Login

russian armor

Improve abandon mechanic

nee
9 Jul 2016, 07:51 AM

You don't need a new health bar. USF squads show their health when inside vehicles. You just have certain damage applied to the squad while reducing damage to the vehicle. Once the crews die off, the vehicle is abandoned, just like how team weapons work.

Crews just need a way to self-heal so that you don't need to micromanage their survivability as well.

USF can retain their uniqueness by being able to debark crews to swap, heal faster, or assist in repairs. The other factions just treat it as a secondary thing to consider. You just apply the self-heal passive to them when not in combat, otherwise you have tanks stuck in base at full health but need to wait for crews to heal up. That's the biggest design issue.

I'd honestly prefer a different mechanic where players can opt to destroy their "near-dead" vehicles rather than risk abandoning to enemy. That way if you really want to capture that King Tiger, you can't just keep shooting it, you need a riflemen to throw grenades or whatever when it's just about dead, so there's still the element of RNG to abandoning.
Of course problem with THAT idea is, the RNG idea currently is sufficient. Take it away and most of the game will be about trying to capture other vehicles rather than just playing the game.
9 Jul 2016, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2016, 01:24 AMVuther

You sure about that one? I'm reading that was Dickens.

...and it's apparently a Justin Bieber song but that's neither here nor there.

Eh.
9 Jul 2016, 09:55 AM

1. Introduction
As you know, abandon mechanic currently leave for RNGod to decide, which is kind of bad. But, to remove abandon is terrible option, because we all know we love it when we capture a tiger with allies, or a stuart with axis.

I would be more happy with an IS2 or a Comet, but oke, stuart is fine :foreveralone:
9 Jul 2016, 10:25 AM

The problem is that HE are balanced in a way that should be harmless agains tanks, not his worst nightmare since its way worse to get a decrew than a destruction in the middle of a fight, specially agains USF which is the faction with more HE in the game (also nerfs like "motor explosion on decrew" doesnt bother them)
9 Jul 2016, 11:00 AM
Donator 11

Its most probably not that hard to do from implementation perspective but it may and probably will introduce a lot of ballance issues, sadly. I like the idea as a concept though.
9 Jul 2016, 17:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Its most probably not that hard to do from implementation perspective but it may and probably will introduce a lot of ballance issues, sadly. I like the idea as a concept though.

Yep. On an ideal world, we could also make use of the other criticals which are on the game (gunner, loader, driver injured/killed).
9 Jul 2016, 22:37 PM

Honestly man just play Men AT War Assualt squad
10 Jul 2016, 01:29 AM

I wish MoW had suppression, cover mechanics, and squads with veterancy.
10 Jul 2016, 01:52 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I like the idea. Would totally ruin balance though. Pray for coh3 implementation.
10 Jul 2016, 05:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2016, 22:37 PMGenObi
Honestly man just play Men AT War Assualt squad

I've already played it. No such system exists. The crew damage in that game is more like current CoH2 critical mechanic.

I wish MoW had suppression, cover mechanics, and squads with veterancy.

Ehm... you don't blob in MoW because it punishes you harshly.
Cover in MoW is extremely essential for keeping unit alive.
And MoW has individual veterancy (and squad vet when you group them).

The only things they don't have are ability, tech tree and upgrade.
10 Jul 2016, 11:22 AM

Just make a new commander with vehicle hijack abilities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★