Login

russian armor

Teamkill-rate of Allies-arty??

13 Jul 2016, 15:03 PM

Interesting fact...

PzWerfer kills your troops like they were enemy's.
Katyusha doesn't even tickle your troops.

Reason for that Relic??

Panzerwerfer fires all rockets at once, and is mainly used for wiping and QQing

Katy is used for area denial and barely hits anything in the 1st place

13 Jul 2016, 15:07 PM

Interesting fact...

Reason for that Relic??

Over time saturation vs alpha strike?
Makes sense for pwerfer to have lower friendly dmg, but definitely not for StuKa, where you have control over the shot landings and definitely for sturmtiger.
13 Jul 2016, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2016, 15:07 PMKatitof

Over time saturation vs alpha strike?
Makes sense for pwerfer to have lower friendly dmg, but definitely not for StuKa, where you have control over the shot landings and definitely for sturmtiger.

Wat?

I mean, sturmtiger shell sure shouldn't have lower friendly fire damage. But I don't see how the differences between the panzerwerfer and stuka zu fuss would necessitate lower friendly fire damage.

In fact, what sense does less friendly fire damage make in the context of any artillery barrage? As in, why does it make sense to fire artillery onto your own positions?
13 Jul 2016, 15:23 PM

I see some pudding here so let me explain.

If you fire PzWerfer at your own 4, max clumped squads with minimal range you probbly kill them all.

If you fire Katy at your own 4, max clumped squads with minimal range, they will eat all rockets straight into the face and probably even a single model won't die (while if you do the same against hostile squads they will be wiped.
13 Jul 2016, 15:23 PM

Wat?

I mean, sturmtiger shell sure shouldn't have lower friendly fire damage. But I don't see how the differences between the panzerwerfer and stuka zu fuss would necessitate lower friendly fire damage.

In fact, what sense does less friendly fire damage make in the context of any artillery barrage? As in, why does it make sense to fire artillery onto your own positions?

Here's a quite common scenario:

Have 2 Panzerwerfers

See sweet juicy poorly placed USF major retreat point with all his infantry blob retreating to it

Order Panzerwerfer to find dat booty

Your Ally notices too, but since this is not a teamspeak team and is randoms, he doesn't know english and you can't warn him

Ally sends his gren LMG blob to the major retreat point and arrives just when your pzwerfers fires

Lose the game because you killed his entire army.
13 Jul 2016, 16:00 PM

Well, there's a few things wrong with that scenario, but why would the ally close to the point of being within the panzerwerfer blasts with long range units? Especially with the blaring sounds of panzerwerfers firing, and there is that annoying alert signal...

But that begs another question. Why in the nine hells do we only have the one annoying, repetitive, bleeping signal? What happened to the 'attack, defend, capture' single blips?

Anyway, I'm not so sure that's a common scenario...

Because if you think about it, your opponent lost his entire army as well, so you would've broken even, not automatically lost.
13 Jul 2016, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2016, 15:23 PMGrittle

Here's a quite common scenario:

Have 2 Panzerwerfers

See sweet juicy poorly placed USF major retreat point with all his infantry blob retreating to it

Order Panzerwerfer to find dat booty

Your Ally notices too, but since this is not a teamspeak team and is randoms, he doesn't know english and you can't warn him

Ally sends his gren LMG blob to the major retreat point and arrives just when your pzwerfers fires

Lose the game because you killed his entire army.

Hahaha yeah this guy knows what I mean :D

But I still prefer the realistic model cuz it's unfair that allies need 0 care with their arty usage, but axis don't.

And to be honest, if someone doesn't react on the pzwerfer rocket sound, nor he understands english and ignores the ping signal, then its just totally his fault.

There is no need to design a game assuming that the players are THIS slow/dumb on reaction time

Light-headed arty usage just needs an appropriate penalty on BOTH sides, and this is a team game Keepo ;)
-->coordination/communication also should be a part of things like artillery :D
22 Nov 2016, 21:51 PM

Will this be changed with the new balance team? :hyper: :wub:
22 Nov 2016, 22:20 PM
Donator 11

This axis vs allies division is not true here. LeIG is best example. It deals almost no damage, even if it hits spot on into clumbed squad - should actually wipe it. I'm for all friendly fire to completely ignore friendly/foe modifiers.
22 Nov 2016, 22:34 PM

This axis vs allies division is not true here. LeIG is best example. It deals almost no damage, even if it hits spot on into clumbed squad - should actually wipe it. I'm for all friendly fire to completely ignore friendly/foe modifiers.

LeIG goes into category mortars, and this thread was about arty. :)

But totally agree! Also mortars should deal same damage to friendly troops as they deal vs opponents
23 Nov 2016, 05:18 AM

Interesting fact...

Reason for that Relic??

Simple.
They are Allied fanboys.

Explains lack of third Axis faction.
Explains why OKW got nerfed to oblivion.
Explains why OST can only cheese win.
Explains why UKF was sim city

(joking, I <444>3 Credit)
23 Nov 2016, 09:36 AM

Nothing beats the sight of your riflemen double bar blob running through your CalliOP barrage unharmend and then proceeding in wiping out anything that is left over! :snfPeter:
23 Nov 2016, 16:31 PM

Nothing beats the sight of your riflemen double bar blob running through your CalliOP barrage unharmend and then proceeding in wiping out anything that is left over! :snfPeter:

FeelsAxisMan
30 Nov 2016, 08:07 AM

well, it SURE is good that team damage is reduced, that way when a shit head decides to attack ground my base with massed AT guns i can do nothing about it!

im sure glad that priorities are set....
30 Nov 2016, 08:43 AM

Interesting fact...

Reason for that Relic??

PzWerfer wipe squads with no problem and hit smaller area. His power is enough, for wipe allies troops also, even if they receive only 10% damage.

Katjuša affects a large area and it is more about luck/unluck (RNG Gods look at you).
30 Nov 2016, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2016, 08:43 AMAradan

PzWerfer wipe squads with no problem and hit smaller area. His power is enough, for wipe allies troops also, even if they receive only 10% damage.

Katjuša affects a large area and it is more about luck/unluck (RNG Gods look at you).

No. This is not the case. Rocket from katysuha doesn't kill an allied unit even if direct hit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★