Login

russian armor

Look to the new Chart. Germans were slaughtered.

PAGES (9)down
8 Jul 2016, 00:05 AM

the real problem with the mortar and bofor is how much area they lock down. More specifically, the mortar emplacement hard counter other mortar and the bofor's own suppression barrage add to the firepower.

A mortar emplacement together with a bofor is impervious to most early game assault because you can't barrage it or assault it.

the bofor's own direct fire is decent, but it's only around the level of the okw's flak truck. It's the fact that mortar emplacement and bofor have the range to counter mortar that make it OP.

even the soviet 82mm will kill the okw truck if given the chance.

I was screamming at the top of my lungs about the Bofors being OP pre-patch.

Here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/52402/bofors

But turth be told, even tho I don't like emplacements or static play, I feel like as both OH and OKW the bofors and the emplacements are now managable to take out. Removing the bofors is a mistake, as I currently feel that is pretty close to balanced.

8 Jul 2016, 00:18 AM

I think what we are looking at is ELO ratings falling back in line with player skill. Not only were volks a tank in their own right but a lot of their vet allowed them to play poorly.

Now the USF mortar may come a little early and we still have yet to confirm that its bugged or not but by no means is it "game breaking". UKF is actually rather weak, its lack of a mid game still cause it to fall apart, lack of indirect fire outside of mortar.

T-34 is fine, its cost effectiveness only comes from counter inf play, its pen is lacking, its accuracy is lacking, and hits speed is lacking. The Pshrek is still a strong deterrence, its not on every unit meaning you should HAVE to use combined arms like everyone else (sorry OKW fans). OSt brummbar is in a way better position, the tech price changes are very helpful and help that late game anti infantry capabilities.

Give it more time to avg out but I guess we'll lose all the fanboiis due to balanced nature of this game before DOW III hits.

Volks were most definately not a tank, or close to a tank.

The mortar is definately an issue. It consistently early game wipes squads and puts a serious bleed on through the match. Even if it stays as is, it needs to at least move up to t2.

T34 is fine if it costs a 100 fuel. The cost should match the performance, currently it performs above it's cost. I've ran tests on this and it will beat a OH P4 1v1 about 30% of the time against frontal armour.

I think you need to play some OKW to see that it's not all roses, and that some of these issues are legitimate.
8 Jul 2016, 02:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2016, 00:05 AMsinthe

I was screamming at the top of my lungs about the Bofors being OP pre-patch.

Here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/52402/bofors

But turth be told, even tho I don't like emplacements or static play, I feel like as both OH and OKW the bofors and the emplacements are now managable to take out. Removing the bofors is a mistake, as I currently feel that is pretty close to balanced.

My answer to you now is the same as always. Just lower the range on the mortar autofire and bofor barrage.
8 Jul 2016, 02:10 AM

http://coh2chart.com/

To all, especially to Katitof: I have foretold it, which is proved by the statistics how bad the patch was for the Germans ... and how good it where for USF.

There is no durable fakt more, you can make ... Germans were massively nerfed.

Big thanks to Relic...u failed once again....once again since British forces release.

OKW is blobbing?? Oh..thats OP.
USF is blobbing?? Thats fine.

Why the hell get my skill massivly stronger when i play allies?? Magic?? Or is that the better faction for me??

No..its cause u need less skill and less micro to play with allies.

Blobb rifles > win
build bofors > win

Sorry for my bad english...it isn`t my native language.

im out..playing allies...german factions are to masochistic.

stats dont really reflect the ballance they dont show the real problems

espisally when the matchmaking isant perfect
8 Jul 2016, 06:07 AM

someone create a balance mod based on feedbacks, a real balance mod
8 Jul 2016, 16:26 PM
Senior Editor Badge

4 day averages of win percentages only including top 150 vs top 150 matches; the areas indicate +/- one standard deviation estimated via jackknife.

8 Jul 2016, 16:45 PM

From what I gather, does it mean that after the initial shock of the patch is that people start to simply adapt to the new gameplay? :o
8 Jul 2016, 16:56 PM

From what I gather, does it mean that after the initial shock of the patch is that people start to simply adapt to the new gameplay? :o
Or the 4th of July American holiday had some effect irl.
8 Jul 2016, 16:57 PM

My answer to you now is the same as always. Just lower the range on the mortar autofire and bofor barrage.

Can someone please explain how lowering the range on the mortar suppose to fix it? This thing has virtually 100% accuracy and insane damage and rate of fire, and out of all the things we want to reduce the range. Why? All it will do is make it frustrating to use. Its like reducing the range on a T0 AT gun that accidentally had its accuracy, rate of fire and damage buffed past all other >T0 AT guns. Just normalize all the other stats so that MGs don't get wiped on the first shot.
8 Jul 2016, 18:15 PM

Really the scatter could be made the same as all other mortars. That's not even a nerf, just a consistency thing.
8 Jul 2016, 19:10 PM

Soviets can only use a buff right now.
Seriously don't touch this faction anymore, right now they are just like they should be.

I hear some noob here asking for a T34 nerf? the fuck?
And as if it wasn't enough, he points out that it does too much damage to his Panzer IV, when all that got buffed is the anti-inf mg (which isn't even a buff, they just made it work since before it wasn't shooting due to glitch).

Make a T34/76 cost 100 fuel? What are you on about dude? Get real here, this tank isn't "good", by this I mean it's not a solid tank, undestructible or a tank that deals the damage a Panzer IV does.

It's a cheap tier 4 tank (so not only it's a medium tank, but you need to tech up to t4 to get it), you need it fast, and Panzers will always come before T34.
And you ask, on top of that, for this tank to cost 100 fuel?

Stop changing soviets, when for once they are "just" good, stop asking to nerf penals, T70, T34, scout car, 120mm, shock troops, SU85...etc

Just stop, you pathetic bunch of axis noobs, go learn to play the faction at least.
I play all the factions, I don't cry about Luchs costing only 60 fuel and that it's a tier 2 tank(comes sooner than t70), when it has more armor than a T-70, and has better DPS.

I don't cry about Ostheer having a riflenade that never alerts you beforehand, if you're not watching a particular skirmish and you're not looking at that one soldier kneeling.

I don't cry about bosstruppen, performing just like cons and cost less.

There is a time where you have to accept that you didn't lose because it's unbalanced, broken, overperforming but because you got outplayed.

Only things op right now is usf, and even that is debatable, assuming they have only ONE unit op.

You actually think a mortar is the cause of all your losses? Stop dreaming and remember OKW during the revamp period ffs.
Even back then people were saying that OKW is fine LMAO.

When they fix USF mortar, you will ask for riflemen nerf, then Stuart nerf, then BAR nerf.
I like how all you guys point out as okw weakness is lack of volks schrek.

Good fucking deal, so all this time we were right, all it took to play okw was blob schrek and go in, volk like hell to KT.

Also the chart isn't 100% right, because combined arms made it so axis lose a lot and usf wins a lot.

8 Jul 2016, 19:16 PM

Seriously don't touch this faction anymore, right now they are just like they should be.

I hear some noob here asking for a T34 nerf? the fuck?
And as if it wasn't enough, he points out that it does too much damage to his Panzer IV, when all that got buffed is the anti-inf mg (which isn't even a buff, they just made it work since before it wasn't shooting due to glitch).

Make a T34/76 cost 100 fuel? What are you on about dude? Get real here, this tank isn't "good", by this I mean it's not a solid tank, undestructible or a tank that deals the damage a Panzer IV does.

It's a cheap tier 4 tank (so not only it's a medium tank, but you need to tech up to t4 to get it), you need it fast, and Panzers will always come before T34.
And you ask, on top of that, for this tank to cost 100 fuel?

Stop changing soviets, when for once they are "just" good, stop asking to nerf penals, T70, T34, scout car, 120mm, shock troops, SU85...etc

Just stop, you pathetic bunch of axis noobs, go learn to play the faction at least.
I play all the factions, I don't cry about Luchs costing only 60 fuel and that it's a tier 2 tank(comes sooner than t70), when it has more armor than a T-70, and has better DPS.

I don't cry about Ostheer having a riflenade that never alerts you beforehand, if you're not watching a particular skirmish and you're not looking at that one soldier kneeling.

I don't cry about bosstruppen, performing just like cons and cost less.

