Login

russian armor

Oberkommando Versus USF 1v1

25 Jun 2016, 15:04 PM

Long time lurker, first time poster with a question about fighting the USF as OKW.

To give an indication of skill level I'm usually ranked around Level 7 or 8 with UKF, SOV, OST and USF 1v1, so not amazing but not beyond terrible either. Before the 21st June patch I didn't play OKW automatch because I didn't find massed Volks fun to play and they struggled doing anything else.

Since the patch I've been playing OKW a lot trying to get it up with the rest of the factions but I keep running into a wall. Against UKF and SOV I can usually hold midgame with T2, MG34s and good use of cover long enough for me to get to late game armour and push back. Against USF however I struggle immensely. I do okay at the start by beating riflemen with superior positioning but mid-game I rapidly end up forced onto the defensive and losing the resource war, something OKW can't really afford to do given the price of their armour. I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure what.

So my question is this: what approach in terms of commander, build and tactics do you take against the USF as OKW?

25 Jun 2016, 15:58 PM

the most important n dangerous thing right u need to be fear is the USF mortar and the Stuart..

USF mortar i dont know if its already been fix (longest auto atk range)
the new bug Stuart Rapid Fire Stuart
25 Jun 2016, 16:07 PM

The Stuart I can usually deal with, the mortar usually poses much more of problem by shutting down machine guns and bleeding my manpower which means I can't stop them from blobbing. Their infantry superiority means I usually can't flank and kill it effectively.
25 Jun 2016, 16:08 PM

Rushing him with 2x sturms and a kubel and gaining an early game fuel advantage should help you getting a luchs out and forcing him to react.

If facing 2x packs then you definitely need to build a walking stuka.
25 Jun 2016, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 15:04 PMLago
-snip-

Nice to see you joined our coh2.org community in order to improve, we are here to help you :)

Do you have replay where you play as okw against usa, I think it is best way how we ca help you.

If you don´t know, this is how your create replay review in replay reviews section

https://www.coh2.org/topic/34356/welcome-to-the-replay-reviews

and here is post about how should replay text nearby work, but I think this text you wrote here + some good game against balanced opponent where you strugle will be enaought.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/51711/readme-requesting-a-replay-review

See ya soon ;)

Hector

25 Jun 2016, 18:33 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %