Login

russian armor

Soviets 4vs4 and 3 vs3 advice

27 Jun 2016, 19:43 PM

I don't consider myself a pro, I am probably decent but that's it. However 7 out of every 10 games I have played are as Soviet.

Being so familiar with the faction I want to offer any humble advice I can on the Red Army. I hope to provide understanding on the nuances of Soviet units and commander in an easily applicable manner. I also understand that most players play the larger scale games and not 1vs1.

28 Jun 2016, 05:06 AM
Patrion 14

care to share any builds? i am actually like your same version except switch sov with USF.

with USF, i just got that nice feel where i just instinctively know when to push, back out, rotate etc etc.

When I switch to SOV, i just feel awkward and just not sure so i don't have specific question.
28 Jun 2016, 05:47 AM

I actually love playing the Soviets in my opinion. While the USF is my current faction I play most of the time, the Soviets are very diverse and can take on certain situations. Not to mention, they also have a variety of commanders which the USF and UKF lack.

My only concern is how to keep a field presence without the Urban doctrine or retreating entire damaged units to heal. There is the M5 halftrack, but do you any advice on how to handle it without losing major ground?
28 Jun 2016, 05:48 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I actually love playing the Soviets in my opinion. While the USF is my current faction I play most of the time, the Soviets are very diverse and can take on certain situations. Not to mention, they also have a variety of commanders which the USF and UKF lack.

My only concern is how to keep a field presence without the Urban doctrine or retreating entire damaged units to heal. There is the M5 halftrack, but do you any advice on how to handle it without losing major ground?

Spam.
28 Jun 2016, 06:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 05:06 AMpigsoup
care to share any builds?

1.Penals
2.penals
3.Penals
4. Depending on the situation I'd make another penal or go Soviet combined arms army and get guards (They have good supporting options, now that SU-85 is buffed we no longer need to rely on doctrinal armor)

For armor it is situational. Does the enemy hold no fuel points? Or do they hold only one and it was recently captured by them. Go T-34/76, always support them with infantry and mind panzerfausts. I've seen players with great micro lose all sorts of stuff just because they forgot about the faust.

If the enemy controls one fuel point or worse,both, go SU-85 immediately, no exceptions.

28 Jun 2016, 06:55 AM

This is where coordination with your allies pays of in dividends. If they are USF, beg them for an ambulance for you to crew. If UK, talk to them about the placement of their FHQ. That's what allies are for.

If these options are unavailable, you must use your discretion about the condition of your squads. Don't just pay attention to their size, but also health. If a 6 man squad is at 50% health, retreat. If it's at say 75% or above, go forward and use your halftrack.

Most importantly, be patient and give your larger squads the time to heal. Healing means more to Soviets than any other faction.
28 Jun 2016, 09:27 AM

This is where coordination with your allies pays of in dividends. If they are USF, beg them for an ambulance for you to crew. If UK, talk to them about the placement of their FHQ. That's what allies are for.

If these options are unavailable, you must use your discretion about the condition of your squads. Don't just pay attention to their size, but also health. If a 6 man squad is at 50% health, retreat. If it's at say 75% or above, go forward and use your halftrack.

Most importantly, be patient and give your larger squads the time to heal. Healing means more to Soviets than any other faction.

Thanks, I guess I'll guess I have to coordinate more with the USF since I really love their ambulances. This is helpful.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★