Login

russian armor

Conscripts may as well be removed

5 Jul 2016, 02:40 AM

That's right, you heard me.

Every other mainline infantry unit has a weapon. MG42 LMG, bren, STG44, BAR. What do conscripts have? A doctrinal weapon that nerfs their long range damage. And they are so weak they can't even function as quasi shock troops.

Utility? They have no advantage. Other faction has an AT snare (except brits), and every other faction has better grenades. Even their sandbags are the worst.

Cost? At 20 per man they are actually terrible for their performance.

Cons should be buffed to keep up with the infantry power creep of everyone else. And most of all just give them 2 DP28 as non-doctrinal upgrades.

5 Jul 2016, 02:49 AM

Of coursh
5 Jul 2016, 02:50 AM

No thanks, I like my cons just fine.
5 Jul 2016, 02:51 AM

No thanks, I like my cons just fine.

You mean useless manpower drains?
5 Jul 2016, 03:30 AM

You mean useless manpower drains?
I don't think you are using them right.

there are three ways to use them

1. Backup for penals or snipers to chase away light vehicles until vehicles arrive, also using merge to keep up dps

2. screens for maxims and AT guns so you have vision and your enemy can't flank as easily, also merge to keep your MGs holding ground

3. Con spam with ppsh and molotovs everywhere, with rapid conscriptions to keep the cons coming

None of these ever require your cons to actually be as good as the unit they are facing. You either support heavy hitters and support weapons, or use commander abilities to outnumber your opponent.
5 Jul 2016, 03:52 AM

I don't think you are using them right.

there are three ways to use them

1. Backup for penals or snipers to chase away light vehicles until vehicles arrive, also using merge to keep up dps

2. screens for maxims and AT guns so you have vision and your enemy can't flank as easily, also merge to keep your MGs holding ground

3. Con spam with ppsh and molotovs everywhere, with rapid conscriptions to keep the cons coming

None of these ever require your cons to actually be as good as the unit they are facing. You either support heavy hitters and support weapons, or use commander abilities to outnumber your opponent.

Pretty much this. Their main role isn't to deal or dish out damage, its to make sure other Soviet units live long enough to do it.
aaa
5 Jul 2016, 04:09 AM

+1. Instead of useless penals buff better do smth to counter supresion and camping and long range unit.
5 Jul 2016, 04:13 AM

Someone here needs to think about how to readjust their unit's role and tactics on the field here. Cause it's quite clear that you don't know what is the conscript role is.

I mean pro players even use Ostruppen for their strategy, OSTRUPPEN which is much lesser ver. than conscript, but can still be viable if you know how to use them right in terms of either maintaining a frontline presence, or to support light ~ heavy vehicles from early to late games. Which same goes to Conscript which can do both supporting vehicle, or maintaining frontline presence, or even support their weapon crew with Molotov or PPsH or Anti Tank Gun, depends on what commander you're going for.
5 Jul 2016, 04:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

They were always intended to be meatshields to cover for the rest of the faction, and now the rest of their faction effectively facilitates doing that. They're pretty much just where they should be.
5 Jul 2016, 04:50 AM

Why are these boards so melodramatic all the time? Are there no standards? Did the mods just give up? Are people suffering in real life and come here to vent about everything?
5 Jul 2016, 05:30 AM

Conscripts are a decent mainline infantry who can transfer their squad members to do a makeshift reinforce on support weapon teams or elite infantry. They are also the cheapest to reinforce and can allow the Soviet's to field more units because of this. At the same time, conscripts can win the war of attrition where other factions can't take that risk.

It all just matters on how they're used.
5 Jul 2016, 09:21 AM

But something needs to sustain my penals and cap the map until M5 arrives!

Plus, they're beasts at vet3 with PPSH.

If only their PTRS were useful vs inf when the distance is longer then barrel... :foreveralone:

Cons need some love that wouldn't be a direct buff to the unit stats, useful and potent doctrinal weapons would be enough.

HOWEVER!

I wouldn't directly oppose to additional meaningful side grades located at T4.
I could even go for something like that for the ost due to expansion armies power creep.
5 Jul 2016, 09:24 AM

The only real good strat that involves cons is die hard spamming them in the early game on a map that doesn´t favor Ostheer. You can get 4 cons out by the time the first 3 grens arrive. You can simply overpower them by absolute spam. On maps like minsk pocket, La gleize and lost glider, you will have an easy time.

Otherwise, I don´t see any reason to go cons.
5 Jul 2016, 10:08 AM

I wouldn't directly oppose to additional meaningful side grades located at T4.
I could even go for something like that for the ost due to expansion armies power creep.

Maybe conscripts could get two or three of their men to get SVTs when T3 or T4 is built.
5 Jul 2016, 10:19 AM

Maybe conscripts could get two or three of their men to get SVTs when T3 or T4 is built.

That really wouldn't help at all.
5 Jul 2016, 10:38 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Apart from their unreliable damage output and their droprate at higher veterancy levels I think they are fine.
5 Jul 2016, 11:05 AM

first of all...

as weak as the conscript, the soviet are strong enough to over come their weakness. the faction overall feel really strong at the moment even if the conscript is little more than cannon fodder.

if you want to make the conscript actually useful, it would require some kind of firepower upgrade to make them scale. I wouldn't buff the conscript without nerfing something. the most obvious place would be the conscript's dodging bonus at vet 3.

if you want something more concrete:
5 Jul 2016, 11:42 AM

That's right, you heard me.

Every other mainline infantry unit has a 5 man. What do gren have? A weapon that has some long range damage. And they are so weak they can't even function cause they get easily wiped.

Utility? They have no advantage. Other faction has better vet , and every other faction has cheaper reinforce .they can't even build their sandbags .

Cost? At 240 per squad they are actually terrible for their performance.

Gren should be buffed to keep up with the infantry power creep of everyone else. And most of all just give them A 5 non-doctrinal upgrade at tier 4.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★