Login

russian armor

Matchmaking is Very Bad!

• This thread is locked
15 Jul 2016, 09:41 AM

So as you can read the title there's something wrong when playing in multiplayer, alot of inexperienced players are added into the game when playing 2vs2 and more and its so unfair! and game is over too early! This is my second account and i have 1000 hrs of play on the old one, and i know what im talking about. It used to be much better before in 2015 before the HUGE Relic sales which ruined the game and ended up adding many bad players who don't even how to play! This has been happening for the past few weeks, and cost me 3 ranks down when playing 3vs3 i keep losing becuase of bad teammates, i swear there is always this player who will be camping, spamming the wrong unit and doing nothing or building fuel caches in the first 5 mins and cant even counter attack or react to a situation and its happening at levels 11 and 12! and sometimes teammates are amazing and matches easily won with good tactics and coordination! i know im not the best and i do mistakes myself as well but i still have skills and knowledge all around the game, its very unfair because i have to play for too long and at the end we lose because of players who aren't supposed to be in the game! many players should be in lower ranks i dont understand how can they be in the same level as im when they cant even play properly and lose because of bad micro? i dont mind waiting for 20 mins for matchmaking, all i need is a fair game with players with the same level and experience please do something!
15 Jul 2016, 10:09 AM

So as you can read the title there's something wrong when playing in multiplayer, alot of inexperienced players are added into the game when playing 2vs2 and more and its so unfair! and game is over too early! This is my second account and i have 1000 hrs of play on the old one, and i know what im talking about. It used to be much better before in 2015 before the HUGE Relic sales which ruined the game and ended up adding many bad players who don't even how to play! This has been happening for the past few weeks, and cost me 3 ranks down when playing 3vs3 i keep losing becuase of bad teammates, i swear there is always this player who will be camping, spamming the wrong unit and doing nothing or building fuel caches in the first 5 mins and cant even counter attack or react to a situation its happening at levels 11 and 12! and sometimes teammates are amazing and matches easily won with good tactics and coordination! i know im not the best and i do mistakes as well but i still have skills and knowledge all around the game, its very unfair because i have to play for too long and at the end we lose because of players who arent supposed to be in the game! many players should be in lower ranks i dont understand how can they be in the same level as im when they cant even play properly and lose because of bad micro? i dont mind waiting for 20 mins for matchmaking, all i need is a fair game with players with the same level and experience please do something!

Players without rank, play in random position on ladder, than obtain correct rank. In this reason you can sometimes gain nonsuitable teammates. It is a tax for playing in random team.
(and many times mates leave in no reason)

Solutions is finding steady teammates and play AT.
15 Jul 2016, 10:20 AM

typical answer from a crybaby "getting paired with bad players, that most likely means you're one of them " if you cant give a solution or discuss like a grown up individual you better say something useful or nothing, ive been playing this game for a year and half and its my second time to post something here because ive taken enough
15 Jul 2016, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 10:09 AMAradan

Players without rank, play in random position on ladder, than obtain correct rank. In this reason you can sometimes gain nonsuitable teammates. It is a tax for playing in random team.
(and many times mates leave in no reason)

i have teammates but the problem is we have timing problem as i live in the middle east region and they live in Europe or USA, so we cant play all the time since i play 8 hours a day everyday.
15 Jul 2016, 10:23 AM

Never play team games with random allies. The only outcome will be frustration. Even if your allies don't suck you will still face people that are playing together and talking over TS/Skype and thus be much better organized.
15 Jul 2016, 10:24 AM

i have teammates but the problem is we have timing problem as i live in the middle east region and they live in Europe or USA, so we cant play all the time since i play 8 hours a day everyday.

Lol
15 Jul 2016, 10:26 AM

typical answer from a crybaby "getting paired with bad players, that most likely means you're one of them " if you cant give a solution or discuss like a grown up individual you better say something useful or nothing, ive been playing this game for a year and half and its my second time to post something here because ive taken enough

I find this post to be the most ironical thing these forums have conceived this year.

