Login

russian armor

Make Ostheer lategame great again!

9 Jul 2016, 11:53 AM

Ostheer doesn´t cut it at the moment. Imo that is because their last Tier and call ins are severely underperforming.

T4 has been made cheaper and the new Brummbar is great. But it actually doesn´t make me go T4. Most Ostheer players are still stuck in the T3 meta and who is going to blame them for that if everything is better in that tier bar the Ostwind. The StuG fulfills the AT role way better than any Panther ver could and the Panzer IV is a decent all-rounder. Both Tiers struggle versus their British counterparts (Cromwell, Centaur, Comet).

While it is okay that Ostheer T3 is inferior, T4 should ofer better utility. The Panther isn´t needed. The Panzerwerer is mediocre at best. The major concern about T4 is remains the weak Panther. I would appreciate a total redesing of the vehicle (less speed, more firepower). Nobody needs a Nascar that dives into enemy lines to expose its weak rear armor and that is instantly dead when getting snared. Snaring a Panther is incredibly easy as it is designed to go into your territory.

A further concern is the terrible performance of Ostheer call in vehicles. The Tiger doesn´t deflect much and the Elefant is too slow and easy to finish due to the armor nerfs - a deadly combination. To support it properly you are supposed to overcommit into AT - often losing you the game.

There is a reason why the Ostheer win rates are so low and in my opinion that is them not fulfilling their intended role of lategame strenght. Allied AT has been buffed through all factions, while German armor has eaten the nerf stick several times. This couldn´t work out.

tl;dr: Panther redesign, Tiger armor buff, Elefant needs slightly more mobility.
9 Jul 2016, 12:14 PM

Maybe the Tiger deserves a slight front armor buff- enough to consistently bounce medium tanks, but not too much to bounce Jackson, SU85, Firefly shots. Panther needs a better accuracy.
But everything else, I disagree with. First of all, that with underperforming panzerwerfer was really a bad joke, it's just as OP as every rocket arty except for katyusha (it's supposed to only rape blobs, but instead it removes support weapons one by one). And the Elefant is meant to be vulnerable without proper support, that's why it two/three-shoots almost every allied tank from an incredible range. On most of the maps it's GG once it arrives
9 Jul 2016, 12:16 PM

Panther redesign, Tiger armor buff, Elefant needs slightly more mobility.

Axis dont need late game buff.
No more unballanced team games (3v3 and 4v4), when Elephant (JagdTiger) overturned all game.

What Ost only need is T0 MG exclusivity. Lets remove Brits MG from T0.
9 Jul 2016, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2016, 12:16 PMAradan

That would ease OKW a lot... -->

Isnt the IS nerfed so that it could not anymore challenge MG42 from green cover?

It would need a slight buff then... How about first unit could have a 2' mortar. --> They did have something similar i Vcoh if i remember correctly.. It would stop people crying for a mobile mortar too. --> something similar like the one shot from Firing pit.
9 Jul 2016, 12:46 PM

Switch panther and Tiger.

Tiger goes T4 as all around late game tank, around 200fuel price.
Panther down to Cp10 on Commanders having the Tiger.
Tiger Ace stays where it is.

:foreveralone:
9 Jul 2016, 12:49 PM

No more unballanced team games (3v3 and 4v4), when Elephant (JagdTiger) overturned all game.

Ostheer in 1v1 isn't much fun to play bro. I agree with your 3v3-4v4 remarks. Yet allies are dominating there too.
9 Jul 2016, 12:51 PM

Ostheer in 1v1 isn't much fun to play bro. I agree with your 3v3-4v4 remarks. Yet allies are dominating there too.

That isn't due to T4, but USF mortar or Penals/Guards combot meta. Only matchup I find quite balance is vs Brit.
9 Jul 2016, 13:41 PM

We need something to kill emplacements,panzerwerfer is shit at that and lefh is doctrinal.
Panther needs dmg buff or reload.
Tiger frontal armour.
9 Jul 2016, 14:18 PM

We need something to kill emplacements,panzerwerfer is shit at that and lefh is doctrinal.
Tiger frontal armour.

