Login

russian armor

Ostheer needs these beauties

12 Jul 2016, 23:40 PM

Ostheer needs these nice things back:

StuH to blow up all those stupid emplacements (in CoH1 they didn't even have brace and brit was OP enough)

KCH to go face to face with Thompsons Rangers, instead of rangers massacring everything in their path.

Finally...A tiger that is immune to bazooka blobs frontally and start blowing bodies up and limbs flying all over. Most importantly, it needs a nice Skin like this.
Why is the gore gone in this game?

13 Jul 2016, 02:02 AM

In vCOH Brits was op because of their Kangaroo and officers not their emplacements.

StuH is like Brummbaer, and Brummbaer can do better.
SKin is a good idea though
13 Jul 2016, 02:29 AM

I think we already have that skin. I'm using it right now, but i can't remember the name (Sorry). It was the skins pack made by Starbuck, I guess? It may not look exactly the same but it is something that you might like.

About those beauties, I don't think Ost in coh2 would actually need them, mainly for balance purposes
13 Jul 2016, 03:21 AM

Why are you guys not open to the idea? I think more units is good. Means more doctrines, and more options. Think about this: Soviets already have a medium tank (T34/76) and a doctrine to upgrade them (T34/85), and then IS2, ISU152, KV2 (heavies), KV1/KV8 ("heavies" but not as good) and lend lease Shermans... No one ever complains about all this variety.

Ostheer variety in comparison seems so meh: Tiger, Elefant, Puma, Stug E, Tiger Ace...

Doctrine with a StuH would be awesome I think. Just because the Brummbär exists doesn't mean you can't have a doctrine specific unit that fills a similar role. Many people make lend lease Shermans (which is an average, general purpose tank, just like the T34) so they can forego going T4. If Ostheer could forego going T4 and get a similar unit via doctrine, just like soviets do with shermans replacing T34s, I think it'd be swell.
13 Jul 2016, 03:36 AM

... and start blowing bodies up and limbs flying all over.

heh. actually, one of the first things I noticed when CoH2 was released back then was that my Tiger no longer gibs models :guyokay:

why don't all explosive kills trigger gibs anyway. lelic :hansGG:
13 Jul 2016, 04:08 AM

Yeah, gore is so rare in coh2. And yes, I miss knights cross holders. They filled a gap, late game t4 infantry, that Relic refuses to close.
13 Jul 2016, 07:07 AM

Ostheer needs these nice things back:

KCH to go face to face with Thompsons Rangers, instead of rangers massacring everything in their path.

Simply dont reinforcment 4th men in Obers/PzG squad and you have KCH. ;)
13 Jul 2016, 07:09 AM

So, you want brummbar, vetted PGs without shrecks and stopping tiger for the shot.
13 Jul 2016, 07:26 AM

Yes... And a Maus as well. For variety.
13 Jul 2016, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2016, 07:09 AMKatitof
So, you want brummbar, vetted PGs without shrecks and stopping tiger for the shot.

HE'S BACKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, the Wehrmacht in this game is representing the earlier war German Army while the Wehrmacht in CoH was representing the late war one like the OKW is, as well as the PE, the PE was just more mobility/vehicle focused, not even "Panzer" focused as much as the Wehr was.

Either way, I have noticed the game being a lot less gorier so to speak as well but I remember seeing body parts flying here as well, just not as often so in the end, Idk, might be something from the settings.

Still, some new units (that are not late war and logically belong to the OKW's roaster) and some buffs are needed for the Wehr.
13 Jul 2016, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2016, 02:02 AMHikuran
In vCOH Brits was op because of their Kangaroo and officers not their emplacements.

StuH is like Brummbaer, and Brummbaer can do better.
SKin is a good idea though

Brummbar is too late, too expensive and costs too many pop cap.

13 Jul 2016, 09:49 AM

heh. actually, one of the first things I noticed when CoH2 was released back then was that my Tiger no longer gibs models :guyokay:

why don't all explosive kills trigger gibs anyway. lelic :hansGG:

Same. One big reason I hate this game is because how they remove all the dismemberment and gore.

Limbs will explode and fly all over the screen if you land a direct shot from Tiger or arty on infantry in vCoH
13 Jul 2016, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2016, 07:07 AMAradan

Simply dont reinforcment 4th men in Obers/PzG squad and you have KCH. ;)

If you want to give ostheer Obers, sure.
13 Jul 2016, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2016, 03:21 AMNosliw
Why are you guys not open to the idea? I think more units is good. Means more doctrines, and more options. Think about this: Soviets already have a medium tank (T34/76) and a doctrine to upgrade them (T34/85), and then IS2, ISU152, KV2 (heavies), KV1/KV8 ("heavies" but not as good) and lend lease Shermans... No one ever complains about all this variety.

Ostheer variety in comparison seems so meh: Tiger, Elefant, Puma, Stug E, Tiger Ace...

But on the other hand you have only 2 docs with IS2, 2 dosc with ISU and 1 with KV2 while OST has 2 with Ele, ale 5 with Tiger (Ace included) + 5 with Command PzIV.

If OST had only 2 for Tiger and 2-3 for Command PzIV it would look bad but with some many options it's not.

New stuff is always welcome but in the first place I would see Tiger's armor buff to 330-340, even with vet 2 if not from the start.

13 Jul 2016, 11:00 AM

Same. One big reason I hate this game is because how they remove all the dismemberment and gore.

Limbs will explode and fly all over the screen if you land a direct shot from Tiger or arty on infantry in vCoH

Graphics have been progressively cheapened/dumbed down over the last couple of decades, from starcraft 1 to starcraft 2, from diablo 1 and 2 to diablo 3, etc. This is just another step on that path.
13 Jul 2016, 12:42 PM

I thought he was perma-banned :/
Oh well, my finger automatically filters out whatever he shits on with my mouse wheel anyway.

Although in some ways Ostheer is representing "earlier" army but then they shouldn't have Brummbar, Panther, Tiger etc isn't it?
Multiplayer wise it doesn't matter, they need all the tools or they are just a cripple

You have a point with Panthers and Brummbars but the first Tigers came out around 1941, Panthers to around 43 and I'm not sure about Brummbars, altho the Ostwind was also kinda experimental amd they had only about 50 of em, still both Armies have them. So in a sense the Wehr is representing the German Army before Kursk, that would also explain why they have the Ferdinand since their first combat was at Kursk, after that they get upgraded to Elefants with hull MGs and a few other things.
13 Jul 2016, 12:47 PM

You have a point with Panthers and Brummbars but the first Tigers came out around 1941, Panthers to around 43 and I'm not sure about Brummbars, altho the Ostwind was also kinda experimental amd they had only about 50 of em, still both Armies have them. So in a sense the Wehr is representing the German Army before Kursk, that would also explain why they have the Ferdinand since their first combat was at Kursk, after that they get upgraded to Elefants with hull MGs and a few other things.

Except, we do have Elefant in coh2, not Ferdinand.
Hull MG is clearly present there.
13 Jul 2016, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2016, 12:47 PMKatitof

Except, we do have Elefant in coh2, not Ferdinand.
Hull MG is clearly present there.

Omg, HE SPEAKS!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's what I said, that the Ferdinand was present at the battle of Kursk and was later "upgraded" with the hull MG and other stuff. Still tho, it's roughly around 43' so...
13 Jul 2016, 14:56 PM

Gibs and gore are already in COH2. The UKF AT Sniper gibs pretty much everyone he shoots.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
unknown 6
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak