Login

russian armor

Minor Nations Commanders - New Project join everyone!

22 Jul 2016, 20:04 PM

Hi guys Im Slinger

Currently Company of Heroes 2 consists of five main factions: Great Britain, United States Forces, Soviet Union and two germanic factions. However many more nations were involved in the struggle for freedem during Second World War. Our goal therefore is to select one of the minor nations such as (Italians, Canadians or Poles), create a well balanced commander consisting only of their national units and persuade relic into implementing it into the game.

Project address:
http://coh2project.wixsite.com/project

strawpall:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10804465

Cheers,
Slinger
22 Jul 2016, 20:16 PM

I would vote for the Poles only if they got Lancer calvary to charge the germans!
22 Jul 2016, 20:55 PM

I love the idea, hope it actually gets implemented. I voted Italians and Hungarians because they had tanks and SPGs of their own design and that would make them very unique
22 Jul 2016, 21:01 PM

@iron knee
thanks a bunch for the kind words, maybe you are interested in participating in this project then plesase contact us. My motto is "think big but make little steps", so no-one would force you to do anything you dont want to. You could do as little as you want and it would still mean a lot to us.
If on the other hand you are not interested on participating at this time, please forward this project to anyone, every person matter. And once more I want to thank you so much for your kind words, they mean a lot to me.

Cheers,
Slinger
Phy
23 Jul 2016, 00:02 AM

Nice project. Keep it up and good luck.
23 Jul 2016, 00:51 AM

I'm glad I could convince you to put it up here :D

However, I maintain that other nations are too big for commanders and too small for factions. Subfaction system pls.
23 Jul 2016, 01:02 AM

In my opinion Romanian and Hungarian should be on Ostheer, the 'Eastern' Germans. The Canadian and Australians should be British as they were members of the Commonwealth and fought in their name. The US would then get the French Commander, since the US was significant in equipping the Free French Forces.

I further think Romania and Hungary could be combined into one Commander.

If I may suggest units:
nee
23 Jul 2016, 01:26 AM

They're not going to make brand new commanders that utilize entirely new unit models and voices. They also don't just make them in English either.

Also, I'm sure they don't want to "racialize" commanders, either. Their primary goal is to make money through balanced design, not make money by having a whole sleuth of the same stuff but they all have different skins and accents.
If you really want that, you can try Total War, where they succeed in making a whole rainbow of nations and their own units, but fail to make them operate usefully or in any truly unique manner, and so result in a very bland mess that's not even balanced.
23 Jul 2016, 01:48 AM
Patrion 14

canada ftw
23 Jul 2016, 03:32 AM

All will be solved in time, first I need volunteers for the team. The more people we get the faster the work will go. Thats why I want to ask you a favor to either sign up or spread the word :) thanks a bunch guys
26 Jul 2016, 02:08 AM

Have you reached out to Relic in any way? Perhaps at least gotten their blessing to try? I just think it would be a shame to put a lot of work into this project only for Relic to say no at the end.
28 Jul 2016, 16:26 PM

Hell, why not ? I want to help, but after stage 4 I'll be kind of useless tho. Anyway, good luck !
28 Jul 2016, 16:32 PM

Love the idea. Wierd that it came out so late.

Though i don't understand why Canadians should be in USF. They had UKF equipment.

KEEP CALM AND VOTE FOR POLES! :D
3 Aug 2016, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2016, 02:08 AMWilson
Have you reached out to Relic in any way? Perhaps at least gotten their blessing to try? I just think it would be a shame to put a lot of work into this project only for Relic to say no at the end.

Ofcourse, first thing I've done was conacting relic on this matter, they still didnt respond. But I figured that even if they wouldnt respond we would try make at least one commander and maybe try to convince them after.

@xalvissx

Im very happe you want to help, please contact me on private messages or at the project gmail.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★