russian armor

MG34 has the wrong icon

• This thread is locked
29 Jun 2016, 09:18 AM

It has the wrong icon. :foreveralone:
29 Jun 2016, 09:40 AM

...Dem priorities tho.
29 Jun 2016, 10:21 AM

And remove the stupid fucking requirement.
29 Jun 2016, 10:29 AM

And remove the stupid fucking requirement.

The requirement is there so that it will come out around the same time it used to (1 CP)
29 Jun 2016, 10:47 AM

Lelic= lazy
29 Jun 2016, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 10:29 AMmedhood

The requirement is there so that it will come out around the same time it used to (1 CP)

Should we lock USF mortar behind tier so it would come the same time with USF mortar HT?
29 Jun 2016, 11:55 AM

Should we lock USF mortar behind tier so it would come the same time with USF mortar HT?

Should we do the same to Wehrmacht Mortars so it comes out at the same time as the Wehrmacht Mortar Halftrack?
29 Jun 2016, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 10:29 AMmedhood

I know why they did it but it didn't make sense to keep it, what's your excuse for the best and second best MGs in the game being T0? What, being able to produce the MG34 right off the bat is going to break balance as much as the USF Mortar is currently or something? If weapon teams in T0 are hard to balance then move all of them to T1 but that includes everybody, and yeah I'm really not talking about Soviets cause I don't really care about them.

Producing a single MG34 and then an sWs/sturmpioneer/volk/kubel/raketen is not going to break anything, if anything it will just help OKW secure a position earlier to setup, if the OKW player so much as to decides to go full spam on the MG34 like the Wehr can he's good as dead since he's clogging up his production, and yeah I know Wehr can't tech if they keep spamming MG42s but still they can get a good 2 or 3 out as well as have T1 down before needing to tech up so his production is not as hampered as OKW's one would be.
29 Jun 2016, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 11:55 AMmedhood

Should we do the same to Wehrmacht Mortars so it comes out at the same time as the Wehrmacht Mortar Halftrack?

:snfPeter: :hansGG: :hansREKT:
29 Jun 2016, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 11:55 AMmedhood

Good logic bro, except both Wehr and soviets were able to have mortars right after start and their armies is balanced around that fact.

While USF never ever was intendent to have non doc mortar aswell as OKW MG34. And USF with supperior inf for some reason can have supperior mortar right off the bat, while OKW with shitties main line inf and shittiest MG in the game, still forced to tech up to get this MG.

Biased much m8?
29 Jun 2016, 12:49 PM

Good logic bro, except both Wehr and soviets were able to have mortars right after start and their armies is balanced around that fact.

While USF never ever was intendent to have non doc mortar aswell as OKW MG34. And USF with supperior inf for some reason can have supperior mortar right off the bat, while OKW with shitties main line inf and shittiest MG in the game, still forced to tech up to get this MG.

Biased much m8?

Do you even have a clue WHY the mortar is in T0?
The whole point of its existence is for it to be T0. If it was to be anywhere else, it could be just as well removed again.
29 Jun 2016, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 12:49 PMKatitof

The whole point of its existence is for it to be T0. If it was to be anywhere else, it could be just as well removed again.

Because instead of rushing light armor and saving ammo for LMGs\Zooks\Bar USF had to unlock nades to counter MG?

Oh wow, such perfect reason, but ok wair enouth. The only way for OKW to stay alive vs USF was picking doctrine with MG34.

So again, why MG34 is locked behind tier and mortar not?
29 Jun 2016, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 12:49 PMKatitof

Yeah cos it's such a weak mortar.... no one would ever build it if it wasn't T0 would they? (Im being facetious of course)
Does anyone build Pak Howies anymore? T0 mortar is stupid idea unless its short range and weak.
29 Jun 2016, 13:17 PM

Biased much m8?

Yeah OKW is my most played faction so I guess Im totally biased against it arnt I

May I point out that OKW was intended to have resource penalties but theyre gone, Volks were meant to have Shrecks but thats gone, Jagdpanzer was in the Battlegruppe but guess what that got moved and Relic did all of these big changes for the better, now that USF is FINALLY getting their turn everyone is complaining

OKW Mainline infantry isnt the shittest, they get an non-doc upgrade, they have grenades that help them clear garrisons and deny cover and a panzerfaust may I also point out all of these dont require side-tech I'd definately would take them over lets say Conscripts or Grenadiers and even Infantry Sections because after Riflemen theyre the most versatile mainline infantry squad in the game

Volksgrenadiers also dont get torn apart alone unlike Grenadiers who get rekt if you're not supporting them with a Sniper or MG42 so Wehrmacht needs their support tools

The MG you get through teching no matter what it was put there to come out around 1 CP like it used to they added it there so OKW can deal with blobs without being forced into a commander

Unlike Wehrmacht and UKF who actually need their MGs and other support units to actually fight enemy infantry and not get rolled over by superior or more numerical infantry

USF doesnt deserve a superior Mortar but they do deserve the Mortar, you see countless threads of people asking to nerf it

When someone plays USF unless they go Armor Company and call in Assault Engineers, everygame was 3-4 Rifles into an Officer that goes stale and got old fast but with the introduction of the Mortar that opened up so many opening builds especially in team games

There is in making the Mortar available after a tier has been teched then USF would go back to their 3-4 Rifle Opening Builds

This would only allow the Leut to have some indirect

I know why they did it but it didn't make sense to keep it, what's your excuse for the best and second best MGs in the game being T0? What, being able to produce the MG34 right off the bat is going to break balance as much as the USF Mortar is currently or something? If weapon teams in T0 are hard to balance then move all of them to T1 but that includes everybody, and yeah I'm really not talking about Soviets cause I don't really care about them.

Well first off I wouldnt say the Vickers is the 2nd best MG I'd take a .50 Cal or Maxim over that anyday

But my excuse would be that Grenadiers and Infantry Sections cant hold their own as well Volksgrenadiers thats why they have multiple support options in the early game in the form of MGs, UC and Snipers

Also if I remember correctly MG42 was put into HQ to make builds skipping T1 more viable, it used to be in T1 itself
29 Jun 2016, 13:18 PM

Because instead of rushing light armor and saving ammo for LMGs\Zooks\Bar USF had to unlock nades to counter MG?

Oh wow, such perfect reason, but ok wair enouth. The only way for OKW to stay alive vs USF was picking doctrine with MG34.

Yes.
You got it right.
You have won yet another bucket of edible glue.

Because it had absolutely nothing to do with USF early game opening being as stale, old and unvaried as aaa and ostherlitz war to superiority of the only singular army they play.

So again, why MG34 is locked behind tier and mortar not?

Because relic wanted USF to have additional T0 option, because you know, SOME people have complained about rifle spam being the only thing USF do and now these exactly same people go batshit insane now that USF got something else to build at the start. As for MG, they didn't wanted it to arrive before 1CP, because that is how they balanced it, after 2 years of spamming shreck volks you might have completely forgotten that there are 3 additional units for OKW in T0.
You see forest, but are unable to see trees.
29 Jun 2016, 18:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sigh, derailing threads on the bug section.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★