Login

russian armor

Ostheer grenadiers in 1v1

11 Jul 2016, 16:09 PM

when the eeinforcement cost of riflemen 28, volks 25, infantry sections 28 why do grenadiers cost 30 for each man? People can more love grenadiers but i think grenadiers doesnt deserve more cost than the others at all.

I think grens are not up or op but that cost bottlencks player so much against usf and soviets. I think that should be fixed by nerfing maybe sniper to compensate.
11 Jul 2016, 16:34 PM

Nobody is touching the only thing keeping Ost viable. Leave sniper alone.
11 Jul 2016, 16:42 PM

They have high reinforcement cost because they can stay back and don't have to drop models, while rifles and cons always have to drop models in order to be effective. Infantry sections would deserve the same reinforcements cost.

The sniper is overperforming but the new patch change makes it handelable
11 Jul 2016, 16:48 PM

They have high reinforcement cost because they can stay back and don't have to drop models, while rifles and cons always have to drop models in order to be effective. Infantry sections would deserve the same reinforcements cost.

The sniper is overperforming but the new patch change makes it handelable

Double LMG rifles does not agree with you
11 Jul 2016, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2016, 16:34 PMUnited
Nobody is touching the only thing keeping Ost viable. Leave sniper alone.

it was just sample if someone says ostheer t1 would be so op.
11 Jul 2016, 17:02 PM

The simple answer, I believe, is that the standard reinforce cost is the squad's price halved and divided by the model count.
So (240/2)/4 = 30.
I forget but there may be certain exceptions where they cost less.
Also for support weapons the weapon itself is factored in such that models cost less to reinforce. I'm sure a strategist could clarify this easily for you.

Now for opinion. Greens are fine :)
11 Jul 2016, 17:51 PM
Donator 11

The simple answer, I believe, is that the standard reinforce cost is the squad's price halved and divided by the model count.
So (240/2)/4 = 30.
I forget but there may be certain exceptions where they cost less.
Also for support weapons the weapon itself is factored in such that models cost less to reinforce. I'm sure a strategist could clarify this easily for you.

Now for opinion. Greens are fine :)

Only some okw (the special snowflake as some say) infantry has non-standard reinforce cost, for absolutely no reason. It's for sure sturmpioneers and falls, not sure about the jeagers. In fact all units should have the standard reinforcement cost.

But you are right, grens are fine. It's some other units that they fight that have gone the wrong way during ballance process.
11 Jul 2016, 17:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Only some okw (the special snowflake as some say) infantry has non-standard reinforce cost, for absolutely no reason. It's for sure sturmpioneers and falls, not sure about the jeagers. In fact all units should have the standard reinforcement cost.

But you are right, grens are fine. It's some other units that they fight that have gone the wrong way during ballance process.

Obers have it too (though to be fair they're still kinda manpower overpriced even with it).
11 Jul 2016, 18:03 PM

IS had 35 reinforce and that was overpriced as hell especially against ost sniper.
11 Jul 2016, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2016, 17:55 PMVuther

Obers have it too (though to be fair they're still kinda manpower overpriced even with it).

Basically, nearly every single 4-man squad in the game has had their reinforcement cost adjusted:
- Tommies
- PGrens
- Most OKW infantry

I am assuming that this because, even though better received accuracy values sound sexy, in theory, snipers and indirect fire lethality simply don't care about it.

On a flipside, whenever you recrew weapons with any of these units, you get to pay the full (pre-buff) reinforcement cost for the recaptured weapons.

Because, who could ever say no to a 35-MP-per head Tommy-remanned Vickers?

(This bug is due to the way the reinforcement cost reduction was implemented)
11 Jul 2016, 18:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Basically, nearly every single 4-man squad in the game has had their reinforcement cost adjusted:
- Tommies
- PGrens
- Most OKW infantry

Not Roy Es, though, thank Quinn.
12 Jul 2016, 01:16 AM

Paratroopers have it too. In fact, all of the Spawn in the map units have it. And some others, for example Obers, Panzergrenadiers, Commandos, all USF officers, Infantry sections etc. etc. etc.

The (unitcost/2)/(number of entities) has been abandoned long ago.
12 Jul 2016, 02:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2016, 01:16 AMDomine

Paratroopers have it too. In fact, all of the Spawn in the map units have it. And some others, for example Obers, Panzergrenadiers, Commandos, all USF officers, Infantry sections etc. etc. etc.

Actually, those squads (I trust you mean Paratroopers or building infiltrators?) have a manpower cost to the ability that is separate from their squad. The extra manpower cost to calling them in that is unaccounted in the squad's 50% reinforcement cost is the price of paratrooping/infiltrating them in.
12 Jul 2016, 02:17 AM

That's only because part of the paratrooper MP cost is for the on map spawn. Same with storms and falls.
12 Jul 2016, 04:21 AM

Can we stop it with the comparison of units in a vacuum? The reinforcement cost is fine where it is. Even if it were to be changed it would only be in the order of 1-2mp, which is insignificant even over the course of a long game with dozens of models reinforced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★