Login

russian armor

Ideas for new USA opening design

• This thread is locked
19 Jul 2016, 14:43 PM

In the latest patch relic gives USA the mortar unit to counter Axis's hmg suppression. Which, as many has mentioned, is overlapped with the function of rifleman's grenade pack and does not quite fit into the high mobility design of the faction. So here is my ideas on the unit and ability changes: replace the mortar unit with the WC51, and gives RE a new ability to fire a smoke grenade while inside the WC51 truck. The smoke ability has less range than rifleman's one but cost less munition or is free of charge with longer cool down.

I think this design provides more mobility and flexible to the USA opening and it makes RE more useful as a support unit. With the changes they can provide indirct fire(in a fighting position), suppression(volley fire) and the cheap smoke cover which US need for early game. The WC51 also allows player to explore more creative opening building other than the boring 3/4 rifleman opening. What do you guys think?
19 Jul 2016, 15:27 PM

Or WC51 or Sniper in T0. Better sinper, cos we have already Kubel in OKW T0, we have Bren Carrier in UKF T0... Light vehicle in T0 is not something "uniqe", "assymetrical". T0 sniper would perfectly work as HMG counter instead of somehow OP mortar, and wouldn't look like another copypasting.

19 Jul 2016, 16:33 PM

Or WC51 or Sniper in T0. Better sinper, cos we have already Kubel in OKW T0, we have Bren Carrier in UKF T0... Light vehicle in T0 is not something "uniqe", "assymetrical". T0 sniper would perfectly work as HMG counter instead of somehow OP mortar, and wouldn't look like another copypasting.

Sniper is broken even with defensive factions.

Imagine sniper with rifles and fast stuart instaed ostheer one that have to hide behind grens and pak
19 Jul 2016, 16:33 PM

What do you mean by "does not quite fit into the high mobility design of the faction"? It's a support weapon like the .50 cal and M1 57mm AT gun, do we remove those too since they don't "quite fit into the high mobility design of the faction" then?

I would (if I was Lelic) try to fix the M1 81mm Mortar first and see how it goes after it's fixed since we've played with a buggy and broken mortar since it's release, and then think about what to do next, either replace it with the WC51 like you suggested OR add the WC51 AS WELL without replacing the Mortar. Edit: Or leave it as it is.

There was an idea by somebody (forgot who) to add the WC51 to T0 and replace it with the Pershing in the Mech Company to give it more of a reason since Mech alongside Recon is at the bottom of USF's company ratings atm of usability.

Also, the Mortar wasn't just added because of it's Smoke ability, it was added to spice up the rifle rifle rifle opening, at least it's rifle mortar rifle mortar now or something like that atm.

To be honest I would love to see Relic add animations to the M1919A4 Machine gun and M2 60mm Mortar (and secretly hoping they also do the British 3-inch mortar) since they already have models in game and try experimenting with those instead, for example replace the .50 cal with the Mortar and put the M1919A4 in T0, just as an example, throwing it out there.
19 Jul 2016, 16:36 PM

I like the WC51 idea but not the "smoke on RE".
It would be like the Jeep in vCOH :D

P.S. USF didn't need a mortar, adding it was not well thought! USF needed something (Jeep :D) but not a mortar!
19 Jul 2016, 16:58 PM

YEAH PLEASE MORE USELESS REVAMPS
MORE MORE MORE

also more stupid ideas from misscommisar pls, i really dig them :facepalm:
19 Jul 2016, 17:16 PM

Now that, I fully 100% agree with.
19 Jul 2016, 17:23 PM

YEAH PLEASE MORE USELESS REVAMPS
MORE MORE MORE

Why stupid? Adding MG-34 as stock unit to OKW wasn't stupid, but adding sniper in T0 is?

I don't see that as something bad, but of course - such changes should be tested. If such sniper unit will cost more, than usual snipers (like MG-42 in T0 costs more than... stop, thats... anyway) - I think, it won't be OP. Cos as any sniper unit - calling it slows your early game and progress, cos snipers costs a lot and producing very long + without decent micro you can lose it instantly.

And again, without mentioning obvious bugs - M1 mortar is FINE!
19 Jul 2016, 17:25 PM

IMO, the USF should have had Rifles, REs, AssEngies and an M3 in tier 1. With officers having smoke, REs getting a grenade launcher that makes them a mini-mortar with a smoke barrage that just outranges MGs, AssEngies getting a snare and the M3 offering minor fire support, LoS and can set up to heal/reinforce once an officer is researched, it would force better combined arms.

But that's like Commissar levels of ridiculous fantasy. In reality, buffing all the useless doctrinal crap US has is the better way to go. WC51 and AssEngies are meh, IR Pathfinders are really just there for artillery call-ins and the Greyhound is one of the top contenders for most useless piece of crap in game.
19 Jul 2016, 17:50 PM

Jeep in T0 yesyesyes mechanized galore
nee
19 Jul 2016, 22:06 PM

lol T0 Mortar, two mainline infantry, ambulance, and to top it all off, a T0 sniper.
19 Jul 2016, 22:12 PM

This would have been SOOOO much easier from the start if Relic made the weaponless WC51 T0 with 20 muni upgrades to .30 Cal MG for early game armor or Triage Support (Ambulance Reskin). So from T0, you can get

REs for support

Reefermen for everything

WC51 for mechanized play and fast capping with RE

and Mechanized Doctrine 1st ability was for the WC51 to instead have an upgrade for .50 cal MG instead of .30 cal for MORE FIREPOWER.
19 Jul 2016, 22:40 PM
Donator 11

The WC-51 is pretty much useless, especially for its cost, since okw got fausts.

It was great against okw if you could use the super-early game superiority in 1v1s, but if you didn't manage to break the resistance until early-mid game you ware in a very bad position. Now, with okw having faust, its cost still kills your fast tech, even if you didn't have to choose fun but bad mechanised commander, but you have no real advantage from having it. Especially as it was best used when standing right on top of enemy soldiers, or even pushing them out of cover.
19 Jul 2016, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2016, 22:12 PMGrittle
This would have been SOOOO much easier from the start if Relic made the weaponless WC51 T0 with 20 muni upgrades to .30 Cal MG for early game armor or Triage Support (Ambulance Reskin). So from T0, you can get

REs for support

Reefermen for everything

WC51 for mechanized play and fast capping with RE

and Mechanized Doctrine 1st ability was for the WC51 to instead have an upgrade for .50 cal MG instead of .30 cal for MORE FIREPOWER.

+1.

I am happy with 3 or 4 rifle opening. Being able to get a morter for variety does not interest me.

That said I do like options and flexibility against certain axis builds. I resent needing to tech or choose a commander to deal with an mg or 2 mg that made it imto a vital house.

Add WC-51 with upgrades and fuel cost to deal with kubel spam and to scout.

Add flames and smoke to re but remove smoke from rifles. Move morter to lt teir.

25 Mar 2018, 22:59 PM
Donator 11

I'd rather just have a flamethrower RE upgrade or something... or for nades to not cost me an arm and a leg in a 2v2 match and swing back my tech 2-3 minutes while I get stomped by a p4.

USF Tech lacks b/c we think the Riflemen should be the do all end all unit when in fact its brittle in a lot of cases that can often be the most punishing opening to play with.

26 Mar 2018, 07:33 AM

Look at the date of posting please.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Peru 23
unknown 17
United Kingdom 211
Germany 40
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #