Login

russian armor

Thoughts on Royal Engineers?

9 Jul 2016, 11:03 AM

They cost 10mp more than Pios and are much better in combat, before squad size upgrade. Everyone semi-serious uses Mobile Assault (courtesy of Relic's sell-then-balance DLC policy), meaning they usually have flamethrowers. How do you play against 2-3 RE builds, especially in urban maps? Talking mostly 2v2.
10 Jul 2016, 14:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

OKW or Ost??

OKW counter cancer with cancer get ya some flamer sturms and have a flame party Along with STG volks. Should have no problem with cqc as OKW now.

Ost just surrender. 5 man Sapper spam on a cqc map is nearly impossible or overly frustrating. It's rifle company all over.

You can try like a flame halftrack, I guess. Your options are beyond limited and your best bet is to just not play on cqc maps or avoi cqc combat altogether.

12 Jul 2016, 23:08 PM

Ost have the advantage early against UKF on urban maps because of having earlier and cheaper mortars. By the time he gets sappers out and starts getting flamers you should have forced his units to retreat earlier, buying some space. Get a doctrine with supply drops, drop munitions and get a flammenHT and a schrek squad. The buffed bundled grenades will wipe mgs, he can't take out the HT because of schreks (remember to be ready with attack ground if he smokes), it's an urban map so use line of sight against his snipers if he gets any and just kill them with lmg grens. Plant one or two teller mines to help catch vehicles since he can't do anything to your HT without an AEC. You'll have munitions for all of this because of supply drops. If he spams flame engineers but gets a bofors instead of AEC, get a flammenHT (or skip T2 if you can afford to) but drop fuel for tanks instead of munitions.

Supply drops work even better if both guys have it. Say one goes osttruppen and the other goes luft supply/close air support (or just whatever mix you want). You can stack the drops to one person and get tanks out for him several minutes earlier than he otherwise would (every time you both drop fuel, that guy gets +100 fuel), this is especially good against UKF players who like to get emplacements since they can't contest the drops and are useless against tanks. And with the cheap, low cooldown, near-no delay, instant pin close air support strafe, infantry AT like guards buttoning for an AT gun doesn't really work.
13 Jul 2016, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the replies to both of you.

I admit I don't have a lot of experience using the Flame HT (or PG schrecks for that matter). I will try it out :)
13 Jul 2016, 12:19 PM

RE blob with flamers is best counter to Osttruppen cheese. With vet they are more cost effective than Conscript while having tons of utility. As OKW tries Luch rush or make your own Stg Volk blob. For OH double 222 + mortar seems to work for me: mortar bombard that lone Vickers guarding fuel than quickly relocate and bait the RE blob into your dual 222/Gren ambush.
13 Jul 2016, 12:39 PM

I don't get this thing about FlameHT against brits. its always 2 piat hits and of you go if you don't wan't to die. Most of the time it's from behind shot/vision blockers. Its quite hilarious from Brits view.

Your options are beyond limited and your best bet is to just not play on cqc maps or avoi cqc combat altogether.

This is the only way... Or just spam Flame (S)pios against buildings and green cover.
13 Jul 2016, 12:43 PM

i guess its a gift from lelic. expensive IS + MG (280MP) whilst you get cheap/effective pios

if you upgrade them with the ability from the churchill tactics (slower, but vickers + better rep) they become even more ridiculous LUL
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★