Login

russian armor

Too much artillery?

14 Jul 2016, 15:09 PM

Artillery and indirect fire are typically the natural counters for stationary units.

A similar question could be asked: Have you noticed an increase in stationary gameplay in 2v2s?

I would say yes, especially since British release, because well, obvious reasons.
14 Jul 2016, 15:44 PM

I think this adds realism to the game. Arty was a big problem to deal with in war, and so it is in the game. Destroy arty or arty will destroy you.
14 Jul 2016, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 15:44 PMricc
Arty was a big problem to deal with in war, and so it is in the game. Destroy arty or arty will destroy you.

Unless it's a field howitzer.
14 Jul 2016, 15:48 PM

Maybe you can take the arguments I made seriously or you didn't understand anything past my post's first sentence and that's why you cut it out?

He's a narcisstic troll who basically dismisses everyone's opinion with "playercard plz", let it go.
14 Jul 2016, 15:50 PM

He's a narcisstic troll who basically dismisses everyone's opinion with "playercard plz", let it go.

Haha all right, I didn't know.
14 Jul 2016, 15:57 PM

"OKW player builds JT, allied players build ISU to counter JT."

wait wut
14 Jul 2016, 16:32 PM

wait wut

In 2014, many high level 1v1s ended with a duel between a JT and an ISU. The ISU was much stronger back then, as was the JT.
14 Jul 2016, 17:04 PM

In 2014, many high level 1v1s ended with a duel between a JT and an ISU. The ISU was much stronger back then, as was the JT.

You're quite insane here you know.
Ele and JT rolled over ISU effortlessly.

You're talking exclusively about AI potential here.
14 Jul 2016, 17:30 PM

Arty is too random and easy to dodge, rarely pays for itself.
14 Jul 2016, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- If you don't want to play campy arty fest ban the proper maps.

Ummmmm except with cancer emplacement it forces axis players to counter using Leig/105mm/Stuka etc, so yes he is correct

Just saying...................

2- If you haven't done point 1, there has always been a decent amount of artillery on the game on 2v2+

-Joint Operations meta (LeFH no cooldown)
-T2 into T4 PV + PW spam
-120mm of doom vs MHT meta and Turbomortar vs Precision strike
-152 Howitzer actually good
-B4 precision strike vs CAS (Stuka) meta
-Stuka zu fuss release + Fortifications KT meta
-Overbuffed Katyushas n PW
-Pack Howie and mostly ISG spam meta
-CalliOP
-Suxton (kappa)
-UKF release (vanilla brace with stand fast)
-UKF cancer + Land mattress commanders

Now we are on Precision strike USF mortar era.

If we talk about numbers, ISG meta had the biggest amount, closely followed by vanilla brace (double mortar pit = 4 mortars + Bofor) and cancer commander on small maps.
If we talk about impact, B4 precision strike, random wipes from the 120mm
160dmg Katyusha/PW and suppression ISG were the most bullshit. CalliOP, OPWerfer and Cancer commander are close seconds.

If you think the cancer was introduced with UKF, you should realize it has always been there.

14 Jul 2016, 19:58 PM

-Pack Howie and mostly ISG spam meta

Oh God I remember Leigfest.

Worst festival ever everyone kept on hitting the dirt and ruining the decorations.
14 Jul 2016, 22:02 PM

ohh back then yeah. :D

thought you were talking about current ISU
14 Jul 2016, 22:22 PM

@ Austrailian dude

Leig was used alot back then because it was OP, and what do players do when theirs an OP unit? they abuse it and thus it was nerfed into a useless piece of junk imo.

But STILL people use it for the sole reason of countering emplacements but not used as much as its get taken out easily by the motar and bofors. Nobody buys the ISG now to attack infantry or MG's which what it was designed to do.

14 Jul 2016, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 17:04 PMKatitof

The JT would beat the ISU in a 1v1 duel, but the ISU was still the best late game unit for the Soviet player, at least judging by what many top players would build.

Perhaps it would have been better to say that the OKW player made the JT to counter the ISU ... But either way, that was the match up. Over and over, seemingly every time. By far my least favorite meta. I think the game is way better now.

Edit

I think you might have read what I said as "the ISU was stronger than the JT," when what I meant was "the ISU was stronger back then the current ISU, and the JT was also stronger than the current JT."
15 Jul 2016, 00:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 22:22 PMAlphrum
@ Austrailian dude

Leig was used alot back then because it was OP, and what do players do when theirs an OP unit? they abuse it and thus it was nerfed into a useless piece of junk imo.

But STILL people use it for the sole reason of countering emplacements but not used as much as its get taken out easily by the motar and bofors. Nobody buys the ISG now to attack infantry or MG's which what it was designed to do.

lel lel lel
15 Jul 2016, 00:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 22:22 PMAlphrum
Nobody buys the ISG now to attack infantry or MG's which what it was designed to do.

No one buys ISG to attack inf? Nice joke, man. I'd suggest you actually try and play the game.
15 Jul 2016, 02:21 AM

No one buys ISG to attack inf? Nice joke, man. I'd suggest you actually try and play the game.

i BARLEY see anyone NOW purchase it to attack infantry. The only time i see people use it is to attack emplacements
15 Jul 2016, 05:01 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 17:04 PMKatitof

ISU against ELE was a fair Duel, also ISU rolled Ele with the mark target (who took the shocktroop one sucked)
15 Jul 2016, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 05:01 AMd0ggY

ISU against ELE was a fair Duel, also ISU rolled Ele with the mark target (who took the shocktroop one sucked)

Even WITH mark target, Ele had ~100 more armor, TWICE the penetration and slightly shorter reload.
Ele penetrated RELIABLY IS-2, while ISU struggled to pen tiger.
15 Jul 2016, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 06:49 AMKatitof

Even WITH mark target, Ele had ~100 more armor, TWICE the penetration and slightly shorter reload.
Ele penetrated RELIABLY IS-2, while ISU struggled to pen tiger.

While you are right, you don't mention that the ISU also one shotted inf squads in 100 range about 50-80% of the time back then because it didn't need to change ammunition and had a huge sight radius with its ability.

The Elefant won against the ISU and other tanks, but the ISU won against everything else, especially every kind of infantry.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★