Login

russian armor

Conscripts may as well be removed

5 Jul 2016, 12:53 PM

Buff soviet infantry Kappa
5 Jul 2016, 14:35 PM

reduce molotov throwing time, other than that I am satisfied with how conscripts perform
5 Jul 2016, 15:23 PM

At most, cons should get a reinforce price decrease from 20 to 15 and 25% faster reinforce speed when T4 is unlocked for maximum rapid deployment

Also, Molotovs and AT grenade should be merged into one 250 manpower, 30 fuel package.

So now you can add a more meaningful 3rd HQ upgrade for the SU, like a passive "rapid conscription" for vehicles, costing 300 manpower, 100 fuel to unlock at T4, where for every 2 non clown car vehicles you lose, you get a free T34/76.
5 Jul 2016, 16:14 PM

At most, cons should get a reinforce price decrease from 20 to 15 and 25% faster reinforce speed when T4 is unlocked for maximum rapid deployment

Also, Molotovs and AT grenade should be merged into one 250 manpower, 30 fuel package.

So now you can add a more meaningful 3rd HQ upgrade for the SU, like a passive "rapid conscription" for vehicles, costing 300 manpower, 100 fuel to unlock at T4, where for every 2 non clown car vehicles you lose, you get a free T34/76.

I smell T-70/Su-76 spam :D
Imagine that in Tank Hunter Tactics shell (dat salvage).
5 Jul 2016, 16:45 PM

Thanks to merge it will allow you to reinforce every unit at 15 mp ( except sniper ) well too op ...
5 Jul 2016, 17:01 PM

Soviets can get a lot of utility out of their mainline infantry unlike anyone else, combine that with the squad being cheap and spammable, I'd say you get really good meat-shield/support infantry at times, as other people have said, they're good screening units, plus who doesn't like getting his tanks repaired by 3 of his mainline infantry units, as an example.
5 Jul 2016, 18:27 PM

Cons dont die, their utility is crazy, they available right from the start in numbers, sure they suck in lategame against vetted axis infantry, but if you find yourself in position where you forced to fight vetted axis infantry with cons you should ask yourself what you did wong to allow this to happen instead of creating completely false threads asking to buff already strong unit which perfectly in place.
5 Jul 2016, 18:43 PM

Cons are fine.

Sometimes I can achieve 40-60kills in 2v2 on 1 squad without upgrades.

Tho PTRS upgrade should be a bit better...
5 Jul 2016, 19:03 PM

I feel that they lack utility in the lategame. Due to a lack of weapon upgrades they tend to not fill arole facing Obersoldaten, Vet 5 Volks and MG Gren blobs.

I feel they could get some kind of minor additional buff on Vet 3 to not throw over the early-game.
5 Jul 2016, 19:10 PM

wow, blatantly lying, a new low on this forum...
5 Jul 2016, 19:12 PM

wow, blatantly lying, a new low on this forum...

Not at all.

Wanna make a bet? I will post screen of 2v2 as Soviets with Cons having 40+ kills.
5 Jul 2016, 19:22 PM

Cons dont die, their utility is crazy, they available right from the start in numbers, sure they suck in lategame against vetted axis infantry, but if you find yourself in position where you forced to fight vetted axis infantry with cons you should ask yourself what you did wong to allow this to happen instead of creating completely false threads asking to buff already strong unit which perfectly in place.

Jadame pretty much nailed it.

Cons are fine.

Tho PTRS upgrade should be a bit better...

AT weapon on a squad with AT snare and ability to temporary increase movement speed shouldn't be powerful.
Otherwise it would be no better than volksschrek blobs, though latter had bigger alpha strike.
Also it's not like PTRS is purely AT weapon like Schrek and Zooks right now after nerf (only 25% damage to inf)
5 Jul 2016, 20:06 PM

I don't think this was a balance post so much as an open love letter to Miss Commisar
5 Jul 2016, 20:28 PM

but if you find yourself in position where you forced to fight vetted axis infantry with cons you should ask yourself what you did wong to allow this to happen

what we did wrong? the fact that we are still using conscript into the late game?

the conscript cost 6 pops. Even engineers get into fights.
5 Jul 2016, 21:00 PM
Donator 11

Hit The Dirt is an underused ability. Cons need a buff.
6 Jul 2016, 01:49 AM

That's right, you heard me.

Every other mainline infantry unit has a weapon. MG42 LMG, bren, STG44, BAR. What do conscripts have? A doctrinal weapon that nerfs their long range damage. And they are so weak they can't even function as quasi shock troops.

It's true that conscripts do not champion themselves with a weapon upgrade such as an LMG. However, it's important to remember the sheer amount of utility they promise when taking into doctrinal power into consideration.

A) PPSh are an affordable and useful upgrade. Sure, it nerfs long range, but remember that conscripts were never meant to engage at that distance. When engaged at short range, they can out-do grens, while anywhere past mid means a definite disparity in damage due to their inaccuracy. PPSh nerfs the short range, but provides a great boost to close range (which is the ideal range of engagement) as well as recent buffs made it so that mid-range dps is not reduced. If anything, it's an upgrade that maximizes the intended damage range for conscripts. Oorah is a great complimentary ability to come with it too!

B) Rapid conscription is one of the most under-appreciated yet heavily praised commander ability. The cost is by no means cheap, but the potential of bringing 2 new squads out for an engagement is more than a good reason to rely on it. It saves quite a bit on manpower when used appropriately so that much of it can be diverted to teching and other purposes. You compare that to wermacht's relief infantry which provides ostruppen, and you will learn to appreciate how much better this ability is.

C) Conscripts repair/Conscripts PTRS/RPK barrage/AT mine/Flare mine/Reinforce various other utility and upgrades truly define their role as a utilitarian if not all-can-do unit that sports both high survivability as well as potential to bring positive results in other means. Damage is not the only thing that dictates the power of a unit.

Utility? They have no advantage. Other faction has an AT snare (except brits), and every other faction has better grenades. Even their sandbags are the worst.

Conscripts sandbags are pretty solid. Not sure what you are going on about. It's the only sandbag that actually doesn't break from a single shot by axis medium armor. Other utility purposes are there in point C that I've listed.

Cost? At 20 per man they are actually terrible for their performance.
20 manpower is second to Ostruppen, which - while sporting commendable ability in the game of attriton - has a dps that even conscripts can laugh at. This is nearly 50% less than the Grenadier reinforce price, and in comparison, conscripts has the potential of dealing much more damage in one barrage than what grens can due to additional models. I will state again that the key is their inaccuracy. Place them at close range and much of this complication no longer becomes an issue.

Cons should be buffed to keep up with the infantry power creep of everyone else. And most of all just give them 2 DP28 as non-doctrinal upgrades.

There's been constant buffs for conscripts and as a soviet fan boy I am quite pleased, but my conscious warns me that over-doing the improvements will only feed more into the power creep. Fixing a power creep isn't giving into it, comrade. If anything, a rational conclusion that should be gained from the observation of a powercreep is to make sure every other faction suspect of this issue should be reviewed!
6 Jul 2016, 19:08 PM

SVT upgrade instead of ppsh, f1 grenades additional to molotovs.
6 Jul 2016, 19:28 PM

I smell T-70/Su-76 spam :D
Imagine that in Tank Hunter Tactics shell (dat salvage).

It would be a resource loss in the medium run

1 T34/76 = 80 fuel

Cheapest non-clown car vehicle in SU is the M5 HT, which is 45 fuel I think.

2 dead HTs = 90 fuel loss + 1 free T34 = 10 fuel loss.

It would also be a T4 tech unlock at 300 manpower, 100 fuel. so unless your tank hunters with a 100 muni salvage engie, it would be better to just build T34s instead of spamming HTs or T70s late game.

Thanks to merge it will allow you to reinforce every unit at 15 mp ( except sniper ) well too op ...

So when it was 20 mp it wasn't OP?

Also when T4 was unlocked is a keyword. so a late game bone-us
6 Jul 2016, 20:12 PM

I like grittles idea, Russian conscript are for one purpoae and one purpose only and thats to protect my other valuable units.

Lets be honest, if the russian flag was accurate it would have a picture of a cabbage, vodka and a dying russian man by either a hail of bullets from either his enemya or his own government!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★