If after 1000 of hours you are being paired all the time with bad players, that means matchmaking is definitely NOT the main issue here.

But your "grown up" attitude clearly tells us that you will not accept any advice or hints and definitely do not look for them either.

Apply your own advice to yourself.

You gave us no background what so ever-you're just ranting.
15 Jul 2016, 10:36 AM

Share your player card so we can see if it's matchmaking or something else.
15 Jul 2016, 11:09 AM
15 Jul 2016, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 10:09 AMAradan

^
15 Jul 2016, 11:31 AM

Oftenly i was matched with noob level 150+ in 2v2, no matter that i was rank 10.
15 Jul 2016, 12:01 PM

Just play 1v1
15 Jul 2016, 12:23 PM

Yep that's why I turned to 1v1 back in Vcoh. Once I lost my steady team mates it was very frustrating. The best thing with 1v1 - You can only blame yourself for the loss. Makes it much easier to admit defeat imo, and potentially learn from it.
15 Jul 2016, 12:27 PM
Patrion 310

Matchmaker will sometimes screw you over. It happens to everyone and it happens both ways.

If you are consistently losing then you are probably part of the problem. If it was just the matchmaker then it would swing the other way sometimes, meaning you are fighting vs a poorly matched team rather than the other way around.

What are you doing to ensure a win? Are you actually playing as a team or just wondering off to one side of the map doing your own thing?

There are several things you can do to boost your chances of winning in team games:

• Dont auto pick a commander, wait for awhile and see what your own team pick to make sure you get a balanced choice or one that synergises well together. Talk to your team to find out what they intend to do and adapt off that info
  • Discuss with your team build orders and what they plan to tech for and adapt off of that. If a soviet team mate is going t1 you might need to provide mgs or AT especially if he has no guard commanders etc - stuff like that
  • Assist team mates (even if they are not very good) when they are attacking / defending. Sometimes they only need a bit of help to stay on the map
  • Dont be a twat. Don't go pinging all over the map crying like a baby. Be polite. Talk to your team. If they are doing something wrong then help that out in a polite and civilised manner not acting like its WW3.

Or as other people have said, don't play randoms.

I play all random team games a lot (and probably the best qualified in the thread and maybe even the forum) and have high ranks in them all. If you want help then post some replays up and people can offer help on what to improve.

The other thing that may help you (or hinder you depending on your attitude) is a program called CELO https://www.coh2.org/topic/18454/celo-company-of-elo. This will display your ranks as well as your team mates and will give you a rough idea of the matchmaking.
15 Jul 2016, 13:42 PM

What are you doing to ensure a win? Are you actually playing as a team?

Especially when all of your teammates left this dead game and yourself playing once a month because you getting matched with low level noobs every time no matter how good you are. It became especially frustrating last 3 months.
15 Jul 2016, 13:45 PM

From what I can tell matchmaking in 2v2s is calculated by averaging the rank of both players - which can be dicey depending on how it works out. For example after some matches I'll see that one team will be something like Rank 100 + Rank 700 vs. Rank 300 and Rank 500.

The problem is if the match turns into two 1v1s then it can often turn into a rout if the 100 dominates vs. the 500 or the 300 dominates vs. the 700 early on. Oftentimes the team that wins is the team that shores up any potential mismatches with teamwork. Of course it gets real ugly when you're on the end that gets "Rank 700 playing like Rank 1500" and its borderline impossible to carry the match that hard but dems the breaks.
15 Jul 2016, 14:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Complaining about random teammates is as helpful as complaining about the night returning every day. Switch to 1v1 or find some teammates to play with.
15 Jul 2016, 14:23 PM

2v2 matchmaking wise is fine, but once in a while you are guaranteed to get a bad teammate, this is just the reality of things

tbh 1 out of 20 players who I team up with is a terrible player, leaves in the first 5 minutes, rages at you for not helping him all the time, loses units just because of his own stupidity etc but you get used to that after 1000 games of random teams :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★