Login

russian armor

Halp

21 Jul 2016, 17:46 PM

What to do when a okw build his AA HQ on VP + antitank emplacement + a canon ? just played vs dat reckless faggotry and couldn't do a thing.

In early he blobed while avoiding my mgs and my infantry couldn't contest.
mid game he had all his emplacement and late he had konigs. konigs came alone reckt my 2 Atgun and my cromwell. the rest of my army got reckt by the konigs alone.

when i saw HQ i did a mortar pit and a land matress but he killed the mortar pit in one salve with his canon which was out of mortar range (i did brace) and 1 landmatress wasn't strong enough to take on the canon.
21 Jul 2016, 17:58 PM

may be with landmatress smoke on HQ, rush AT emplacement with infantry and pray dat his blob ain't right next to it. meanwhile flanking his canon with cromwell and pray again dat his infantry ain't on his path to x5 faust him ? never smoked with landmatress but i believe it will just cover ATg empalement aswell protecting him from my infantry (if i cross smoke i get rekt by HQ)
4 Aug 2016, 16:17 PM

I think this would be hard to counter if youre 1v1...if not, youre team mates should be helping you. I wouldn't advise a "campy" strat against this sort of thing. I usually try to play more aggressively against OKW, since I know that building emplacements almost never works (against any enemy who knows their stuff, really). They'll just mortar/ ISG your emplacements. Better off spending resources on IS, or other units. Try not to let them dig in. If you must, I would advise a mortar pit, but that's it. Yes, land mattress is also effective, but I think by that point, he'll have enough force to just come and kill it; unless you've got some 6 pndrs and MGs waiting... That's just my two cents.
5 Aug 2016, 04:46 AM
Donator 11

Which map?
Early game went how?
Where did he place the T3?
How long did the game last?
VPs?

Small hint: OKW T3 has less range than your indirect fire & AT guns. So just saturating it will get the job done, or at least become very costly and annoying if he repairs.

Anyways, sounds like a lot of minor mistakes were made, positioning errors, timings, focusing too much on wrong targets... a replay would really help:
https://www.coh2.org/forum/109/replay-reviews

5 Aug 2016, 14:22 PM

Minsk
I dominated very early then he blobbed (beating my IS) and dodged mg. i did a mortar pit to counter his blob and to hit his AA HQ. quand i finally could push mid vp i fell on 3 emplacements, his canon one salved my mortar pit and from there i couldn't do anything until konig attacked alone, beating 2 6 pounder, a cromwell, a firefly, a mg and the land matress. konig totally disrespecting my whole army.
5 Aug 2016, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2016, 14:22 PMHven
Minsk
I dominated very early then he blobbed (beating my IS) and dodged mg. i did a mortar pit to counter his blob and to hit his AA HQ. quand i finally could push mid vp i fell on 3 emplacements, his canon one salved my mortar pit and from there i couldn't do anything until konig attacked alone, beating 2 6 pounder, a cromwell, a firefly, a mg and the land matress. konig totally disrespecting my whole army.

and dont you have a replay ?

Did you fire from afar with your firefly? it have bigger range than konigtiger, also its rockets can temporaly stun konig and so you can give it finishing blow with pounders and firefly. You will surely hit them because tiger is slow
6 Aug 2016, 20:35 PM

don't have replay. don't remember much now. when i could kill konig, he just retreated and i couldn't finish it due to antitank emplacement. Konig wasn't the problem, the game ended b4 it was on the field. i couldn't do a thing once his empacements were built. my question is basically: "how to deal AA HQ on VP + antitank emplacement + a canon". i saw the AAHQ when it was in construction but then u pushed me around with his blob and couldn't spot the others b4 it was too late. his canon shot from afar and one salved the mortar pit i did for his AAHQ. Landmastress wasn't strong enough on it's own. i don't think cromwell or land matress smoke could have done anything usefull. maybe smoke AT emplacement w/landmatress then sneak behind with cromwell to attack canon ? chance i lose crowell to some shrek/faust with at best a useless decrew of the canon.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★