There is a time where you have to accept that you didn't lose because it's unbalanced, broken, overperforming but because you suck and you're not good.

Only things op right now is usf, and even that is debatable, assuming they have only ONE unit op.

You actually think a mortar is the cause of all your losses? Stop dreaming and remember OKW during the revamp period ffs.

Also the chart isn't 100% right, because combined arms made it so axis lose a lot and usf wins a lot.

actually su is very strong right now penal have too strong vet (and base damage long range) and t34 mg is 0.5 od the 3 mg of the okw panther (yea plus the top mg that cost 60) so it could get a reduction
8 Jul 2016, 19:28 PM

actually su is very strong right now penal have too strong vet (and base damage long range) and t34 mg is 0.5 od the 3 mg of the okw panther (yea plus the top mg that cost 60) so it could get a reduction

OMFG A 180 Fuel Tank DESTROYER is very strong against tanks?
VET 3 300 mp infantry unit has increased damage?
A primarly anti-inf tank has better inf DPS than a Panther ??

How the fuck is a T34 soviet tank gonna perform better gainst infantry than my based german anti-tank armor?

BETTER NERF THE SHIT OUT OF SOVIETS ASAP!!!!

8 Jul 2016, 19:29 PM

When they fix USF mortar, you will ask for riflemen nerf, then Stuart nerf, then BAR nerf.
I like how all you guys point out as okw weakness is lack of volks schrek.

K, i guess mortar is fine then. My mistake.

I was going to call for a stuart nerf next, but then you called me out on it. Now i have to stay quiet :megusta:
8 Jul 2016, 19:32 PM

Mortar is op and broken.
But it doesn't mean that's the reason usf is strong or okw loses.

I'm calling it, once they fix mortar everyone will ask for riflemen nerf.

All okw noobs ask for is schrek back so that they can go back to just upgrade schreks and blob.

Soooo much fun and tactics, omg, I wonder what player base is the worst in this game!

Also please, stop complaining that penals have long range damage, they are armed with fucking SVT rifles, not PPsh or MP40, they are made to be good at all range, and better at short to mid range.

If I follow your logic :
G43 upgrade should get a nerf
Nerf FG42 rifles.

And last nerf Sturms with their STG rifle, they perform decently at long range.
8 Jul 2016, 19:58 PM

Main one of the two main problem after patch is US mortar....

Really but really collapsing game balance with homing missiles fired inside FOV and humongous range.....

It should be completely taken out from game meta or turned into 60mm mortar with 60 range and small AOE....

Other one is OKW teching with upgrade nerfs... they should be without fuel to let okw hold ground against allied zerglings.....

8 Jul 2016, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2016, 19:58 PMSahinK
Main one of the two main problem after patch is US mortar....

Really but really collapsing game balance with homing missiles fired inside FOV and humongous range.....

It should be completely taken out from game meta or turned into 60mm mortar with 60 range and small AOE....

Other one is OKW teching with upgrade nerfs... they should be without fuel to let okw hold ground against allied zerglings.....

One solution is to let them have one free truck from start, without having to build it.
8 Jul 2016, 20:42 PM

Can someone please explain how lowering the range on the mortar suppose to fix it? This thing has virtually 100% accuracy and insane damage and rate of fire, and out of all the things we want to reduce the range. Why? All it will do is make it frustrating to use. Its like reducing the range on a T0 AT gun that accidentally had its accuracy, rate of fire and damage buffed past all other >T0 AT guns. Just normalize all the other stats so that MGs don't get wiped on the first shot.

less range means it can cover less of the map.

less range means the ost mortar can barrage it more safety

less range means that it can't cover the bofor sitting 10 meters in front of it. a ost mortar barraging a bofor is out of range of the mortar emplacement if both mortars have 80 range

this means that a ost can more easily whittle down a simcity.
8 Jul 2016, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2016, 15:54 PMAradan

+1

What simply wait one more week and not succumbing to hysteria?

Your attitude sucks in every post you make.
8 Jul 2016, 22:46 PM
Patrion 14

4 day averages of win percentages only including top 150 vs top 150 matches; the areas indicate +/- one standard deviation estimated via jackknife.

:)
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight