Login

russian armor

Your favorite gameplay moments!

18 Jul 2013, 19:55 PM

With all the hubbub and dissapointment people seem to have, I thought it would be nice to post some of your favorite moments\dialogue\experiences you have had thus far. Take a step back and immerse yourself into the greatest conflict in human history, what did you notice?

Me personally, I was watching a replay zoomed in on some grens to appreciate their expressions and small details when a german screamed "AIIIIRRRRR RAIIIIIIDDD!!!" In a desperate terrfying tone. Seconds later the IL2 appeared strafing the german position, the grens narrowly escaped but the same couldnt be said about the poor pak gunners which had survived the majority of the game. It was great and even stirred a little emotion from me for those poor pak gunners. I just loved the germans scream tbough, gave me chills and reminded of the book "forgotten Soldier" by guy sajer. Its a must read but not for the faint of heart, the book is brutal.

18 Jul 2013, 20:29 PM

great idea, and I would post one of my own, but I can't remember having any. :unsure:

Most of the time I spent trying to find my own units on the screen somewhere right in front of me. There was this one time though I sent my first pioneer to cap it's third point in the start of a game and all 4 died to a single soviet mine without having fired one shot. that does stick out in my memory. I don't remember much else except a vague but overwhelming sense of boredom, sorry. o_O
18 Jul 2013, 23:53 PM

Just 1 pioneer? I lost my first two gren squads to a single soviet mine on the Pripyat bridge. Instant GG.
19 Jul 2013, 00:03 AM

Had a pretty close match on c17 winter. The enemy had a Tiger that scared all my armor away, so I gave him some space while i monitored him closely and repositioned my armor acordingly. I had two 34, medium version,and a SU-85. At the moment his tiger drove into a narrow street I rushed in with one T-34 to ram him up front, while the other two rushed to the oposite end of the street. The Tiger was rendered defenseless and pounded to pieces. One of those rare moments where your planning works perfect and the enemy goes right into your trap.
19 Jul 2013, 00:23 AM

My best moment so far is when I counter sniped a soviet sniper.
19 Jul 2013, 01:01 AM

19 Jul 2013, 01:45 AM

^^^ never seen it or done it.

You can do it. Your opponent just needs to be brain dead.

Anyways, I personally have no one favourite moment. My favourite moments in general are just the games that lead to intent cross-map microing of 5 or 6 different squads at once, and winning. That's just intense satisfaction.

For a single moment since I've played? Maybe when I fought an IS-2 for the first time and managed to keep my cool.

http://youtu.be/TeKfFG7tQpE?t=27m59s

From that point on was pretty good on my part
19 Jul 2013, 02:34 AM

^^^ never seen it or done it.

This guy didn't pay no attention as his sniper was coming out of his base...
19 Jul 2013, 07:22 AM

In a 2v2 I was playing with my friend, they had just mass retreated and I used fear propaganda on their men collected around their HQ, then we both sent in IL-2 bombing strikes. The game was already over but it was devastating =)

PS: ^^^ loving the Eddie avatar
19 Jul 2013, 08:28 AM
Donator 11

my favourite moment was in a 2v2 on prypjat winter. we had allmost no vps anymore, but were finally able to get an elephant with scope into the middle. from now on, thsi thing sniped like 5 or 6 tanks at 100meters range :D
19 Jul 2013, 09:44 AM
Patrion 14

My PzGrens are shrekked-up and hiding in a tiny building on C-17, in response to serious SU-85 spam. They come out with that great line about not being able to use bazookas in confined spaces and "did you read the fucking instruction manual!" At this point one of those massive Russki mortar bombs goes off, levels the little building and they all die.

Hey, I lost a Vet 2 PzGren squad but it still made me laugh.
19 Jul 2013, 09:47 AM

my favourite gameplay moment was when i stomped Hans very hard Kappa
19 Jul 2013, 10:25 AM

19 Jul 2013, 21:21 PM

my favorite game play moments.

1)there was this German mg. that was pissing me off. i manage to flank and killit. then the conscript said what was exactly on my mind.

"i fucking hate machinnneeeeeee gunnnnssssssss"

2) recieving a front shoot with my t32, while it closes in to ram the elephant. as the suporting army closes in on the elephant i finish it with 2 katyushas. "oh katyusha on the riverbank singing about his beloved hero".
19 Jul 2013, 22:08 PM

Beating a person who abuses strafe.
19 Jul 2013, 23:29 PM

my favorite game play moments.

1)there was this German mg. that was pissing me off. i manage to flank and killit. then the conscript said what was exactly on my mind.

"i fucking hate machinnneeeeeee gunnnnssssssss"

2) recieving a front shoot with my t32, while it closes in to ram the elephant. as the suporting army closes in on the elephant i finish it with 2 katyushas. "oh katyusha on the riverbank singing about his beloved hero".

"I....HATE...MACHINEGUNEEAAAANSSSS"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS