Login

russian armor

What does the Future hold for CoH2?

1 Jul 2016, 00:46 AM

As of this month we are 3 years into Relic's 5 year plan for this game. What do you guys think the future holds for this game? I am still crossing my fingers for a Italian/ German hybrid army to fill out the third Axis army slot and maybe some new commander sprinkled in as well. Also balance seems to be in one of its best states since the game launched and I hope it continues. What do you guys think? What do you think will come to the game in the next few years?
1 Jul 2016, 00:48 AM

In the next 2 years? Maybe another balance patch. Probably nothing, lol. They've already milked the game dry pretty much. The player base is shrinking. They would have to do something cRRRRAAAAZY! Like a new faction. But it probably won't happen.
1 Jul 2016, 01:28 AM

The way I see it, Relic knows this community is hungry for more content. The April Foos joke post they put out on social media proves it. An army is the most logical thing to keep the CoH2 train going. They were producing Dawn of War 2 content up until recently, and the game is seven years old.
1 Jul 2016, 04:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

DED GAEM DED GAEM DED GAEM DED GAEM DED GAEM DED GAEM DED GAEM DED GAEM DED GAEM DED GAEM

I really wouldn't expect much in the way of new multiplayer content, though. Maybe a few more commanders (which could potentially satisfy in a bit of the demand for the flavour of new factions, like an Italian tank), but that's probably it. I think it far more likely they'd do a singleplayer expansion for UKF than try to wrangle up a new multiplayer faction.
1 Jul 2016, 04:38 AM
Donator 11

1 Jul 2016, 04:40 AM

I'd fkn hope at least add 1 more Axis faction... Easiest would be Afrika COrps
1 Jul 2016, 05:15 AM

last thing the COH franchise needs is more Germans
1 Jul 2016, 05:38 AM

New German faction.

And more user created content. And possibly the game going F2P.
1 Jul 2016, 08:12 AM

I'd fkn hope at least add 1 more Axis faction... Easiest would be Afrika COrps
I was hoping for something along the lines of Eastern Front/ North African Italian Army with German support.
1 Jul 2016, 08:15 AM

Given the works on DoW3, loss of current staff and so on?

If we'll get new commanders for all factions over these two years, I'll be extremely surprised.

I would expect minor balance patches though, at least for one more year.

Can't possibly thing of one big thing, content wise, they could add.
1 Jul 2016, 08:25 AM

new commander
new skin
new bug
1 Jul 2016, 08:29 AM

Given the works on DoW3, loss of current staff and so on?

If we'll get new commanders for all factions over these two years, I'll be extremely surprised.

I would expect minor balance patches though, at least for one more year.

Can't possibly thing of one big thing, content wise, they could add.
Hopefully after the release of DOW3 they give a little focus to CoH2. Maybe they will go out with this 5 years plan with a bang.
1 Jul 2016, 08:48 AM

It is kinda sad reading all your comments about Relic abandoning this game.

Anyway, I would really love to see some new content for these two years ahead of us.
1 Jul 2016, 08:57 AM

In the next 2 years? Maybe another balance patch. Probably nothing, lol. They've already milked the game dry pretty much. The player base is shrinking. They would have to do something cRRRRAAAAZY! Like a new faction. But it probably won't happen.

Hello, pls switch your profile picture to something else. Everytime I see that goddamn partisan with PTRS I think katitof is trolling another thread once again
1 Jul 2016, 08:59 AM

Balance is fine, that means new faction is coming.

Balance was good before USA and OKW

And also was good before brits come
1 Jul 2016, 09:14 AM

After the recent combined arms fiasco it's become clear to me that COH2 is supported by one developer and not even he cares anymore. I don't expect any new content at this point tbh, just a slow death over the coming years.
1 Jul 2016, 09:18 AM

Hopefully after the release of DOW3 they give a little focus to CoH2. Maybe they will go out with this 5 years plan with a bang.

Well, the one thing that gives me hope is, after so long time, they've released Necron Lord for the DoW2 last stand, that was still completely new model, animations and graphical assets as well as mechanics, so commanders should be possible.
1 Jul 2016, 09:27 AM

A game breaking bug is still not fixed after 2 weeks so ... i dont really think they do care of coh2 multiplayer, and even less on "esport"
1 Jul 2016, 09:53 AM
Donator 11

Well, the one thing that gives me hope is, after so long time, they've released Necron Lord for the DoW2 last stand, that was still completely new model, animations and graphical assets as well as mechanics, so commanders should be possible.

They propably released that to get DoW2 into peoples minds before they announced DoW3. Just a marketing thing for DoW3..
1 Jul 2016, 09:54 AM

yeah it feels like lelic office is 1 man squad
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight