us the us the mortar.

It's pretty obvious my wording of the title seems to have given many people the wrong impression, especially since the same thread with a different title on the official forums is much more civil. So if any mods are reading this can they please change the title simply to "OKW Recon Pass".
24 Jul 2016, 03:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's pretty obvious my wording of the title seems to have given many people the wrong impression, especially since the same thread with a different title on the official forums is much more civil. So if any mods are reading this can they please change the title simply to "OKW Recon Pass".

Done.

My input:
-It's fine. It's equal to CAS recon (both in cost and CP IIRC).
-If USF one are underperforming, then improve those. Recon sweep can't be targeted and IMO the vision should persist a bit more to offset timing, powerlevel of commander and cost.
-Someone mentioned smoke plane drop. I'll rather be able to drop it everywhere without the plane giving vision.
-Someone mentioned For mother Russia and i assume he meant Valiant Assault (For the Fatherland is a completely different ability). I do think it should be improve to a similar or equal level.

24 Jul 2016, 04:46 AM

Thanks

Also I think it's important to take into consideration the commanders that these come in as well.

For ostheer, CAS is a extremely munitions intensive commander. It's only design is constant air support, and using the recon however cheap it is directly impacts your ability to use the rest of the commander, therefore you wont really see players abuse it other then for cheap arty wipes.

But luftwaffe isn't as munitions intensive. And at it's cheap cost there's not really a choice here. For each airborne assault you can use the recon 7 times. It's pretty much the cost of a nade and is just sort of sitting there whenever you feel like knowing what your opponent is doing. It's not really much of a choice as it is a convenience.

Then on the US side their recons cost the same as their upgrades. They pretty much have to make a direct choice between intellegence or actual firepower.
24 Jul 2016, 20:34 PM

Then a good trade off for a cost nerf to the recon would be to buff Elite Armored doc's Panzer Commander to be as good as the Brit's tank commander, since Panzer Commander is overpriced AND useless.
26 Jul 2016, 00:46 AM

a 15 muni cost increase to nerf late game dive bombs is peaches and cream.

And, well I really dont want to go into anymore of a debate so take this next part with a cup of salt but literally no one has tried the stuka dive bomb recon thing on me and succeeded in accomplishing much since well, cas got nerfed. And this is from someone that mains 2v2/2v2 usf.

Have a nice day

Lol, come play against me as OST with the Luftwaffles Commander.
26 Jul 2016, 04:00 AM
Patrion 14

One thing that noone has mentioned yet about the US recon runs in mech and recon (probably because noone besides me uses them) is that they can't be shot down. Not saying this justifies the large price discrepancy, but its still a pretty good bonus, especially on huge maps like 4v4 shitfests.
1 Aug 2016, 06:56 AM

Then a good trade off for a cost nerf to the recon would be to buff Elite Armored doc's Panzer Commander to be as good as the Brit's tank commander, since Panzer Commander is overpriced AND useless.

Wow, people even remember about that piece of shit.

I completely forgot it's existence...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 33
Mexico 20
unknown 5
Philippines 1
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W