Login

russian armor

OKW vs BRITISH 1v1 CROSSROADS

12 Jul 2016, 07:04 AM

OK i switched from SOVIET to BRITS and once again i got crushed by OKW. I am pretty sure that the rush on the OKW FLAK TRUCK wasnt a good idea, but i really LACK EXPERIENCE in those situations so i didnt know what does more damage.

I think my early game isnt that bad, but after i build a M3 ARMORED i lose track what to build next. My plan is to stay alive to bring out Cromwell later, maybe its becouse i have only basic COMMANDERS. I have no idea what to build in the MID-GAME. Should i spam more Engineers to cap all over map so enemy cant be everywhere?
Should i build BOFORS or MORTAR? Which INFANTRY UPGRADES and when?

For the replay itself, i definitely should build more VICKERS from the start, he BLOBBED quite often. The KING-TIGER was total surprise for me, but i was quite succesful at holding it at bay. I only lost 2 squads to it in 1 shot, i wasnt aware he can wipe 2 squads in 1 shot.

I wanted to get rid of his FLAK TRUCK but i got nothing LONGRANGE that early.

Maybe i should pick HAMMER TACTICS in the end but i dont really like it, for me CHURCHILL is far better then COMET becouse i always lose it so fast. The GAMMON GRENADES may help tho.

I am open to any critics and advices.

Thanks
12 Jul 2016, 08:05 AM

Don't forget this game is not only about build orders and timings. Its important yes and im sure the strategist well help you with this.

If you are an expert in using ALL hotkeys, control groups and or tactical map you can beat most opponents building whatever you like. You have a huge edge right from the start. My advice to new player is to learn to use ALL hotkeys first. After that get working on strategy and builddorders.

Brits is an ability and timing sensitive faction so using hotkeys makes the faction 10x stronger.
12 Jul 2016, 08:07 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

12 Jul 2016, 08:39 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hello, I know you are new to this game, and also was your enemie. But i will give you the whole power from Replay review :)

1) Build sandsack with your IS while you are capping. If you get Fuel/Muni point, you can complete it while capping.

2) Your mg in the middle is for what? It covers a neutral Vp.

3) Intresting capping order. The most player from topsides focus on this map left side.

4) 4.30 could you build the AEC, but you went insstead of for a second Engineer. At this point you lost your first one, because of not retreating

5) Your AEC shoudl be death. Lucky that the raktenwerfer missed his 2 shot. Pray to the RNG :). Raktenwerfer hit you 1 time, faust was on it and then it missed again.

6) 8 min and you have 200 muni. Plant mines or Upgrades your Inf with Bren/ paits. In this game with Brens.

7) Also at this time you can get 5 man upgrade

8) Min 11.30; your wickers MG (was your first builded unit in the game!) dealed only 30 damage at all. Nothing to say more :)

9) Sexton doc is one of the worst doc from brits!

10) If you still like to use this doc you have to upgrade Ambos, for the better offmap arty!

11) Don't walk alone with your sniper! Allways have another unit to spot for him if possible. Also for a beginner to play with sniper and a whole army is very hard. So not sure, if you shoudl focused on that.

12) Min 15 you have 1000 manpower.

13) Use them to build a pak and also build a mortarpit in your base. You did it but way to late!

14) Around min 16 you see still no Piv from OKW means, he is going straight for KT.

15) To learn brits better: Try to look sometimes in the replays, if there is a replay uploaded in 1vs1 with brits. Also when HelpingHans is streaming he plays often brits in 1vs1.

I hope my advice are usefull for you and I don't batter you to death with this 15 points :)
12 Jul 2016, 08:59 AM

Don't forget this game is not only about build orders and timings. Its important yes and im sure the strategist well help you with this.

If you are an expert in using ALL hotkeys, control groups and or tactical map you can beat most opponents building whatever you like. You have a huge edge right from the start. My advice to new player is to learn to use ALL hotkeys first. After that get working on strategy and builddorders.

Brits is an ability and timing sensitive faction so using hotkeys makes the faction 10x stronger.

Thanks, seems i have to start using keyboard.
12 Jul 2016, 09:07 AM

I pick Sexton becouse its the only one that makes sense to me, i use only barrage and the last one abilities. Fortified Regiment seems useless to me, and commandos are just total mystery to me how should they work.

The massive unused resources are very common for me when playing brits

I have never played OKW becouse i dont own them as a faction, so i only know they rely on those halftrucks, fuel and aggresive early game.

12 Jul 2016, 10:43 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I pick Sexton becouse its the only one that makes sense to me, i use only barrage and the last one abilities. Fortified Regiment seems useless to me, and commandos are just total mystery to me how should they work.

The massive unused resources are very common for me when playing brits

I have never played OKW becouse i dont own them as a faction, so i only know they rely on those halftrucks, fuel and aggresive early game.

The other 14 Points are clear and fine for you?

this docs works much better:

Mobile Assault Regiment

Vanguard Operations Regiment

Special Weapons Regiment

And if you use alot of Emplacement:

Advanced Emplacement Regiment

Royal Engineer Regiment

If you don't know which name is which doc; here you go:

http://whitecortex.net:5984/coh2/_design/app/layout.html#/commanders
12 Jul 2016, 20:14 PM

The other 14 Points are clear and fine for you?

this docs works much better:

Mobile Assault Regiment

Vanguard Operations Regiment

Special Weapons Regiment

And if you use alot of Emplacement:

Advanced Emplacement Regiment

Royal Engineer Regiment

If you don't know which name is which doc; here you go:

http://whitecortex.net:5984/coh2/_design/app/layout.html#/commanders

Problem is that i have only basic ones, but i am saving gold to buy some of them, most likely going to take Special Weapons, becouse i like some early AT if i somehow manage to lose AEC. AT guns doesnt seem very effective vs light tanks becouse theres a lot of space in early game to flank it unpunished.
12 Jul 2016, 20:24 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Problem is that i have only basic ones, but i am saving gold to buy some of them, most likely going to take Special Weapons, becouse i like some early AT if i somehow manage to lose AEC. AT guns doesnt seem very effective vs light tanks becouse theres a lot of space in early game to flank it unpunished.

At guns are great. But AT guys are the same like Snipers or indirect fire--> Not first line!

I mean he had 1 Raktenwerfer and killed almost your AEC in the first attack :).

His Volksgrenadier was scouting for him

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 13
South Africa 5
Germany 839
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L