Login

russian armor

Remove handheld AT from the game

• This thread is locked
26 Jun 2016, 17:05 PM

Game would be more tactical and fun to play without infantry running wild killing tanks which is BTW ridiculous and unrealistic: infantry running at a TANK and shooting rockets, thats StarCraft, not a WW2 theme RTS.

You know, that is exactly what happened in WWII. Infantry running at tanks (usually out of covered positions from the side of the tank or behind it) and throwing shaped charges, magnetic mines, and molotovs* at it. The only inventions that changed that a bit were the Faustpantrone/Panzerfaust and the Bazooka (with the Panzerschreck being a scaled up copy).
The ubiquity of the Faustpatrone for example forced the Soviets to completely rework their combined arms tactics, and adopt a much more infantry-based tank doctrine than at the start of the war.

*adding a little bit of soap-water to the petrol allows the burning mixture to get through the seals around the hatches, letting liquid fire drop into the inside of the tank. Does a great job at changing the focus of the crew so that you can place a magnetic mine right where it counts.
26 Jun 2016, 17:06 PM

If its not the stupidest idea of 2016, its definitely top 3.

Now, waiting for the thread asking to remove guns from tanks, because some other scrub can't deal with them.
26 Jun 2016, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 15:30 PMaaa

noob's okw shitthreads are on the same level as this one. Its definately close race which one is dumbest

When he said puddingposters he meant including yourself. Just making it clear. :D
26 Jun 2016, 17:16 PM

You know, that is exactly what happened in WWII. Infantry running at tanks (usually out of covered positions from the side of the tank or behind it) and throwing shaped charges, magnetic mines, and molotovs* at it. The only inventions that changed that a bit were the Faustpantrone/Panzerfaust and the Bazooka (with the Panzerschreck being a scaled up copy).
The ubiquity of the Faustpatrone for example forced the Soviets to completely rework their combined arms tactics, and adopt a much more infantry-based tank doctrine than at the start of the war.

*adding a little bit of soap-water to the petrol allows the burning mixture to get through the seals around the hatches, letting liquid fire drop into the inside of the tank. Does a great job at changing the focus of the crew so that you can place a magnetic mine right where it counts.

I would not be opposed to emphasizing the more close-range weapons like magnetic mines and molotovs and making the shreck/zook a bit more rare, perhaps even limited to dedicated AT squads instead of having them available as an upgrade to normal units.
26 Jun 2016, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 17:09 PMJohnnyB

When he said puddingposters he meant including yourself. Just making it clear. :D

Still... You are higher on that list :hansWUT:
26 Jun 2016, 17:55 PM

nobody can top aaa on scheibeposters.

in fact, I have a conspiracy theory that he is actually one of mods/admins alt troll accounts due to the amazing nature of him not being banned for some reason. because someone real cannot possibly be stupid enough to make his signature retarded posts seriously.

Haha, why don't you take a rocket launcher and run around a tank, how much seconds will you survive

why the f would anyone run with a rocket launcher around a tank. you see, you take the rocket launcher, and with it, you launch the rocket at the goddamn tank. like what they did in WWII, y'read me? does your little mind comprehend that now?
26 Jun 2016, 18:36 PM

"Leave it, RAMBO rules, USA!"
Dat stealth.

Yeah, I sometimes do get some Rifles with Bazookas vs OKW, just to trigger them that they no longer can do that anymore.
26 Jun 2016, 20:29 PM

Still... You are higher on that list :hansWUT:

You know that isn't true. You just say that because I disagree to your opinions. Fanboys will never agree. But being not only a fanboy but a hater of any opposite faction while constantly posting garbage and allways being miles away from the smallest spark of reality sense, now THAT is aaa and nobody is able to reach that level.
26 Jun 2016, 20:45 PM

Game would be more tactical and fun to play without infantry running wild killing tanks which is BTW ridiculous and unrealistic: infantry running at a TANK and shooting rockets, thats StarCraft, not a WW2 theme RTS.

.... No.

Removing hand-held AT would just make early vehicle rushes even better. A well micro'd stuart/Luchs/T70 would be literally unstoppable.

It would also drastically reduce the use of combined arms. If infantry no longer had hand-held AT, what would be the best counter? Vehicles. What counters vehicles the best now? Other vehicles. Goodbye infantry play, it's just going to be vehicle spam: which is arguably a LOT less tactical than the current infantry gameplay.

With that said, I DO think the prevalence of hand-held AT is a bit too much. Every squad having a zook/piat/shrek is just too much, and promotes blobbing. I'm not sure how you'd implement it, but if there was a way to keep the hand-held AT to squad ratio at around 1:1.5 or 1:1, that would improve the game a lot (2 zooks available per 3 squads on the field, for example).
26 Jun 2016, 20:45 PM

Well, after a half a year waiting relic finally did what I had been saying for a year: remove the damn shreks from volks. Finally Relic made sense. The game is playable again, but I think the game would be great if all handheld AT would be removed with exeption of faust and AT nade. Guard rifles can stay, not much of AT anyways. Game would be more tactical and fun to play without infantry running wild killing tanks which is BTW ridiculous and unrealistic: infantry running at a TANK and shooting rockets, thats StarCraft, not a WW2 theme RTS.

I say remove all the starcraft trash and make a real good WW2 RTS with focus on tanks. Everybody likes tanks right. Its gonna be great.

26 Jun 2016, 20:52 PM

so much fail on this post, even the poll is overwhelming against him its sad.

@penalbattlian

how does 1/3 penterting chance for thanks which grows less likely with vet2 armor and health upgrades, 80 damage only and -20 AI infantry damage sound for draw backs?
26 Jun 2016, 21:27 PM

I have another idea, add an option to the poll about the OP having autism.
Phy
26 Jun 2016, 21:58 PM

Intresting approach, a diplomacy feature? That would be great and bring female gamers to the genre. Relic, take a note

Sexist post detected.
26 Jun 2016, 22:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

:facepalm:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak