Login

russian armor

Counter to OH camping?

aaa
3 Jul 2016, 13:49 PM

- 2MG in case of cons or penals start
- or MG+mortar in case of my T2

That Is start that i cant deal with. Later this evolve into full camping.
But to be more specific my question is how not to lose opening. GM doc every game is too predictable. How to counter that with stock units?

Results of using own mortar+mg is highlighted here. OH mortar is basicaly 4 times better
3 Jul 2016, 14:09 PM

u cant play SOv without Commander
aaa
3 Jul 2016, 14:25 PM

•  

new sample of strong player losing to this camping
3 Jul 2016, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 14:25 PMaaa
  •  

new sample of strong player losing to this camping

The SU player got outplayed right at the beginning, HARD. As for his mistakes;

- Playing defensively and being timid overall.
- Starting with Tier 2. Even then, he just built the building and didn't build any support unit.
- Clueless, he was capping his opponent's muni point instead of cutoff or fuel.
- No nade teching.
3 Jul 2016, 15:00 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah because of camping, not because joris ann max1336 are both good players :>
3 Jul 2016, 15:57 PM

Wow.

Apparently holding your territory in a territorial control based game is now "camping."

Please go back to Call of Duty or whatever FPS you came from.
3 Jul 2016, 16:41 PM

aaa you are rank 270 as soviets and at that rank ostheer players make a lot mistakes and often 1 bad move for ostheer means a lot game.

Instaed of crying to balance and looking to good players that lose games against other good players(balance is fine and good players tend to lose sometimes too) you should post here your own replay here so we can improve you.

I´m pretty much sure there are lots of thinks you can improve before you start whining at balance ...

Hector
aaa
3 Jul 2016, 18:10 PM

aaa you are rank 270 as soviets and at that rank ostheer players make a lot mistakes and often 1 bad move for ostheer means a lot game.

Instaed of crying to balance and looking to good players that lose games against other good players(balance is fine and good players tend to lose sometimes too) you should post here your own replay here so we can improve you.

I´m pretty much sure there are lots of thinks you can improve before you start whining at balance ...

Hector

its not just they make mistaks they basicaly dont do anything that involve skill. Or user input even.
If they play chess or maybe sc2 where having a skill is imperative they would lose everithing. In my view they mostly camp or blob if okw. Thats all the skill. My rank was 140 or smth 5 days ago. I suppose if i play as dumb as they do i can get rank back. 120 mortar every game. I just try to use some skill inf micro etc.
3 Jul 2016, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 18:10 PMaaa

its not just they make mistaks they basicaly dont do anything that involve skill. Or user input even.
If they play chess or maybe sc2 where having a skill is imperative they would lose everithing. In my view they mostly camp or blob if okw. Thats all the skill. My rank was 140 or smth 5 days ago. I suppose if i play as dumb as they do i can get rank back. 120 mortar every game. I just try to use some skill inf micro etc.

give us replay where you lose against that strat and we may help you. From this I cannot help you sorry
aaa
4 Jul 2016, 10:52 AM

her is replay of this bs. This skill-less abuser is doing this absolutely every game i played with him. 2 mg into 2 222. He also has a sniper bulletin so ...

Previously light vehs rush waa the only counter to this garbage play. But now dirt cheap 222s and tellers oneshoting them thanks lelic.

give us replay where you lose against that strat and we may help you. From this I cannot help you sorry
4 Jul 2016, 11:07 AM

gonna look at it once I finish my game, don´t worry buddy
4 Jul 2016, 19:05 PM

I´m really unhappy because of your ingame language. 3x shit in match and the calling player that is better than you noob is nonsense. It is even worse when you want to get help and you only give toxic envirement for your strategist. Because of your accession to this game, I will do this review without any eufemisms. Enjoy.

In your first mines of game I was really happy. Your commader choice was great one of best you can chose, but I fear you have chosen your commader to fast. Partisans and assault are start game choosed, this one should be chosed after 2 Cp because it offers you little to no utility before and you still can change to other commader later. But it was best choice in this manner so it was not mistake.

Then game beggins. Why the hell you went with our engineers to cap his site. Use cons when you know there will be fights. If you want agressive start use pio to cap your fuel and nearby points and use one cons to get hif fuel house and second to get his munny so you can flank him (you had pios there and that why you was unable to defeat his pios near VP and then also why you did not counter his hmg and then gain his fuel[first con in house to bait mg second to ooorah behind it and force it to retreat] )

Also why you didn´t go molotovs after 3-4 conscript, they are so good against double mg when oponent tend to go for buildings. You would have much easier time if you researched mollys.

1:45 near that VP house why you kept your cons at mid range against his pios, if you went log range you could possibly defeat them and the put big pressure once second squad come. But you put bad fight and then retreat 5 men squad (why???) once you get second cons there and seized house. If you did not retreat with 5men cons and did not (idk once again why) abandon that house you was able to defeat his pio-gren combo and once again push and seize his goddamn fuel.

Also near your fuel. Why you went there with 1 consript when you knew there is mg. Always go with 2 suqads against mgs, one to bait mg and second to flank it and force it retreat while first squad keep it occupied.

Nice mortar but I think mollies and possibly maxim would be much better (maxim defeats mg in the open)
Also you can see if there is mg in house by clicking on house and then you can see mg ark out of it. thx to this you can tell your mortar where to attack more efficiently.

Don´t sit in hq with your squads, use them all to flank mgs from different locations do not blob, also use enginners to cap your side of map and cons to attack his part of map, dont use whole army at one point.

Use your munnition plant demos, you had 140 munny at 7 minutes and idle enginner, plant demo near his VP and boom some squads with it.

Why you get second mortar. One is enaugh. Getting at gun and fast t70 instaed of another guard troop and mortar could save you the game. t70 counters 222. Also he had no at gun and that means t70 would have wreck his day

Right now the game was already lost for you because you did not chose engangements wisely, you did not flank his hmgs, you did not get mollies and refused to get fast t70 and at gun. If you went 2 at guns later and also more maxims you could have actually won that, but you went too angry, lost squad in house because of bad micro, started blobing, lost whole map and thats it you lost the game.

RECAP:
use pios to cap your site of map
flank mgs, get mollies to counter mgs in houses
get at gun to counter 444
1 mortar is enaugh
t70 is strong against extended t2 without at gun
maxim counter mg42 in open
use smoke from mortar to couunter mgs
dont blob
plant mines and demos
and dont retreat too soon and pick your engangements more wisely.

You lost because of mistakes i pointed here, not because of OP ostheer.

Hope I helped you

Hector

aaa
5 Jul 2016, 04:33 AM

i read that. I agree to some extent with most of that.

I wasnt trying my best in this game cuz i know i cant win vs that build no matter who i play against.

Some random things (maybe not that important)
1. Teching to t70 while he alraedy have 2 222 is equvalent to alt-f4 imo.
2. On this map with open center to flank (eg that central mg) you need in least 1 squad advantage. OH have extra squad. If he keeps units in position all your squads (including flanking ones) will be countered.

Right now whenever i saw get this faction i want alt f4. I cant even try hard cuz to try hard you must know what to do.

another 2 things
1. if you flank mg with molo he would maximum drop 2 models. And just reposition mg. Most likely he would drop none. So what is the point of flanking then? MG reposition - that all you get ussualy, and drop own models to grens.
2. flanking is possible only if isnt thinking about posobilities of it. Its a lot easier to counter flank than to flank.

going straith to this cenral building is useless 100% since he would just force cons out of this building with mg in RED COVER even
aaa
5 Jul 2016, 07:51 AM

fact that they allowed to see mg in a building in FOW tells me that they admit that those axis mg arcs are broken with non excistent counters to them.
5 Jul 2016, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2016, 04:33 AMaaa
i read that. I agree to some extent with most of that.

I wasnt trying my best in this game cuz i know i cant win vs that build no matter who i play against.

Some random things (maybe not that important)

Thats bullshit. You can win against anyone. It is all about strategy and outplaying. If you tryed harder, get right counters, get mollies to dislodge mgs and then force them to retreat (mg´s have increased recieved acuraccy so they die faster once flanked). I believe if you played against jesulin you could not win, but lot of self-improvement you could possibly once start wrecking their ass. Just don´t be that toxic, try other side (noobish ostheer for you), learn how hard is to position mgs well and then look how your opponents counter you mg play.

1. Teching to t70 while he alraedy have 2 222 is equvalent to alt-f4 imo.
2. On this map with open center to flank (eg that central mg) you need in least 1 squad advantage. OH have extra squad. If he keeps units in position all your squads (including flanking ones) will be countered.

Right now whenever i saw get this faction i want alt f4. I cant even try hard cuz to try hard you must know what to do.

1. That is stupid, t70 wrecks 444 if you support it with at gun (whitch you should have even before) and t70 tend to wipe retreating squads much more than 444 because it is significantly better AI light TANK.
And nothing is equivalent to alt+F4. Belive me if you only think you cannot win against ostheer and you do not try anything new, then you never win.
2. OH have extra squad. LOL. Thats bullshit. Ostheer have some starting mp bonus but almost lose it once they tech tier1. And after t2 they pay so much mp for tiering and buidling tier2 that they are in disadvantage vs your tier2. And yes you need one squad advantage to flank, one to keep mg ocuppied and secon to hoorah from other part of map then molly it and focus it once it starts repositioning. Remember once you force mg to reposition supressed squad will return to normal so you can 2v1 counter those grens later (it does not mind you lost 3 models you still have advantage in 9 cons vs 4 grens)

another 2 things
1. if you flank mg with molo he would maximum drop 2 models. And just reposition mg. Most likely he would drop none. So what is the point of flanking then? MG reposition - that all you get ussualy, and drop own models to grens.
2. flanking is possible only if isnt thinking about posobilities of it. Its a lot easier to counter flank than to flank.

going straith to this cenral building is useless 100% since he would just force cons out of this building with mg in RED COVER even

1.You have to focus mg and get point blank at it so it cannot reposition and need to retreat.
2. Good flanking is really hard to counter. Soviets are that faction that creates game. Ostheer tries to counter it and hold until tiger. And if soviets pull it well, then ostheer loses it position and will have really hard time to come back.

Then dont go straigt. Use one squad to keep mg ocuppied (preferably in gree cover) and another to flank. If he starts focusing flanking squad, go and oorah with first squad and molly that beast and then focus it down.

USE oooraaaah and molotovs, it is one of best thinks russians have against mgs.

Hope I helped you

Hector
5 Jul 2016, 09:20 AM

Just veto the maps that Ostheer can camp on. 90% of the maps do not favor Ostheer, so you are good to roflstomp poor Axis again
22 Jul 2016, 10:36 AM

Its funny when somebody saying at this rank you make those mistakes and in another point you can win with this strategy. thats weird and contradictory. Please Dont make a big hype about rank lvl stuff.

If I'm play Allies I'm always Veto Crossing the Woods because its hard to playing against axis especially in late game. I dont see a big problem in "camping" .
22 Jul 2016, 11:32 AM

Its funny when somebody saying at this rank you make those mistakes and in another point you can win with this strategy. thats weird and contradictory. Please Dont make a big hype about rank lvl stuff.

If I'm play Allies I'm always Veto Crossing the Woods because its hard to playing against axis especially in late game. I dont see a big problem in "camping" .

Hi here.

I recommend you to not hear to everyone here, don´t believe in everything and be ready to bias. Its internet.

Camping is normal strategy by lots of players hate it and then they whine thats everything.

And ranks here ranks there will always be point of comflict. Mainly because some players use them even if they say bullshit and others use them to stop other players to stop saing bullshit. Its not that easy at all.

Remember every strategy that works ans is not abusing some bug is viaable strategy, only some players have problem with OP units (me too) but that is problem of Relic screwing it up, not problem of players actually
25 Jul 2016, 16:52 PM

There is no real solution outside of 3x120mm or a katyusha.
But both are "lucky" options, as in you will play it more on chance and RNG than a safe decision.

Once ost has camped good you're done unless you have a good artillery commander.
And as Every single soviet artillery is practically bad...

The B-4 and ML-20 are both completely useless ever since they nerfed their AOE for no reason.
I suggest requesting a buff on these.
V-T
18 Feb 2017, 11:02 AM

Bad craftsmen blame the tools.

Can't rush mg-42? order men to hop in to HT, drive behind, unload, nade, ????, profit.

Halftrack = ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIER. That is what it does. Carries personnel while providing armor so that afore mentioned personnel don't get shot by nasty weapons. Personnel can even shoot out of the vehicle while riding, handy!

Thinking outside of the box (putting soldiers inside moving armored box) sometimes helps.

And yeah, if you decide you have lost before the game starts, there really is no chance of victory. All you have left is just to whine and rage and moan. Not constructive. Man up, and try.

Could it be that there actually is a problem which roots from you, not from somewhere/someone else? I've dealt with a couple of narcissists, and it can be hard for them to face their own faults.
And self evaluation is the most important tool while trying to learn and improve. Keep that in mind.

Sorry, i just had to feed the troll, but same applies for everyone. Me as well.

EDIT: WHOOPS!!! awful necro strikes again. Should have checked date. Sorry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★