Flames, PZschreks, Pak, PZ4, (I also heard about MG42 incendanary rounds)
Countering emplacements by indirect fire is a BS if they cant move
9 Jul 2016, 14:18 PM

For like the past year its just constantly been. Buff allied mid-late, keep nerfing axis late.

I honestly don't believe the axis lategame "advantage" Even exists considering how cost efficient allied units are, not to mention the received accuracy bonuses allied squads get compared to the germans.

Ostheer needs buff, buff g43s like make them worth it to buy on pgrens and stormtroopers, make ti so grens can buy g43s and lmg42s. If rifles and section can dual equip, why cant grens? Make it so g43s boost long range dos by atleast 10% rather than a shit 0% we have now , buff pgrens give them like a slight boost to their RA bonus at vet2, buff p4 penetration is a joke, least cost efficient medium buff pen to 130 from 110 why p4 have same pen as the short barreled t34 and lower than sherman? Cuz 20 extra front armor, lol what about the p4 costing more???. Give panther a .75 moving accuracy buff. Give stormtroopers either partisan camo or obersoldaten kar98s and lower stg upgrade to 75 munitions. Buff 222 coaxial mg and boost cost to like 25 fuel.
9 Jul 2016, 14:53 PM

if you remove Brits HMG from T0, how do you expect them to not fall back beyond salvage early game?
9 Jul 2016, 15:38 PM

if you remove Brits HMG from T0, how do you expect them to not fall back beyond salvage early game?

IS can stand versus MG, and with T1 Brit will make own MG, if need.
9 Jul 2016, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2016, 15:38 PMAradan

IS can stand versus MG, and with T1 Brit will make own MG, if need.

Problem is, British early game is extremely weak due to high cost of units. Both IS and Vicker HMG cost 280 mp. HMG on carriage comes way too late and therefore without HMG from base building British would have been destroyed early game each time.
9 Jul 2016, 15:50 PM

Problem is, British early game is extremely weak due to high cost of units. Both IS and Vicker HMG cost 280 mp. HMG on carriage comes way too late and therefore without HMG from base building British would have been destroyed early game.

Maybie you are right. Ost have sniper, mg, inf and mortar.
9 Jul 2016, 16:07 PM

Tiger frontal armour.

Emplacements are managable, currently.

Panzerwerfer is ok.

Panther needs a buff in damage or a cost reduction to make losing one not so economically devestating.

Tiger frontal armour is a must. Seriously, what doesn't penetrate it.
9 Jul 2016, 16:09 PM

Problem is, British early game is extremely weak due to high cost of units. Both IS and Vicker HMG cost 280 mp. HMG on carriage comes way too late and therefore without HMG from base building British would have been destroyed early game each time.

I agree the need some love for their early game, but that has to be balanced with their late gave power. Comets>panthers, cromwell > p4, a pair of fireflies > heavy armour.
9 Jul 2016, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2016, 16:09 PMsinthe

I agree the need some love for their early game, but that has to be balanced with their late gave power. Comets>panthers, cromwell > p4, a pair of fireflies > heavy armour.

I am not sure in terms of stats but from my own experience Panther can take on a Comet and vice versa, PzIV can take on a Cromwell and vice versa. Firefly is a gimmick tank. I don't use them unless forced. Can't really say a lot but they are very fragile and fire slow. Something with high RoF like JgdPz IV or StuG III should be able to fight it pretty reliable. Provided you can dodge Tulip.
9 Jul 2016, 18:14 PM

Cardboard , playing card pls ?? if you think panther is weak then no comments .
9 Jul 2016, 19:35 PM

As a person who recently tried out Wehr again after a long time, uhm, yeah, I'd say that a buff to late game wouldn't be bad, as well as the Tiger.

Other than that, a buff to Wehr infantry survivability in the form of a 5th memeber to the Grenadier squad at the very least if not for a 5th member to the Panzergrenadiers and Pioneer squad as well would also be welcome as atm until Grens get their MG42 they're righting both superior numbers and superior firepower, couple that with their high ammo consumption and you have a pretty weak unit and Army as a whole.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
Korea, Republic Of 2
Russian Federation 95
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %